Apparently, they are trying to start an All-White Basketball League in Georgia

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

I'm just curious...

There are all black schools/sports. Why is this considered racist?
I mean, in my opinion, any single race event/group/faction is stupid, and only perpetuates the idea of racism and segregation, whether it's self-induced or oppressive.

Do away with this only black or only white crap.
Where is there an all black school/sports????

The "black" colleges are HISTORICALLY black.........that dosnt mean that ONLY blacks can go there. Although they would be looked at VERY sideways(unfortunately).

This league is saying ONLY whites can go there.........there is a difference.

EDIT****
WHAT CHOZIN87 SAID, LOL. Guess i should read all pages before i comment huh........

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

So America isn't racist Huh?
Pretty sure there are black colleges and black hall of fames. just saying

Originally Posted by chozin87

I'm just curious...

I mean, in my opinion, any single race event/group/faction is stupid, and only perpetuates the idea of racism and segregation, whether it's self-induced or oppressive.

There are all black schools because white people wouldn't let us in their schools or treat us fairly. Are black people in control of the NCAA or the NBA? Are they stopping white people from playing in the NBA by lynching them and hosing them down? Those HBCU's you speak of are historically black for those reasons and white students can apply and attend as they wish without fear of being lynched or killed for their skin color. Your whole perspective is skewed if you really believe it's acceptable to have an all white basketball league in 2010 and it further proves my belief that America hasn't changed one bit. All of the white people talking about "it wasn't us that enslaved you" would gladly have us back in whips and chains if they could. Unfortunately, so many of us (black people) have chosen ignorance instead and allowed themselves to be victims of the corrupt system that wouldn't have let me attend my elementary, high school, or college 40 years ago. The SAME people are in power pretending they don't feel the same way. I'm done ranting and back to changing my future and my families future.
That's a pretty big blanket statement there. Apparently I want all blacks back as slaves? News to me...

I'm just curious...

There are all black schools because white people wouldn't let us in their schools or treat us fairly. Are black people in control of the NCAA or the NBA? Are they stopping white people from playing in the NBA by lynching them and hosing them down? Those HBCU's you speak of are historically black for those reasons and white students can apply and attend as they wish without fear of being lynched or killed for their skin color. Your whole perspective is skewed if you really believe it's acceptable to have an all white basketball league in 2010 and it further proves my belief that America hasn't changed one bit. All of the white people talking about "it wasn't us that enslaved you" would gladly have us back in whips and chains if they could. Unfortunately, so many of us (black people) have chosen ignorance instead and allowed themselves to be victims of the corrupt system that wouldn't have let me attend my elementary, high school, or college 40 years ago. The SAME people are in power pretending they don't feel the same way. I'm done ranting and back to changing my future and my families future.
That's a pretty big blanket statement there. Apparently I want all blacks back as slaves? News to me...
Im sure he isnt talking about you specifically........but if white people were given that option SERIOUSLY and it was put to a vote, i say theyget more than half of the votes to do it.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

I'm just curious...

Im sure he isnt talking about you specifically........but if white people were given that option SERIOUSLY and it was put to a vote, i say they get more than half of the votes to do it.
My point, is that I'm not in fan of anything race specific. Black, white, Asian, whatever. I think they're all in the wrong.
My point of view is that I think we all need to let go of the past (not forget it, just let go), and move forward more united. It's probably not going tohappen unfortunately, but that doesn't mean that I can't believe in it.

We all have our points of view, and we're all entitled to that.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Im sure he isnt talking about you specifically........but if white people were given that option SERIOUSLY and it was put to a vote, i say they get more than half of the votes to do it.
That's a ridiculously racist statement to make no matter how anyone tries to change it up.

hell they won't even finalize the voter's rights act
they just keep renewing it

and where is this misnomer about HBCU's coming from?

My point, is that I'm not in fan of anything race specific. Black, white, Asian, whatever. I think they're all in the wrong.
My point of view is that I think we all need to let go of the past (not forget it, just let go), and move forward more united. It's probably not going to happen unfortunately, but that doesn't mean that I can't believe in it.

We all have our points of view, and we're all entitled to that.
Even the NAACP?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

NobleKane:
all white teams?? this has the potential to be as horrible as the wnba....
You did not just seriously say that.
tired.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

yes i did
roll.gif

ska you know your the only reason the wnba hasnt folded yet
roll.gif

I'm just curious...

Anyone can go to an "all" black school and there are no all black sports

Originally Posted by Nash

I'm just curious...

Anyone can go to an "all" black school and there are no all black sports
Correct ; smh these colleges were created centuries ago when slavery was in place, not when its 2010...

So would Jason Williams or the white dude that was on the And 1 Tour get banned from this league because their style of play is too "street"? Anyway,good to know that the powers that be in Augusta are treating this league like the joke it is.

All of the white people talking about "it wasn't us that enslaved you" would gladly have us back in whips and chains if they could.

Who in this thread said anything like this? Stop throwing random blanket statements. Maybe I should move this post over to general so we can get back tosports.
eyes.gif

what the hell is going on in here? why cant people laugh and dismiss @%*@ like this? they wont generate any revenue because no major sponsors will support aleague in fear of losing consumers who dont agree with it ... this is a joke, point blank period ... the end ...

then you got someone saying us "white people" would like to have blacks back in chains again? really? smh ...

I'm just curious...

I mean, in my opinion, any single race event/group/faction is stupid, and only perpetuates the idea of racism and segregation, whether it's self-induced or
oppressive.

Yea...NO, i've seen white folks in these black schools.

No dunking in this league boys, fundamentals and three-pointers only. Scouts from Duke, and the Utah Jazz must be flocking to the scene as we speak.

I'm just curious...

WHERE THEY DO THIS AT?!?

there are asian leagues (for middle school/high school) where i'm from, and i was in one. everybody had to be at least half asian descent to play orsomething.

Originally Posted by acidicality

there are asian leagues (for middle school/high school) where i'm from, and i was in one. everybody had to be at least half asian descent to play or something.
that's news to me, i've NEVER heard of anything like that before.

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

Originally Posted by acidicality

there are asian leagues (for middle school/high school) where i'm from, and i was in one. everybody had to be at least half asian descent to play or something.
that's news to me, i've NEVER heard of anything like that before.

I'm in a southasian basketball league with a limit on the amount of nonsouthasian ppl. The point isn't to discriminate but to bring people of a certaincommunity together.

Back
Top Bottom