Anyone work at an Amazon Fullfillment Center? I've got questions

I recently received a job offer to be a L5 Area Manager at the Fulfillment center outside Portland. Pay is pretty good but I'm trying to get a feel for the job; does anyone work (or know anyone who works) at an Amazon Fulfillment Center? Do any of y'all know anyone whose has had this job? I'm been reaching out to people on Linkedin and read GlassDoor reviews, I'm just trying to source as much info as possible. Amazon is giving me money to move but I'm not tryna move back across the country to a job I think I'll hate.

Last edited:
Not tryna flex, furthest thing from it. I just want to get as many different opinions as possible before I uproot my life and move (again)

So mentioning your salary was needed to ask that question?

We all #HumbleBrag from time to time.

Just own up to it.

I come in peace

You're gonna hate Portland more than the job.

On the plus side (at least for you), portland had to be the ace of spades capital of the US.

You're gonna hate Portland more than the job.

On the plus side (at least for you), portland had to be the ace of spades capital of the US.

I used to live in Western Washington, near Seattle, so I'm used to the PNW. The gloomy weather doesn't bother me much.

Also, I'm retired from the game. I'm getting married soon so I'm not worried about smashing chicks. :lol:

aren’t they like one of the worst companies to work for especially when you are in the warehouse

Perhaps... of you're a grunt, which he clearly wouldn't be. Anyway the pay sounds good and the cost of living is probably low. I would make the move, just male sure to keep your workers happy.

Not so much the weather, portland is straight boring. Not to mention its not very diverse.

Id suggest visiting for a few days to get a feel of the vibe. Who knows, it might be your cup o tea.

Perhaps... of you're a grunt, which he clearly wouldn't be. Anyway the pay sounds good and the cost of living is probably low. I would make the move, just male sure to keep your workers happy.

Portland is actually a top 20 most expensive city to live in the US.

So mentioning your salary was needed to ask that question?

We all #HumbleBrag from time to time.

Just own up to it.

I come in peace
Bruh is about to move across the country

I would think salary is an important factor

I recently received a job offer to be a L5 Area Manager at the Fulfillment center outside Portland. Pay is pretty good but I'm trying to get a feel for the job; does anyone work (or know anyone who works) at an Amazon Fulfillment Center? Do any of y'all know anyone whose has had this job? I'm been reaching out to people on Linkedin and read GlassDoor reviews, I'm just trying to source as much info as possible. Amazon is giving me money to move but I'm not tryna move back across the country to a job I think I'll hate.
I thought you lived in the bay?

Wife’s cousin works for amazon
Does something with auditing
She likes it
Worked in Seattle
She has worked for amazon for like 10 years
Her husband in the military and they let her relocate to Georgia and same position
About a month or 2 ago
We all use her amazon prime
And employee discount

They just opened a fulfillment center over here, the building is massive. I applied for a Cloud Architecture role, havent heard back yet

I was in the Navy stationed in Concord. I got out of the Navy over the Summer my fiancee and I moved back to Atlanta. Now I got a job offer back West
****, tough decision. There's alot more to do in the A unless you like the outdoors. But personally I'd stay in the A based off of the downsize you'd face(unless your salary is alot more or your a home-body).

I mean unless you’re broke now I wouldn’t.

It’s amazon bro...

Warehouse worker or manager they are gonna chew you up and spit you out after you get a few raises and they can pay someone less to do the same job.

Comp is pretty important here considering the move, someone familiar with that area's COL should chime in. For instance that 100k wouldn't be worth it CA at all.

I have cousins that work in Amazon data centers. They seem to like it. I don't think I could do it though.

Edit:

Come to think of it, one of my cousins travels to a data center just outside of Portland from time to time. She hates it because there's nothing to do. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom