ANYWAY TO OVERCOME PROCRASTINSTION

86b3516be55950e1ae00522ee7cfb8f0892f6d6.gif
im a big time procrastintor. likeright now im supposed to be studying for a test on wednesday but look where am at. i always say ill start at this time or that time but it never get done atthat time. ever since sophmore year in HS, i could have done s much better if i werent a procrastinator.

Just start early with the homework. Like the hardest part is actually starting it. I find that once I get started with homework, I don't stop untilit's done. You know what I mean?

i also need help with this. procrastination has always been a problem for me.

i still have an english essay and some math homework left for tonight

dude same, i always have my laptop right in front of me and whenever i tell myself that im going to check something for like 5 minutes, it ends up being 30minutes.
iuno, whenever im at a library or bookstore im alot more focused.

1. write out a schedule STICK TO IT.
2. have your mom/roommate ban you from the internet or use BESS. lol.

why does everyone view procrastination as a bad thing? read up on structured procrastination http://www.structuredprocrastination.com/
"Most people who write about procrastination write about how to cure it. But this is, strictly speaking, impossible. There are an infinite number ofthings you could be doing. No matter what you work on, you're not working on everything else. So the question is not how to avoid procrastination, but howto procrastinate well." Paul Graham
http://www.paulgraham.com/procrastination.html

thats the world from the professionals, now from my viewpoints procrastination can be very helpful to logical people, the ones who think about there paper andnot about how its due in XX hours. They work through different ideas then when it comes time to push out the paper they have it done already they just need toput word to their ideas. Procrastination also can help by using the short term memory, learning the material the night before can help some by justhighlighting connecting point in the text, going over it just before the test can be far more helpful than a full week of forced studying. Procrastination alsoaloows for the brain to retain more information because you must truly devote all your time to finishing the task on time.

really its all about how you use your procrastinating abilities.

Originally Posted by beezylocks

86b3516be55950e1ae00522ee7cfb8f0892f6d6.gif
im a big time procrastintor. like right now im supposed to be studying for a test on wednesday but look where am at. i always say ill start at this time or that time but it never get done at that time. ever since sophmore year in HS, i could have done s much better if i werent a procrastinator.

I've been a procrastinator all my life. I'm taking a Study Skills class and there are a lot of helpful tips I've learned and they really dowork IF you keep up with them.

The best way I've found is to "JUST GET STARTED!!!"
Put down whatever you're currently doing, turn off any entertainment items (tv,xbox, internet, etc), and just start reading/studying.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to finish this 5-page essay that's due tomorrow.
ohwell.gif
smh.gif

Since this is a procrastinator thread, ever notice how we will use any excuse to put off work? "I scheduled this to be started at 6:00, and now it's6:07. Now I gotta wait until 6:30 to start."

And really I don't see too much of a cure for procrastinators. There's always going to be that gauge in your head that will spurn you on to dosomething at the absolute latest time. As long as that exists, it's tough to rationalize to yourself to start early when you know it can be done 4 hoursbefore class.

^ Yo. I do that all the time. Ok, I'll start studying in 30 minutes. Damn, it's been 38 minutes. I guess I'll start after I eat dinner. And in theend, I go to sleep without getting anything done.

it's right in front of you.

nike.

just do it.

alright, time to study for my economics test tomorrow.

AFTER a little more browsing, though.

laugh.gif

"im supposed to be studying for a test on Wednesday but look where am at."
same with me%##@ am i doing on NT?

if procrastination was a professional sport i would be the MVP

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Since this is a procrastinator thread, ever notice how we will use any excuse to put off work? "I scheduled this to be started at 6:00, and now it's 6:07. Now I gotta wait until 6:30 to start."

And really I don't see too much of a cure for procrastinators. There's always going to be that gauge in your head that will spurn you on to do something at the absolute latest time. As long as that exists, it's tough to rationalize to yourself to start early when you know it can be done 4 hours before class.

roll.gif
i hate that time thing.

You still got all day Tuesday to study

wrong sir its my b day tomorrow.

Man, I'm the same way! I got a ton of homework I should be doing right now.
embarassed.gif

HBD by the way...

i'm the same ..

i'd say, go to your school's library. usually it's quiet because everyone else is studying so it's kinda hard to do much else.

Naw man theres really nothing you can do about it....
like right now I'm procrastinating going to bed since i have class at 715 but i just dont want to so im up on NT

^i hate that the most, procrastinating going to bed. even when i know i have to be up early i'll just fight going to bed until the absolute latest time.

only way to fix it is by doing it......it wont finish if u dont start.........i was a big time procrastinator.....i still am even though im out of school

^i hate that the most, procrastinating going to bed. even when i know i have to be up early i'll just fight going to bed until the absolute latest time.
"The bed is a bundle of paradoxes: we go to it with reluctance, yet we quit it with regret; we make up our minds everynight to leave it early, but we make up our bodies every morning to keep it late."

Back
Top Bottom