Anyone's family ever draw names for Christmas?

My fam for as long as I can remember draws names for Xmas. When we are all together its 32 people. Back in the day, it used to be by family. But they switched it to just 1 for 1, and made a limit of $50 bucks or so. It's cool, you only have to worry about 1 gift.

My fam for as long as I can remember draws names for Xmas. When we are all together its 32 people. Back in the day, it used to be by family. But they switched it to just 1 for 1, and made a limit of $50 bucks or so. It's cool, you only have to worry about 1 gift.

My immediate family used to do this every year since I was 5 or so. But everyone went off to college, got married, moved to diff. states etc. do we just get gifts for each other.

My immediate family used to do this every year since I was 5 or so. But everyone went off to college, got married, moved to diff. states etc. do we just get gifts for each other.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

its called secret santa..
I know what it's called, just hadn't heard of it being done outside of the work environment.

Didn't know so many families were doing this.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

its called secret santa..
I know what it's called, just hadn't heard of it being done outside of the work environment.

Didn't know so many families were doing this.

we used to do it but some folks were not meeting the minimum or even getting what the the other person asked for...at this point, I'm just buying for my in-home family and whoever else I want to buy for..Ican just go buy myself a gift

we used to do it but some folks were not meeting the minimum or even getting what the the other person asked for...at this point, I'm just buying for my in-home family and whoever else I want to buy for..Ican just go buy myself a gift

My cousins and I do this every year since 2001. It saves so much time and headache than having to go out and shop for everyone in your family. We draw names out of a hat, and 1 gift for each (about at 40$ limit).

My cousins and I do this every year since 2001. It saves so much time and headache than having to go out and shop for everyone in your family. We draw names out of a hat, and 1 gift for each (about at 40$ limit).

yups... Intentionally it was to save money, but now it means we're going to be spending 500 or so on that one person.. does save time tho

yups... Intentionally it was to save money, but now it means we're going to be spending 500 or so on that one person.. does save time tho

We do this for my extended family because my mom has 4 sisters and 5 brothers
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom