Apple/Google Splitting up?! (sorry if late)

http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2012/08/the-apple-google-split
Kinda scary to think of my iphone w/o google apps. Mainly Google Maps and YouTube.. Things gonna get interesting for iphone users in the near future.
cliffnotes:
-Apple and Google are ending partnership
-Iphones would no longer run Google Apps (Maps or YouTube)
-Apple would produce similar Apps to substitute losing Google Apps
Maps I can do without, most GPS and navigation apps work fine and I'm sure Apple will create something good. YouTube app will be missed but all I have to do is create a bookmark in safari to youtube and have a shortcut to it on my home screen. Same exact thing

the youtube app on the iphone was worthless as hell so im glad actually.

not really that big of a deal...apple is integrating their own maps in iOS6 and Google is working on a YouTube app that'll be in the App Store

If Apple doesn't nail maps (they already aren't) I'm gonna be SUPER pissed. 

I use Tom Tom app on my iPhone for long distance trips.

I use Maps to look up addresses or places, or for shorter directions almost every day.

So I'm very disappointed. I hope there is a good substitute.

If Apple doesn't nail maps (they already aren't) I'm gonna be SUPER pissed. 

yezzir. Ima be heated if they don't get that down. I pretty much rely on that when I'm out and about. I'm just more curious to see how it all plays out. It could be a change for the better even though I like the set up as is. Hopefully the YouTube replacement app will be better tho

I doubt Apple is going to prevent a downloadable YouTube app from being released on the App Store.

I can deal with an Apple Maps app.

Yeah, I heard the the new Apple map is very good. They've been developing it for a couple of years now.

Maps I can do without, most GPS and navigation apps work fine and I'm sure Apple will create something good. YouTube app will be missed but all I have to do is create a bookmark in safari to youtube and have a shortcut to it on my home screen. Same exact thing

dude says it all

watching vids isn't even a big deal to me anyway I could barely watch them due to the fact my phone is unlocked running on T-Mobile and so the internet on it blows :smh:
I've gotten used to the speed but still wish T-Mobile would just update already

Apple has already designed a Maps app. It's supposedly quite impressive:
http://www.apple.com/ios/ios6/maps/
looks pretty legit. I'ma need it to be to prevent my @#$ from getting lost all the time
laugh.gif
Its not pretty impressive at all.

Keep up with the news and updates on the beta. Its pretty wack so far. Of course if you go to the Apple website it'll look omg+amazing. 
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom