Anything to help w/ focus?

NT,

Do any of you all take anything to help with your focus? I swear I would be a monster at work if I can stay on task, and not get distracted. I'm the absolute worse when it comes to focusing in general.

Any tips or anything is appreciated.

Thanks,

Usually focus problems comes from having too many thoughts running in your head. Take 2 min at the beginning and end of each day to clear your head. Use deep breathing exercises and just try and think about nothing. Really helps imo

I have the same dam problem... I don't even sleep much because of it... Was wondering the same thing a couple of weeks ago

What distracts you specifically? Remember, out of sight out of mind.

You'll get a raise and have a 4.0 gpa.

You'll just be permanently impotent.

Heard about people taking adderall to help with the concentration but the addiction to it in the long run proves that it is not worth it.

Ask yourself, do you really think that the short term gratification is worth the possibility of a life long addiction, not just to taking adderall now but after a while, your body will become addicted and the need for more may lead to a worst outcome.

Just try to get a good nights sleep, eat breakfast and focus on your work, you will be fine.

Do what you want tho

Just my two cents.

Been on and off of adderall for the past year.

It works wonders for me, but I personally hate the feeling I get when I'm coming down, so I don't see myself getting addicted. In fact, only time I use em is when I have a lot of work to finish or a huge test to study for. I take 20 mg quick release and it'll last 6 hours or so. During that time, it's insane how much more information I take in.

But it does come with a price. After those 6 hours of focus, the amphetamine starts leaving your body. It's terrible. The worst bouts of depression I've ever had came when I was coming down from the drug. It's gotten better now, but for the sake of my sanity, I use it in moderation. This semester I haven't used more than 12 and more than likely, I'll be off of it until finals come.

There may be other things out there that are good for focus, but I don't know what they are. I'd be more than willing to use an alternative... But adderall does work.

Berries, salmon, a bowl of Cheerios and a low serving of chocolate or nuts...almonds preferably. Sleep is important, if need start taking naps. I started taking naps around 25 years old. 

Stop Intaking anything with fructose corn syrup and artificial sweetners.
Yo honestly how bad is that ****? I always hear people saying not to mess with anything with high fructose corn syrup in it. Then I heard the companies caught on and started callin it by a different name. What are they doing to us?

Good advice,

Thanks,

What distracts you specifically? Remember, out of sight out of mind.

Everything, I have emails, social networking, conflicting priorities while working.

Last edited:
It works wonders for me, but I personally hate the feeling I get when I'm coming down, so I don't see myself getting addicted. In fact, only time I use em is when I have a lot of work to finish or a huge test to study for. I take 20 mg quick release and it'll last 6 hours or so. During that time, it's insane how much more information I take in.
But it does come with a price. After those 6 hours of focus, the amphetamine starts leaving your body. It's terrible. The worst bouts of depression I've ever had came when I was coming down from the drug. It's gotten better now, but for the sake of my sanity, I use it in moderation. This semester I haven't used more than 12 and more than likely, I'll be off of it until finals come.
There may be other things out there that are good for focus, but I don't know what they are. I'd be more than willing to use an alternative... But adderall does work.
I need some of that though. Impotence or not

Good advice,
Thanks,
Everything, I have emails, social networking, conflicting priorities while working.

I have all those problems too on top of just being a pretty bad procrastinator. I wish I could be more motivated during the day rather than the middle of the night. :smh:

Schedule time for distractions. Rather than working and struggling 100% of the time to stay on task, give yourself a small amount of time for non-work stuff.

25 minutes of work free from email, social networks, etc. and 5 minutes for you to do whatever you want. Or do 45 minutes of work and 15 of break or whatever combination works for you. If you know you'll get a break in a certain amount of time, it can help keep you focused and not be tempted to cheat. It's called the pomodoro technique.

Team ADHD right here.

Currently on 20 mg instant release of methylphenidate (ritalin) and 40 mg extended release tabs of ritalin everyday.

It helps but the crash sucks. Got me feeling paranoid and jumpy like a mutha. :smh:

Use a priority list to help keep yourself focused on task. I started mapping out my day a while ago and when I do it usually goes smoothly and I feel much more productive than when I just go with the day's work. Figure out when you're most productive and put your most daunting tasks during that time unless they are important.

Steven Covey's productivity quadrant is also a helpful tool to figure out how urgent certain tasks are.

+1

Use a priority list to help keep yourself focused on task. I started mapping out my day a while ago and when I do it usually goes smoothly and I feel much more productive than when I just go with the day's work. Figure out when you're most productive and put your most daunting tasks during that time unless they are important.

Steven Covey's productivity quadrant is also a helpful tool to figure out how urgent certain tasks are. View media item 126489

Jesus Christ, I'm reading that right now...well I'm listening to it, Lord knows I don't have the attention span to read. :smh:

Damn, sounds like prescribed meth.

Back
Top Bottom