Anyone wanna explain how True religion jeans have thus survived this long?

Umm ray ray isn't from NYC...and nobody else in that movie had on foams stop it. You guys was not going hard like DC/MD.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

How are all you NYC kats such experts on every other region in the US?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

How are all you NYC kats such experts on every other region in the US?

Ask my God how he thought travellin the world sound
Found it hard to imagine he hadn't been past downtown

Originally Posted by Put em up

Umm ray ray isn't from NYC...and nobody else in that movie had on foams stop it. You guys was not going hard like DC/MD.
move is based in NYC, and yes we were, its no coincidence hoh's opened in NY first and we were showered with exclusive foams and flights before anyone else.

Wait, I'm not sure how far the foam movement goes in MD, but I remember NYC going crazy with foams my sophomore year in HS and that was back in 1998

Everybody knows the DMV was on foams, posites, and Nike Boots first point blank period!! That's not even a question, NYC started AFTER us and call them ACGs (which is such a disgrace).

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Everybody knows the DMV was on foams, posites, and Nike Boots first point blank period!! That's not even a question, NYC started AFTER us and call them ACGs (which is such a disgrace).

Que?Fam foams have always been known as foams as far as I'm concerned and like I said, this dates all the way back to 1996-98 I believe, how much further back do you guys go with it, SRS question....

c'mon b...da designer went to NYC and got inspiration from making em from NYC cats.

and ACGs is what they are, all condition gear boots from Nike.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

c'mon b...da designer went to NYC and got inspiration from making em from NYC cats.

and ACGs is what they are, all condition gear boots from Nike.

laugh.gif
this guy

Nah but on a serious note. Everyone does know that DC/MD started that foam/flightposite/nike boot %%*!.

We stay doin us and most %%*! other regions don't pick up on cuz they ain't as hip.

What ya'll ganna claim next? New Balance?

So the DMV is claiming what?...foamposite pros and 1's??...because why the hype is through the roof?...or are you guys also claiming foamposite max, flightposites??...NY has been on these shoes since they first came to light, the hell are you guys talking about??...perhaps we were all on them at the same time, but unless these shoes released first and exclusively in the DMV area I don't see how you guys were on it first...dudes going crazy over the OG Duncan's, Pippens, Penny's, etc...these are moments that are part of my high school memories and dude I'm hitting 30 this year
laugh.gif

Foams been poppin in nyc since the first release though along with any other posite. I know Goadomes was something that def was major in the DMV prior to anywhere else, but you crazy if you think dudes in nyc wasn't up on any sneaker since it's release. Dudes simply rocked with constructs and vasque more than anything when it came to boots, dudes was still in acg's though, just not goadomes as much. Just cause all the dmv dress the same don't mean you started #$#$, that's like saying y'all was the first on steep techs just cause you od with it 
laugh.gif

Da hate for the city 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

True's made it this far because they changed the cuts of the jeans , and more and more rappers/celebs still rock em... They are a main stay in jeans from here on out.

I have around 5 pairs .

And dudes who speaking for the south . Stop it... I live in Dallas and 7 out of 10 cats is snap back , street wearing corns.... The south takes any style years later and runs it into the ground.

Dudes down here just know discovered foamposites.

NO! D.C. was into foams and Goadomes while NYC was into candy painted 1's and pants bedazzled with every basketball team on it.

Dude's trippin'! True's are good $$. Just gotta stick with the basic straight Ricky cut w/out the loud contrast stitching. Fits right but inseam needs to be taken in which is an easy fix with a tailor

Originally Posted by notoriousmro

NO! D.C. was into foams and Goadomes while NYC was into candy painted 1's and pants bedazzled with every basketball team on it.

Fam we were wearing foamposites years before the whole patched up NBA jeans and airbrushed AFs craze, you guys in the DMV are really buggin

"ill leave a N's black and blue like a pair of pennies" - Killa Cam "357" on confessions of fire...in 1998

we been rockin pennys and foamposites...DC n's need to fall back and recognize that da sneaker culture in NYC is just way more powerful then ya...

I know its not, I'm from the ol school and everybody my age doesn't address it as DMV.

But it's def not the south.
Yea I hate that DMV nonsense. But I thought it was common knowledge that DC was the FLight/Foam capital of the world. I am sure we can email Nike and find out the popularity of certain shoes in specific regions.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

"ill leave a N's black and blue like a pair of pennies" - Killa Cam "357" on confessions of fire...in 1998

we been rockin pennys and foamposites...DC n's need to fall back and recognize that da sneaker culture in NYC is just way more powerful then ya...

Dudes are really delusional disrespecting NYC like that.
roll.gif
I want DMV cats to post up scanned pictures of them in foams circa 98' I'm sure I can find some of NYers in them.

Meanwhile in cali, we in our levis gettin high not caring what the next man is wearing and gettin bunz.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I know its not, I'm from the ol school and everybody my age doesn't address it as DMV.

But it's def not the south.
Yea I hate that DMV nonsense. But I thought it was common knowledge that DC was the FLight/Foam capital of the world. I am sure we can email Nike and find out the popularity of certain shoes in specific regions.

laugh.gif
   pretty much man. 

DMV = Nike Boots
NYC = Timbs.

Foams were so easy to cop around here while everywhere else would complain about availability. That's a fact. NYC and ATL is bout the only place where AF1s are still heavy in rotation
laugh.gif
. And even before NYC jacked us it stopped thru Bmore and possibly Philly before heading up north. Anybody on this board will tell you foams/Nike boots is DC Metro area without question. Yall can't claim everything
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom