Anyone use Asics for Running/Cross-training??? Need some help!

Gill Baka Esq. LLC.

formerly grimlock
Alright so I need a really good pair of running/cross-training shoes that can stand up really well and perform even better. Right now I'm looking intosome Asics since they have a good reputation along with Brooks and Mizuno in the running community.

I have a neutral arch and i've been really looking at the Asics Kayano 14, Nimbus and Cumulus, so if theirs anyone that can share some info on a good corerunning sneaker it would be much appreciated.

pimp.gif

Go into one to those stores that specializes in running shoes. The employees at these stores tend to be really knowledgeable, and distance runners themselves.They will help you get a proper shoe.

Nordstrom Rack has a few Asics on discount. Particularly the Kayano (at least where I live). IMHO the Asics Kinsei is a great shoe to run in but I no longersee those around, only the Kinsei 2. The Kinetic uses the same key techs just different uppers.

I am a huge fan of the Asics Kayano. I've purchase at least 5 in the last 3 years. If you're looking for a great stability running shoe, nothing beatsthe Kayano's.

^^ and yes, you can find them at Nordstrom Rack at a good price.

Yeah i've been lookin at Asics running shoes too. I went to Philadelphia Runner and they told me I had a high arch (the most uncommon arch type). Forneutral or high archs, they suggested the Nike Pegasus, Asics Nimbus, Adidas Supernova Glide, and a few other shoes. I tried on the Gel Nimbus 11 today and itfelt like I was walking on a nimbus cloud. Still looking to try on some Supernovas.

Yeah i've been lookin at Asics running shoes too. I went to Philadelphia Runner and they told me I had a high arch (the most uncommon arch type). Forneutral or high archs, they suggested the Nike Pegasus, Asics Nimbus, Adidas Supernova Glide, and a few other shoes. I tried on the Gel Nimbus 11 today and itfelt like I was walking on a nimbus cloud. Still looking to try on some Supernovas.

Originally Posted by Tuition Aint Cheap

Yeah i've been lookin at Asics running shoes too. I went to Philadelphia Runner and they told me I had a high arch (the most uncommon arch type). For neutral or high archs, they suggested the Nike Pegasus, Asics Nimbus, Adidas Supernova Glide, and a few other shoes. I tried on the Gel Nimbus 11 today and it felt like I was walking on a nimbus cloud. Still looking to try on some Supernovas.
Actually your foot type is the most common.Thats why those styles are the most sold and probably why they told you that.Make sure they know whatthey are talking about .

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Alright so I need a really good pair of running/cross-training shoes that can stand up really well and perform even better. Right now I'm looking into some Asics since they have a good reputation along with Brooks and Mizuno in the running community.

I have a neutral arch and i've been really looking at the Asics Kayano 14, Nimbus and Cumulus, so if theirs anyone that can share some info on a good core running sneaker it would be much appreciated.

pimp.gif

Not for you.Maybe the Nimbus or Cumulus.If its more moderate the 2140 but the Kayano will be too firm for your arch type asssuming you are neutral.

Originally Posted by victorjames

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Alright so I need a really good pair of running/cross-training shoes that can stand up really well and perform even better. Right now I'm looking into some Asics since they have a good reputation along with Brooks and Mizuno in the running community.

I have a neutral arch and i've been really looking at the Asics Kayano 14, Nimbus and Cumulus, so if theirs anyone that can share some info on a good core running sneaker it would be much appreciated.

pimp.gif

Not for you.Maybe the Nimbus or Cumulus.If its more moderate the 2140 but the Kayano will be too firm for your arch type asssuming you are neutral.
I was about to say that too.

I have a high arch and neutral, but I didn't like the Nimbus. I did like the Nike Vomero 4 though. I have not tried the Cumulus but I have a feeling itwould be a much better choice for me. The Nimbus is for big people, in my opinion with neutral gaits and regular arches.

If you are light enough, maybe the DS Trainer 14s would be a good alternate if you are a mild overpronator, or the Nike Zoom Elite 4s. Or if you want a lightshoe and are relatively light, the Nike Lunar Trainers and Nike Run Avants may be a better choice.

I'm just throwing these out for you to try. All of them are very good shoes however.

I went to Running Room and the guy fitted me into a few different pairs of shoes among which were some asics, brooks, mizuno etc. The gel kayano 14 just feltso natural. I've had the 13s before that and the 14s fit like a glove. closest to feeling "almost not there". next close was the brooks, but itdidnt feel quite as natural. that was over a year ago, ive had the kayano 15s since and then went back to another pair of 14s. something about them just fitsme really really well. I won't change till i have to.

Give the Kinsei a shot. I thought the Kayanos were the best until I got a chance to try the Kinsei 2 on...

get something for now then get some of the new brooks glycerin 8s in january. they are debuting a new cushioning tech called DNA in them thats really cool. itsmade of a non-newtonian liquid that fells very soft when you are standing on it applying direct pressure but it feels much sturdier when walking/running inthem.

btw, i dont really like the glycerin 7s so i wouldnt recommend those.

Originally Posted by airmaxes

Give the Kinsei a shot. I thought the Kayanos were the best until I got a chance to try the Kinsei 2 on...
Two very different shoes.

I nitpick in NT running thread so much because people always think because a shoe works for them that it's the one for everybody else. Everybody's footis different, so get knowledge. Checkout RunnersWorld forums they're pretty helpful and they have a lot of tools you can use to find out for yourself whatyou need without even having to step into a tech store.

Best thing to do is try on stuff in the same categories but get what feels best for you. Some neutral runners LOVE Wave Riders, some don't. It's all upto your left and right at the end of the day.

Try some Vibram FF's too.
tongue.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom