Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Watching all the videos today, I probably should of went with the Space Grey, don't really like how the stainless steel bumper stands out on the silver one.

Watching all the videos today, I probably should of went with the Space Grey, don't really like how the stainless steel bumper stands out on the silver one.

My joint will be in a case regardless, the main reason i stopped doing silver/white iphones was because the big white bezels on the face but since those are gone then im good.

This isn't good :nerd:

you will be fine i mean unless you have evil twin out there trying to ruin your life.

if anything you could disable face id and require pin code. its not that deep honestly and would effect less than prob 1% of customers seeing as the chance of having an identical twin is less that 1% as it stands

statically insignificant they if those people were that concerned they would have to settle for iphone 8

im sure finger print id has some weird off chance that two people can finess the same system. no system is 100 percent perfect heck two randoms could have the same pin code

That silver is looking so dope, those unboxing videos are pointless though, we all know what comes in the box. :lol:

YT blocked at work but judging by the posts Face ID got fooled by twins? If so, not too big of a deal. Only to be concerned if it gets fooled by people who look similar

Other than the new design It's not that impressive to me for some reason

what did you want from it?

at this point we pretty much tapping out what these phones can do at this point (from aesthetics stand point) its either buy just to have the latest toy or hold out a year or 2 phone will look the same probably

no brand from here out is going to radically change the game in terms of general design point. what app makers do will matter tho

i mean snap chat and probably work better on this iphone ( for example) cause of the front facing camera being better so you can do cool little face effects better.

how the tech in these phones allow app makers to better utilize the features should be the guide to buying. in terms of just design these things are just vessels now. if anything they can increase ease of use.

Face ID is a cool concept but it could be made 100% hack proof if it picked up on scars, marks, moles, lazy eyes, etc if you are dealing with twins or people that look eerily similar

what did you want from it?

at this point we pretty much tapping out what these phones can do at this point (from aesthetics stand point) its either buy just to have the latest toy or hold out a year or 2 phone will look the same probably

This is pretty much it. I'm just mad about the specs because It's just a one up from the 7+. Just got to wait they have next year. Love the design minus the notch but I'm sure with time it will be overlooked.

still no movement on my verizon order yet but im not too worried. I've heard stories of people getting charged and getting shipping confirmation the day of. And if there are any card/bank issues verizon will reach out to you when they attempt to process payment.

on another note, for those looking for cases for you phone, especially pricier ones made by third parties. Reach out to those companies and ask if they have any customer review programs. I've gotten so many heavily discounted and free phone accessories just by reaching out and telling them I'd post a review on amazon. Anywhere from tempered glass screen protectors to $100 rechargeable cases for free. Potentially Good reviews mean the world to small companies like them.

https://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-x-review-day-one/?ftag=COS-05-10aaa0b&linkId=44156001

Unlocking isn't automatic. Instead, the phone "readies for unlock" when it recognizes my face. So I look at the iPhone, and then a lock icon at the top unlocks. But the iPhone still needs my finger-swipe to finish the unlock. It's fast, but that extra step means it's not instantaneous. Face ID did recognize me most of the time but sometimes, every once in a while, it didn't.

I tried the phone with at least five of my coworkers. None of their faces unlocked it -- although none of them look remotely like me. I also attempted to unlock it with a big color photo of my face on a 24-inch monitor, but that didn't register as a face to the iPhone X either. The TrueDepth camera recognizes face contours to identify you.

The preliminary results are in my video. This is by no means a final test, but the bottom line is that most of the "real world" tests worked and showed me that Face ID is more resilient than I expected. Face ID didn't mind my sunglasses. Scarves presented some challenges, but that makes sense if they're pulled up over your mouth since they're hiding essential aspects of your face. All the tests worked far better than Samsung's face unlock feature on the Galaxy Note 8 -- though Samsung kept its fingerprint reader on, as an easy backup.

Face ID seems to be coming off as secure, y'all will be aight

still no movement on my verizon order yet but im not too worried. I've heard stories of people getting charged and getting shipping confirmation the day of. And if there are any card/bank issues verizon will reach out to you when they attempt to process payment.

on another note, for those looking for cases for you phone, especially pricier ones made by third parties. Reach out to those companies and ask if they have any customer review programs. I've gotten so many heavily discounted and free phone accessories just by reaching out and telling them I'd post a review on amazon. Anywhere from tempered glass screen protectors to $100 rechargeable cases for free. Potentially Good reviews mean the world to small companies like them.

the finesse i may try that for them charger cases tho no lie

I wake up everyday hoping my ship date has moved up. It’s gonna be a long two weeks

DE249D9C-AFDA-4D2E-9D77-9337DDA9E29B.gif

Tell me about. More like 2-3 weeks for me.

Yo be honest what those tempered glass screen protectors feel like?

Apple wild with the Apple Care repair prices this year. Got me thinking I might actually protect my ****.

Back
Top Bottom