Apollo Brown > 9th Wonder

Online one day looking for new talent and something new in my library and came across Apollo Brown's "Clouds" album, which is his newest album, all I can say is that this guy has major talent and can easily see him surpassing 9th, beat wise. Of course 9th has expanded to teaching and other things throughout his career, but when speaking strictly about music Brown is pretty amazing. For new listeners or people trying to hear some of his best stuff I suggest "Clouds" and "Make Do" album(s). BTW he's outta Detroit, below is a link to his official record page. You guys can also find a lot of his stuff online as well. Glad to be apart of the Niketalk Fam, FEEELS GOODMAN!

http://mellomusicgroup.com/apollo-brown.html

Personal Faves:

9th is one of my faves and I have almost his whole catalog, but after listening to some of Apollo's instrumental albums it's a snack wrap.  Personally the beats knock more to me than the average 9th beat.  Let me know how you feel after you give a listen to "Clouds" and "Make Do".

Is that right?  Ya I heard he's also shooting a documentary, I peeped Wonder Years, but I was kinda disappointed by it.

I figured you'd title it that for ppl to check this guy's work.

Just off 9th's catalog alone, thread title is fictitious. Not sure why you chose 9th though. Don't see much similarity in style.

To each his own, but I see similarities in where the beat drops and also sampling.  That's why I compared him against 9th instead of Dre or Blaze.  Title is how I feel so fictitious or not, I'm just tryna bless other peeps ears.

it's beyond me that no one has mentioned the apollo brown & hasaan mackey LP 'daily bread.'

Back
Top Bottom