Anyone work at Best Buy?

Got an interview tomorrow in the computer dept and was just wondering if anyone works there and had any info on it. Average pay and what not.

I work at best buy Geek Squad though. PCHO is cool dept. just say you are good at attaching services and accessories to anything you sell. pay maybe $9-$10 depending where you are located?.

San Diego. They told me it was part time but I figured with the holidays coming up I'd be getting more hours.

is this your first interview with them? i remember when i got hired i had to go through 3 interviews which was ridiculous for retail lol.

I did for close to five years, quit last year. It was cool at first but got old. Managers were dumb as ****, hated the hours and my department, etc. I think i just got really tired of it so i said **** it and quit. If you're in school it's not a bad job, since it's a big store they're usually pretty good with working around your school schedule etc. If you get hired and work this holiday season by the time Christmas rolls around you're gonna hate mankind :lol: Customers are heathens during the holidays.

I worked there for about 2 years in the home theater dep.

Heard bad things about the comp dep at the store where i worked at. Just make sure you seem knowledgeable about computers and you should be fine.

If you get the job and want to stay part/full time instead of seasonal remember that the products pretty much sell themselves BB cares about what you add. I.E Black tie,accessories,home delivery.
At least that was the case when I was there but i doubt its different.

I worked there for about 2 years in the home theater dep.
Heard bad things about the comp dep at the store where i worked at. Just make sure you seem knowledgeable about computers and you should be fine.
If you get the job and want to stay part/full time instead of seasonal remember that the products pretty much sell themselves BB cares about what you add. I.E Black tie,accessories,home delivery.
At least that was the case when I was there but i doubt its different.

Yeah it was the same when i left, accessories, black tie, etc. If you want to stay just make yourself likeable to your fellow employees. Every year i was there our supervisor would ask me as well as other people in my department which of the seasonal employees knew their stuff as well as who we liked and wanted to keep. Although the last year i was there we barely kept any seasonal people, and that was for the whole store. Only kept a handful of them.

i worked at best buy seasonal 2 years ago, it wasnt that bad worked 9 hours on black friday didnt have to go so early either got lucky i guess most people had 2 split shifts

yea it was 3 interviews first one was a group interview, just try to talk a lot, learn about the best buys brands and mention them rocketfish insignia and 2 more forgot already lol

Back
Top Bottom