Apple Recalls 1st Gen Ipod Nano

ok finally just went from step 1 to step 3 "product replacement pending". I hope i get it within the next two weeks.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JACKEL56

product replacement pending since Jan 7
indifferent.gif

shouldn't take that much no longer then a week with pending. mines started pending on the 29th of December and it shipped on the 6th and I finally got it in the mail today, so you should be getting yours soon.

So I sent a request on Sunday and then I received the envelope for return today (monday). This is pretty quick
laugh.gif
but after I send it back, how long do I have to wait before they get back to me?

Originally Posted by Grimey

Originally Posted by JACKEL56

product replacement pending since Jan 7
indifferent.gif

shouldn't take that much no longer then a week with pending. mines started pending on the 29th of December and it shipped on the 6th and I finally got it in the mail today, so you should be getting yours soon.
good because I got my system in the car fixed now that I'm getting a new ipod

i just got a email saying it should be here in the next 2 days

edit:should be here tomorrow..ill post pictures of what i get

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

So I sent a request on Sunday and then I received the envelope for return today (monday). This is pretty quick
laugh.gif
but after I send it back, how long do I have to wait before they get back to me?
It took me almost two weeks for them to even change the status from step 1 to step 3.

So i would say after you ship your ipod out, it should take roughly 3 weeks.

30t6p3b.gif
i've missed the delivery of my new ipod like twice already
frown.gif
how come ppl have to sign for this!!!!!!!!!

Just got mine from the Fedex guy. Overall, I thought the process was really quick. Upgraded from the 1st gen 1GB to an 8GB. 
devil.gif

requested for repair on 1/7
received return envelope on 1/10
Gave the return envelope to fedex on 1/11
Apple received it on 1/13 and now I'm on step 3.
pimp.gif

This process has been super quick. It took only a week and I'm in the same situation as most people that requested way earlier. If it matters, I'm located in SF and my nano was 1gb. :/

Got mine on thursday. Pretty cool. Not sure what to do with it now
laugh.gif

Mine is 8g form a 1g and the ipod i sent was one i was given for free in highschool haha

took about 3-4 weeks for me

Is there a expiration date for this? Does it have to be able to turn on? Also, the OP says you can exchange it at an Apple Store but I have yet to see anyone mention this. Any luck?

Thanks NT

Back
Top Bottom