Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
I left apple after the 5 came out. Came back again after my nexus 6p was crapping out. IOS is in a good place now after letting us be a bit more "free"

Don't knock android. It has amazing pros and annoying cons as iOS does. It's just what you prefer. I don't see one over the other and I had some amazing years with android

I was an android fan boy back when I only cared about bragging about the things my phone could do. Over clocking, different roms and such. But as time went on and realized that a lot of that extra stuff is fluff, and wasn’t practical for every day use, all I care about as far as my phone is concerned is the basics, and no one does the basics better than IOS.

Favorite phone ever is still the Note 3. I know a lot of “Apple guys” (which most people would categorize me as) have terrible things to say about droids but honestly there is no real WOW factor with iOS devices.

I’m an iPhone X owner now and this is still most likely my last iPhone for a while. I came off the 6+ and really expected to be amaz d after passing on several iterations of new iPhones. Apple is doing “what they can” but android is really pushing the envelope when it comes to innovation.

I actually think Android is in the same exact place. What's the wow factor with an Android phone?

Back when I used android, I liked how you could download files right in the browser, The ease of adding music to the phone via drag and drop, and the complete control of your home screen layout. I did not enjoy switching different roms every week to try and find the right combo that utilized latest firmware updates while also running smoothly. I may be in the minority, but I liked touchwiz and hated stock android :lol:.

Last phone I tried was the galaxy s7 edge. No lie I had that phone for 24hrs. Took that ish right back to the store after remembering how much I hated the os. Favorite phone was the HTC One (the first one) and the Note 2. Both phones were :pimp:.

I'm fan of technology, gadgets and thick booty women.

I had plenty of Android from flagship Galaxy Nexus, to HTC Evo and the one. I liked the geeky part from switching the to ROMs and the firmware. The experimentation on Android phones are limitless compared to Apple iOS.

I've come to a phase in my life that I chilled out with the experimentation and just want a hi-end phone that just works well enough but has the horsepower to do abnormal tasks.

I remember losing my HTC one. I bought that phone straight ca$h and had to downgrade to a old HTC sensation phone(hated it cause that phone was slow for time frame I was using it) I was able too get a Samsung Alpha but I lost that idk how. Then im like Damm copped me a cheap Android phone BLU. HATED IT. never buying a low end Android phone after using it even if I was free for me.

I found a iPhone 6 used it as my daily driver, and haven't looked back at Android for almost 9 months. I can't do all the things I had with Android. But Apple has improved with iOS 10-11 since the last time i used an iPhone.(iPhone 4)

iOS is getting better after every major update and improving along the way with bug fixes.

I would cop a Google Pixel XL 2, but I prefer the premium build quality on the iPhone X. The hi-end Samsung Galaxy phones are improving but they don't have the sex appeal value of the iPhone.

You pay for what you desire. At the end of the day it's your money. You can do what the hell you want with it. Just spend it wisely.

Favorite phone ever is still the Note 3. I know a lot of “Apple guys” (which most people would categorize me as) have terrible things to say about droids but honestly there is no real WOW factor with iOS devices.

I’m an iPhone X owner now and this is still most likely my last iPhone for a while. I came off the 6+ and really expected to be amaz d after passing on several iterations of new iPhones. Apple is doing “what they can” but android is really pushing the envelope when it comes to innovation.

What exactly do you want the iPhone to do?

What exactly do you want the iPhone to do?

This

i been saying what do you want these phones to do?

the future is apps basically. what you want is a enough power in the phone to run said apps, a camera improvement of course.

they took away the home button and we like that's not enough impress me more. what you want the phone to make you climax when u ask siri

i can understand if someone said they aren't impressed and then give off said things they are waiting for in a iphone that would be cool. im sure there are some more tech savvy folks that can go more in dept on why they aren't impressed other than saying they aren't and or they want an x plus, when they knew all along the phone wasn't the size of an plus series

The notification sytem on Vanilla Android still works better than iOS imo.

The future was apps. The future for current hi-end phones or devices is AI technology. We're seeing companies invovate In the arterficial intelligence sector. Google assistant, bixby, Amazon Alexa, and Apple A11 bionic chip. Then we have Augmented reality, this is a big area for future growth but consumers have to be onboard with this. It's useful but is it worth using?

This is why Android wins companies can push the envelope with inovatoion cause the core of Android Operating system allows this.

Apple has a different perspective but when they do invovate it's a seemless experience. Cause they control the core of ios

Hardware wise- high end Android manufacturers always have the best on paper specs, but those same phones suffer the inevitable android slow down regardless of the processor ram etc.

Until the OS and the hardware are optimized for each other, the legacy issues droids have will always remain.

Apple needs to allow for more user customization. I’m cool with them keeping the iOS closed, but we need more customization options.

The notification sytem on Vanilla Android still works better than iOS imo.

The future was apps. The future for current hi-end phones or devices is AI technology. We're seeing companies invovate In the arterficial intelligence sector. Google assistant, bixby, Amazon Alexa, and Apple A11 bionic chip. Then we have Augmented reality, this is a big area for future growth but consumers have to be onboard with this. It's useful but is it worth using?

This is why Android wins companies can push the envelope with inovatoion cause the core of Android Operating system allows this.

Apple has a different perspective but when they do invovate it's a seemless experience. Cause they control the core of ios

Innovation is great when you're talking about the appreciation of technology just for technology sake. a lot of stuff is cool in that regard but how does it all trickle down to make the regular everyday end user's experience easier without drastically changing up how you already do things. This is why i like IOS so much. Im not claiming to be the poster child for the every day user, but after all this time I still dont use siri,or alexa for that matter lol

After spending a weekend with my X i can honestly say its a sexy piece of hardware and im liking the size of the screen compared to the size of a plus its in a sweet spot. For them to do a Plus X i would think it would make a plus more awkward but time will tell. The phone feels like a plus screen in a regular iphone body but slimmer.

The screen is the wow factor for this phone. My wife someone who doesnt know about OLED and HDR etc thought the display looked great compared to the already great screen of a 7+ she is using.

Face ID is nice. Its nice to pick up the phone and have it instantly unlock. I also like how face ID enabled apps log me in upon launching them. I didnt have any issues with face ID other than not holding the phone accordingly to unlock the phone.

Performance wise iOS is smooth as you would think on this flagship device. But thats not saying much coming from an already smooth 7+.

Hardware/design wise i think we capped out. besides the notch i dont see much what we can ask for hardware from this phone other than those yearly spec/camera boost.

Front facing portrait is in beta like they said. Pictures i have taken with the front facing camera have all been cartoony looking or over photoshopped if that makes sense. Where i seen the front facing portrait camera shine has been in very well lit rooms as you would think. Rear camera potrait has gotten even better shots i have taken look great and even better when reviewing on the display.

with all that said i will admit its more of the same phone just sexier with some learning curves. The software is where the bread and pudding lies with what this $1k phone can do.

For now i will be sticking with the X for 2 years and i will try my best to not even consider next year's iphone.

I mean at the time I had the Note 3 and an iPhone 4s (I think the 5 or 5s may have just dropped). Even back then the Note had screen in screen, the ability to download straight from the web, and a better multi tasking system.

Coming from a 4s I was AMAZED. I also found the phone to be fairly dependable over my year or two of use.

Jumping forward I now have an X, I'm coming from a 6+ which I had since release day. Outside of Face ID which is okay but not earth shattering by any means. I just don't feel that impressed.

You guys certainly have a point I don't even know what I'm looking for a new "smart phone" to do but I can tell you that I expect to be amazed at least a bit anytime I spend 1K on something, but that could just be me.

I actually would've jumped ship to the Note 8 this year but my GF got me a Apple Watch (with apple care last Christmas) and I didn't want her to feel like she wasted her money if I just abandoned my iPhone.

Innovation is great when you're talking about the appreciation of technology just for technology sake. a lot of stuff is cool in that regard but how does it all trickle down to make the regular everyday end user's experience easier without drastically changing up how you already do things. This is why i like IOS so much. Im not claiming to be the poster child for the every day user, but after all this time I still dont use siri,or alexa for that matter lol

I use Siri rarely and Alexa almost everyday because I have a bunch of Dots around my crib. I get why dudes would be tight about me saying this in here but Apple hasn't really pushed the envelope for phones in a while. I get that Apple does much better than other brands do with implementation of their updates but I'd like to see them actually start the trend instead of follow it for a change.

Hardware/design wise i think we capped out. besides the notch i dont see much what we can ask for hardware from this phone other than those yearly spec/camera boost.

with all that said i will admit its more of the same phone just sexier with some learning curves. The software is where the bread and pudding lies with what this $1k phone can do.

For now i will be sticking with the X for 2 years and i will try my best to not even consider next year's iphone.

I will try my best to not upgrade. IMO this X is damn near the perfect size.

I would expect the front facing cameras to be improved via software updates. Can’t imagine them changing the actual hardware in 12 months.

Hardware wise- high end Android manufacturers always have the best on paper specs, but those same phones suffer the inevitable android slow down regardless of the processor ram etc.

Until the OS and the hardware are optimized for each other, the legacy issues droids have will always remain.

Apple needs to allow for more user customization. I’m cool with them keeping the iOS closed, but we need more customization options.

Yes the inevitable slow down. I know how that feels and what it does on user experience level. However I did read some where the Android team is improving the Java runtime or something so the slowdown isnt drastic for real world use. I'll try to find that article but, they working on it.

I work at amazon. People use Alexa. Even if you think it's not worth it for as a user. But people use it. I don't have data or nor do I even have permission to show you the evidence of much Alexa is being used. But the amount of orders that come into amazon fullment centers using the Alexa voice command is high.

I use siri, I have an apple watch series 2. Once I get my apartment I'm gonna oufit my place with some apple enable homekit devices. This would take my siri usage up from 30% to 80%. I can only imagine the possibilities of what I can do with home automation. Pretty cool stuff if you know how to use it and know what your doing.

Just like self driving cars aka Tesla thier is more to it than just pushing a button to have the car drive its self. What's happening in the background is the amazing part.

You may saf I just do basic things on my phone like browse the net, watch YouTube videos etc....but for all that work effectively and effecitlently someone or a team of people would to need to write the code for that to work on the user experience level. It's not easy as some people think it is, you have exahust all options and think deep about how to make an application work well.

Last edited:
Yes the inevitable slow down. I know how that feels and what it does on user experience level. However I did read some where the Android team is improving the Java runtime or something so the slowdown isnt drastic for real world use. I'll try to find that article but, they working on it.

I work at amazon. People use Alexa. Even if you think it's not worth it for as a user. But people use it. I don't have data or nor do I even have permission to show you the evidence of much Alexa is being used. But the amount of orders that come into amazon fullment centers using the Alexa voice command is high.

I use siri, I have an apple watch series 2. Once I get my apartment I'm gonna oufit my place with some apple enable homekit devices. This would take my siri usage up from 30% to 80%. I can only imagine the possibilities of what I can do with home automation. Pretty cool stuff if you know how to use it and what your doing.

Just like self driving cars aka Tesls, thier is more to it than just pushing a button to have the car drive its self.

Whats up with a job breh :nerd:

And for everyone talking this customization part what exactly do yall want?

Lol who really cares about changing icon designs and stuff?

The only pro about Android is the open file system so you can literally torrent from a phone but on the flipside the floodgates for viruses are wide open

I will try my best to not upgrade. IMO this X is damn near the perfect size.

I would expect the front facing cameras to be improved via software updates. Can’t imagine them changing the actual hardware in 12 months.

yea this every year iphone is starting to show. Hardware is outpacing the software development it feels like.

Yea i dont see them changing out the front camera after who knows what they went thru to get it on the X but we may see spec improvement like always..

I use siri, I have an apple watch series 2. Once I get my apartment I'm gonna oufit my place with some apple enable homekit devices. This would take my siri usage up from 30% to 80%. I can only imagine the possibilities of what I can do with home automation. Pretty cool stuff if you know how to use it and what your doing.

Just like self driving cars aka Tesls, thier is more to it than just pushing a button to have the car drive its self.

im already going down the home automation route. I have locks, lights, thermostat, etc and i still dont use siri for nothing still rather go into a home app and adjust the setting.

I need to start using siri more often but to me its more cumbersome than to open the app and get it right the first time instead of repeating myself sometimes with siri.

I am still debating on the homepod but wifey must approve because a $350 wifi siri speaker is basically what it is.

The only pro about Android is the open file system so you can literally torrent from a phone but on the flipside the floodgates for viruses are wide open

man all you need is a damn wallpaper :lol:.

yea this every year iphone is starting to show. Hardware is outpacing the software development it feels like.

Yea i dont see them changing out the front camera after who knows what they went thru to get it on the X but we may see spec improvement like always..

im already going down the home automation route. I have locks, lights, thermostat, etc and i still dont use siri for nothing still rather go into a home app and adjust the setting.

I need to start using siri more often but to me its more cumbersome than to open the app and get it right the first time instead of repeating myself sometimes with siri.

I am still debating on the homepod but wifey must approve because a $350 wifi siri speaker is basically what it is.

man all you need is a damn wallpaper :lol:.

Yeah i use the ecoobee joint with alexa built in. I have it set up with homekit but i really just use alexa instead since its already built in and my weemo lights and logitech harmoneh hubs are synced with alexa. I may just get a few more echo since they are cheaper and call it a day.

This is why I like big booty women I don't have a wife yet.

Im debating with myself if the homepod or the Google Home max which I tried at the Google store is worth it but that thing cost $400.

AA024BAA-22E6-4136-B137-4C68D56F5A79.jpeg

I know the homepod isn't out yet, but I'll wait to see if it's worth the $350 price tag.

I'm a big muisc fan, not a audiophile but if the homepod sounds just as good as the Google home max I'll think about it.

luckyluchiano luckyluchiano they always hiring. Just some advice don't waste your time with a recruiter. I can't help you but it wasn't that hard to get the job. I started at the bottom level 1, moved around a bit now and gained permissions to do things at my level. Only be here 3 months hopping to move up another level next year.

Last edited:

:lol: I used to be heavy into customization back in 07-09.

I just want to be able to place my icons wherever I want on my homescreen. That’s really all I need.

This is why I like big booty women I don't have a wife yet.

Im debating with myself if the homepod or the Google Home max which I tried at the Google store is worth it but that thing cost $400.

AA024BAA-22E6-4136-B137-4C68D56F5A79.jpeg

I know the homepod isn't out yet, but I'll wait to see if it's worth the $350 price tag.

I'm a big muisc fan, not a audiophile but if the homepod sounds just as good as the Google home max I'll think about it.

What does the Google Home max do?

Ya'll making feel like i live in the stone age :lol:

i'm still turning stuff off the old fashioned way

Got smart lighting everywhere. Siri + Hue app clutch af.

:lol: I used to be heavy into customization back in 07-09.

I just want to be able to place my icons wherever I want on my homescreen. That’s really all I need.

This man. Completely this + 5 apps on the dock + making the dock invisible or able to be hidden like a start bar on PC.

Back
Top Bottom