Anyone work for UPS as a Package Handler ?

UPS=Under Paid Slavery. They pay about $8 and the job sucks. Bad hours and miserable co workers. Your better off getting a position in Freight.

Originally Posted by hankthetank

I work there. You start at $8.50 an hour. You are probably going to unloading or loading trailers. They hire anybody that is motivated to work there so interview is easy. The shifts last 3-4 hours a day. If you're a student this might be perfect PT job. UPS target students that are going to school. They do offer tuition assistance. After a year they offer health insurance. Expect to bust your +%% the whole shift non-stop like a robot. You'll be exhausted everyday till you're body get use to it. That should last for 2-3 weeks. It's a workout so plan to sweat and drink alot of water. UPS has a high turn over rate. You'll see people come and go. Some locations they have bbq each month. They feed you hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, and pop. After 30 days you gain seniority and join the union. Everything is base on seniority at UPS. Don't expect to move up if you do plan on staying with the company anytime soon.

Couldnt have said it any better... All I would add is that it is not like a normal job where you have your supervisor all over you... Just do you, and you wontbe bothered... Been at UPS for 2 years and its good... Great benefits, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts
pimp.gif

I just dont get how UPS pays less then FedEx even with the union, like somebody else said...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

Originally Posted by upstateboibeats

Originally Posted by NotoriousLAR

Originally Posted by georgehimself

I handle packages all of the time. If you want to be discreet, I can deliver through the rear. First class all the way.

laugh.gif
I think im one of the few that realizes this is from a movie...
yeah, its from chuck & Larry

Good stuff. It seemed familiar when I read it.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I just got off work from UPS. night shift FTL. I dont know if every where is the same as my work. I work in the biggest UPS hub in the world (Louisville, KY)so we probably get 2x more packages through our system a night. It isnt bad at all. I would recommend it.

Originally Posted by tylerhundley

I just got off work from UPS. night shift FTL. I dont know if every where is the same as my work. I work in the biggest UPS hub in the world (Louisville, KY) so we probably get 2x more packages through our system a night. It isnt bad at all. I would recommend it.
I just got out of work also... What is the average volume during your shift?

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Originally Posted by tylerhundley

I just got off work from UPS. night shift FTL. I dont know if every where is the same as my work. I work in the biggest UPS hub in the world (Louisville, KY) so we probably get 2x more packages through our system a night. It isnt bad at all. I would recommend it.
I just got out of work also... What is the average volume during your shift?

peak season it was around 1.3 million a night, its slowing down now and its been about 800,000 a night for a week or two, give or take. What do yall push anight?

Originally Posted by Young Stutta

I work there. You start at $8.50 an hour. You are probably going to unloading or loading trailers. They hire anybody that is motivated to work there so interview is easy. The shifts last 3-4 hours a day. If you're a student this might be perfect PT job. UPS target students that are going to school. They do offer tuition assistance. After a year they offer health insurance. Expect to bust your +%% the whole shift non-stop like a robot. You'll be exhausted everyday till you're body get use to it. That should last for 2-3 weeks. It's a workout so plan to sweat and drink alot of water. UPS has a high turn over rate. You'll see people come and go. Some locations they have bbq each month. They feed you hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, and pop. After 30 days you gain seniority and join the union. Everything is base on seniority at UPS. Don't expect to move up if you do plan on staying with the company anytime soon.
co-sign
(been there 2 years)
hit the nail on the head; EXCEPT I got full benefits after 90 days + $1.00 raise.
and to be honest I just got off work 30 mins ago and I'm tired as hell Sunrise shift FTW
pimp.gif
.3:00am-8:00am.. I hear it gets so hot during the day that people faint
tired.gif

I been there for about 10 months... i know I'm gonna need those benefits... everyone needs healthcare benies
laugh.gif

i was working at ups for a couple months. it was OK but i didn't think it was worth the pay. i started at 9.35 and ended at 10.35.. i had the morning shift,i had to quit due to me falling asleep in class almost every day and the supervisors were jerks. lower yellow bins and having the route for monster cable ftl.irregular packages suck

just got off work. night shift ftw...although sometimes ftL

cant wait for that raise in February!

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Originally Posted by Young Stutta

co-sign
(been there 2 years)
hit the nail on the head; EXCEPT I got full benefits after 90 days + $1.00 raise.
and to be honest I just got off work 30 mins ago and I'm tired as hell Sunrise shift FTW
pimp.gif
.3:00am-8:00am.. I hear it gets so hot during the day that people faint
tired.gif

I been there for about 10 months... i know I'm gonna need those benefits... everyone needs healthcare benies
laugh.gif

I heard in the summer the trailers are like 90 degrees

i work there. where u live.. its easy..

i work fast most times slow.. take ur time and youll be fine. its not as bad as it may seem ..

the starting pay doesn't even bother the new workers at all. I wouldn't work for $8.50 but I did long time ago. UPS is pretty good at recruiting peopleto work for them.

u get a dollar raise after 3 months.. and another dollar if u take the sort test.. so techincally u can get paid 10.50 after within 3 months.. and anotherraise by feb. so around 11.. then i think u get .85 raise after your 1 year..

so in 1 year you can be paid 11.85 or 12 per hour

didn't know there were people that work at ups on here. I been with the company for 8 years now and i'm FT now. The longer you stay the more you'llmake.

I was a package handler for FedEx and from what I found out UPS > FedEx.

Forget the pay for a minute. At FedEx instead of working Monday-Friday, you work Tuesday-Saturday. Not having your Friday nights sucks. At FedEx you have toscan all of the packages before you load them on to the designated truck (at UPS I don't think you have to). Also, the system for loading the trucks ismuch easier at UPS.

If I'm wrong someone correct me. That's just the differences I've found out here in Washington State.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Forget the pay for a minute. At FedEx instead of working Monday-Friday, you work Tuesday-Saturday. Not having your Friday nights sucks. At FedEx you have to scan all of the packages before you load them on to the designated truck (at UPS I don't think you have to). Also, the system for loading the trucks is much easier at UPS.

If I'm wrong someone correct me. That's just the differences I've found out here in Washington State.
yea we have to scan all the packages too, for tracking... yesterday I loaded about 900 packages/boxes and my partner loaded around 550. I loadthe 18wheeler freights. that +#!* is exhausting.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Forget the pay for a minute. At FedEx instead of working Monday-Friday, you work Tuesday-Saturday. Not having your Friday nights sucks. At FedEx you have to scan all of the packages before you load them on to the designated truck (at UPS I don't think you have to). Also, the system for loading the trucks is much easier at UPS.

yea we have to scan all the packages too, for tracking... yesterday I loaded about 900 packages/boxes and my partner loaded around 550. I load the 18wheeler freights. that +#!* is exhausting.
weak.. i scanned like 2500 packages in 4 hrs. and yes all packages must be scanned at ups. but there are some that doesnt scan.. so i jus tossthem.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom