Anyone Work At Costco??? Vol. That Test Is HARD

I worked at Costco a couple yrs ago (summer job when I was in college). I had a connect which is how I got the job, they also told me the answers to the test.Working there was hella fun... No worries, easy job, hit on girls all day, compete to be the first to get it crackin with the new front end chick...
pimp.gif

Then I graduated college, moved x-country for a job....which I quit 1.5 yrs later out of boredom (bad move). Its the hollidays and I have no job (going onseveral weeks)... I just want to re-live those costco days for a few months. I swear I cannot figure out this stupid test on the application (it is the sametest as before
smh.gif
)

btw atlanta heads, i applied at the cumberland location and am pretty sure i bombed the test. i am gonna apply at the perimeter one tonight.
smh.gif

I need a freaking job
indifferent.gif

Cliffnotes: He quit his job before he had a new one. Now he wants a job. HNS.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

What were some questions
actual costco application test question

Three old ladies won tickets to their first ever baseball games. They were gonna head to Wrigley Field to see the Cubbies play.
Now, being on a fixed income, they decided to save a bit of money on refreshments and took along one (1) bottle of Jack Daniels Whiskey. So they drove up to Chicago, settled into their seats and started mixing their J.D. with Cokes that they bought. They were having a swell time, partying, dancing, doing the wave, screaming, cheering, hollering, just letting lose and letting it all hang out, when suddenly they realized they were almost out of whiskey and the game wasn't nearly over yet.
Now here's the question: considering the provided information, can you tell me what inning the game was in at that point and how many players were on base?

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Cliffnotes: He quit his job before he had a new one. Now he wants a job. HNS.
yea basically (dont know what HNS means)

the questions have impossible answers like

A supervisor tells you to do something that you know is incorrect.
Do you do it his way, knowing it is wrong, saying nothing.
Or...Do it your way and don't tell him.

mess like that smh

I drive a forklift there. I mostly stock water/soda during the day. I stay eating the samples! The old ladies love me because I talk to them and because ofthat they stay offering me food. I had a whole salmon once and they stay giving me monsters and pot-pies or whatever the hell they're serving on any givenday. I'm getting paid $16 and I've been there two years.

The key to the test is to be consistent with your answers. If I remember correctly they ask the same damn questions in different ways. Just BS it and answerhow you think they want you to answer. Just read each question carefully. Be prepared to sit there for at least an hour.

Those questions seem similar to the jawns Best Buy or Circuit City might ask. I used to know a girl that took online tests for people so they could get placedthere.

The key to the test is to be consistent with your answers. If I remember correctly they ask the same damn questions in different ways. Just BS it and answer how you think they want you to answer.
This is also true for many application tests you take.

Doobag, i feel like the common theme is they see if i want to do things by either being a problem solver or by asking a supervisor. my answers basically avoidtalking to supervisors but they word it so confusing... mess is hard

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

What were some questions

Three old ladies won tickets to their first ever baseball games. They were gonna head to Wrigley Field to see the Cubbies play.
Now, being on a fixed income, they decided to save a bit of money on refreshments and took along one (1) bottle of Jack Daniels Whiskey. So they drove up to Chicago, settled into their seats and started mixing their J.D. with Cokes that they bought. They were having a swell time, partying, dancing, doing the wave, screaming, cheering, hollering, just letting lose and letting it all hang out, when suddenly they realized they were almost out of whiskey and the game wasn't nearly over yet.
Now here's the question: considering the provided information, can you tell me what inning the game was in at that point and how many players were on base?

Wait, what?

What were some questions

That makes no damn sense..how the hell am i suppose to know what inning it is

They word it confusing for a reason. It's basically the same question and they want to see if you are consistent with your answers. If you are = highscore. Don't be the "problem solver" always ask a supervisor or do what the supervisor tells you to do. If the question is too confusing justdon't answer with the strongly disagree/agree. Otherwise always go for the answers with a definite answer (strongly). It helps if you call or go to thecostco and follow up on your application. Explain that you've never been a good test taker and that you're really really interested. Do this when thestore is not busy or else the manager might get annoyed.

It's a good company to work for. I could have been a supervisor ($22/hr) or even a manager by now if it wasn't for me being in school and only workingfor them 3 days a week.

Oh and YNS.

them type of questions is a !%!@$
smh.gif
laugh.gif

i mean question 6. you could make a arguement for all of those...

but i think it tends to be chain of command in places like that, so you have to be a curtis and tell the supervisor
smile.gif
laugh.gif

It was the bottom of the fifth (bottle size) and the bags (old ladies) were loaded.

laugh.gif
damn. pretty nice joke of a question, sure needed some alcohol knowledge and a sense of humor

I hate those damn unicrui personality tests ..if i haden't(sp?) gone to best buy after i applied and spoke to the manager i would've never gotten aphone call from them
smh.gif

ive worked there for 6 and a half years but the last three years i spent serving in the air force on a leave of absence. never had to take no test like that,anyone here from the 006 warehouse?

on the second question A is what you would LEAST LIKELY do my dudeee and C is what you would MOST LIKELY do...but is the test through UNICRU?

i work at costco, i know someone who works there so all i had to do was apply, and i got the job with no interviews. i stock graveyard hours so i wouldn'tsay its really easy. all the girls work in the frontend which i might transfer to if theres any openings.

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

It was the bottom of the fifth (bottle size) and the bags (old ladies) were loaded.

laugh.gif
damn. pretty nice joke of a question, sure needed some alcohol knowledge and a sense of humor
That's actually pretty awesome.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom