Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 4.11.45 PM.png

Scam central

Yeah, I’ll just rock with my 13PM then :smh:.

In general the keynote was weak and could've easily been 30-45 minutes.

- If your phone is finito and you haven't upgraded in YEARS (like me going from a 6 to 12 Pro), if you can afford it do the 15 series. If you're on a budget a 13, 14 series is fine.

- If you're on an 11-14 Pro series and battery is fine and storage good I don't think it's necessary to upgrade unless USB-C, lighter phone, periscope lens (Pro Max) are VERY important for you.

- If you're on an 11, 12 or older base model and want to upgrade to a new base model, do the 15. The 13 and 14 are the same exact phone, Apple actually made some nice additions to the 15 this year.

To me the base 15, 15 Plus models were the winners this year. They got a lot of nice additionals this year.

I missed it but someone said to me that they announced the updated Air Pod Pros with USB-C charging case? If so I'm wondering if the ones with lightning will go down in price. :nerd:

In general the keynote was weak and could've easily been 30-45 minutes.

- If your phone is finito and you haven't upgraded in YEARS (like me going from a 6 to 12 Pro), if you can afford it do the 15 series. If you're on a budget a 13, 14 series is fine.

- If you're on an 11-14 Pro series and battery is fine and storage good I don't think it's necessary to upgrade unless USB-C, lighter phone, periscope lens (Pro Max) are VERY important for you.

- If you're on an 11, 12 or older base model and want to upgrade to a new base model, do the 15. The 13 and 14 are the same exact phone, Apple actually made some nice additions to the 15 this year.

To me the base 15, 15 Plus models were the winners this year. They got a lot of nice additionals this year.

I missed it but someone said to me that they announced the updated Air Pod Pros with USB-C charging case? If so I'm wondering if the ones with lightning will go down in price. :nerd:
They didn't officially announce it, but they did show the USB-C case that could be charged by connecting to a new iPhone. So maybe they will be put on sale?

I stopped buying iphones from T-Mobile or any cell provider 3 iphones ago. They are all trash with bill credits :lol:

Locked into a contract. Can't get your iphone fully unlocked until you have paid off 50% off the device fee balance :lol:

I also don't have time to deal with scammers or low ballers on places like offerup or fb marketplace

I stopped buying iphones from T-Mobile or any cell provider 3 iphones ago. They are all trash with bill credits :lol:

Locked into a contract. Can't get your iphone fully unlocked until you have paid off 50% off the device fee balance :lol:

I also don't have time to deal with scammers or low ballers on places like offerup or fb marketplace

That's wild. It's been illegal in Canada for about 5 years to sell locked phones. Even on contract all new phones since then are unlocked. If you move to a different company, no problem you'll just get billed for the remaining owing on the device. Folks will get a phone on a 2-year contract and send overseas to family to use.

Yeah, like superblytrife superblytrife said that's the convenience the apple trade-in option offers. In most cases the value is going to be low but you avoid the BS selling on marketplaces.

That's wild. It's been illegal in Canada for about 5 years to sell locked phones. Even on contract all new phones since then are unlocked. If you move to a different company, no problem you'll just get billed for the remaining owing on the device. Folks will get a phone on a 2-year contract and send overseas to family to use.

Yeah, like superblytrife superblytrife said that's the convenience the apple trade-in option offers. In most cases the value is going to be low but you avoid the BS selling on marketplaces.

Yep, that’s my whole reason for going w/ Apple. I’ve sold on eBay, Swappa, etc. and my time has become more valuable than that. 🤣 Waaaay too many low ballers and tire kickers for me. Not to mention scammers. In short, it’s not worth the headache for a couple hundred dollars imo.

Buy full price and then go in-store to trade the old phone. I don’t think people realize you can go into an Apple Store and they’ll refund the card you used to buy the new phone/watch/Mac at full price for the trade-in amount of your old device.

Yep, that’s my whole reason for going w/ Apple. I’ve sold on eBay, Swappa, etc. and my time has become more valuable than that. 🤣 Waaaay too many low ballers and tire kickers for me. Not to mention scammers. In short, it’s not worth the headache for a couple hundred dollars imo.

Buy full price and then go in-store to trade the old phone. I don’t think people realize you can go into an Apple Store and they’ll refund the card you used to buy the new phone/watch/Mac at full price for the trade-in amount of your old device.
also depending where u live, selling in person is an easy lick

My 12PM is paid off and in great condition but the camera has a problem where it can’t zoom in or it gets super blurry and I can hear it clicking trying to zoom/focus or whatever

Was thinking it’s probably better to sell it on swappa or somewhere to get the best price but I think I’ll just trade it in with AT&T like usual and try to get one over on them with the malfunctioning camera, instead of dumping it on an actual person buying it

Natural titanium looks good. Blue looks similar to, if it’s not the same color as the new MacBooks. Second runner up.

Trading in my 12 pro only gets $360…. Ouch.
May just keep it. Have several over the years and it’s a trip seeing how bigger they’ve gotten over the models.

Natural titanium looks good. Blue looks similar to, if it’s not the same color as the new MacBooks. Second runner up.

Trading in my 12 pro only gets $360…. Ouch.
May just keep it. Have several over the years and it’s a trip seeing how bigger they’ve gotten over the models.

Sounds about right. I'm getting quoted $465 CAD which is pretty much the same.

Probably going to wait out with my 14PM.. especially since they just replaced all my internal, including the battery.

That's exactly why. The mandate doesn't start until 2025. Apple could've waited to do it for the 16 but did it a phone cycle early.

If Apple really cared they wouldn't be releasing new phones, watches etc every year. They don't care.

And the phones are at a point they should drop every other year.

I still want the Ultra. But the 1 is enough for everyone. The additions to the Ultra 2 are minimal. You're literally wasting money.

Exactly what I'm waiting for.

Sounds about right. I actually expected more random celebrites to pop-up throughout the keynote.

Most content creators (********, Fansly) use their phones as the main camera. :lol:

That's been reported and confirmed for a few months now.

Terrible. I love the purple from the 14 Pro series so much. If they had brought that back again the 15 would be a no question purchase.

Pretty much.

They've been doing this for a few years now. If you want the previous model you have to do it in-store and even then that's a toss up if it'll be available. Last year, at least here, it was tough to find the 13 Pro series in an Apple store after the 14 announcement.

Pretty much.

Yup. Or sell your current phone via other platforms, and use that money towards your new phone. As long as it's not damaged you'll get a better return value vs. the Apple trade-in price.

Damn, my 12 Pro. :smh:

I've never done contracts, never will. Rather just buy full price OR if I had to I'd do the Apple finance program.

Nothing wrong with monthly payments. The average person trying to get premium phones should probably do that and use the rest of the money towards other priorities.

I'll wait to see how things go into the new year. If they had brought the purple back I would've got. My 12 Pro battery health is at 81% :smh: and it's almost at full capacity storage (256GB). Aside from that I have no real issues with the phone. I do a lot of file transfers from phone to phone, phone to Mac, and phone to my iExpand Flash Drive so USB-C would be refreshing to have.

I'll wait to see the phone in person and feel it. I have to buy my new Macbook at the end of the month so I'll check out the phones then.
Yeah, I have the iPhone 12 Pro Max too. It’s still working front, but I refuse to do that bill credits in the future. I’m just going to buy it upfront and not worry about it again.

damn im glad I didnt waste time watching this keynote this year rumors were pretty spot on.

guess im sticking with my 12PM for one more year

All the colors are boring af for the Pro Max but I know myself, I’m still gonna order on Friday… I really want the lighter weight, slimmer form factor and usb c charge to share one cable & charger with my iPad Pro… Maybe next year gold will be back with a gold-ish ultra to match… Bah humbug.

I stopped by to compare my gold to the ultra 1 titanium, it’s just meh for my tastes. A flat rock gray $1700 phone… what a time to be alive, I can’t wait. :stoneface:

IMG_5773.jpeg

Maybe they’ll bring out a later color in like Janruary?

When the 13 came out the green one didn’t come out until a few months later. Right now I have the purple 14.

Back
Top Bottom