Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Overall honestly this so far is better than expected. It’s clearly lighter in the hands which should translate to better gimbel performance. Speeds are blazing fast. Internet speed is insane. Response to changes in apps etc is quick. Downloading and uploading is quick. Battery life is amazing, i’m not even charging my phone overnight so far. It did get hot again when I used it as a hotspot.

Hmmmm.. way better than expected so far.

Been working from home a lot more recent so I decided to get an iPad desktop setup going. I’ve been computer less about 4 years leaning heavily on the iPad Pro. Every time I think I’m gonna have to pickup a laptop or pc because the iPad can’t do something, iPad os updates with even more features. As it stands now I don’t think I’ll ever need a computer outside of the one my work gives me.

My set up right now might have been just as expensive or more than a MacBook but that didn’t happen all at once and I got to baby step my way there upgrading only when I needed to or just felt like spending money lol
IMG_6902.jpeg

this is a very interesting set up. as someone who hasn't had a PC in more than a decade this piques my interest. i have a PC at work that i use but thats about it.

this is a very interesting set up. as someone who hasn't had a PC in more than a decade this piques my interest. i have a PC at work that i use but thats about it.

The iPad Pro with the M1/M2 is pretty damn capable and it’s the same chipset as the MacBooks. With iPadOS there isn’t much it can’t do. I use the Magic Keyboard and Apple Pencil when I’m on the go or need something portable. When I’m home I dock it and connect to my 4K monitor., 1TB hard drive, magic keyboard, magic track pad, and magic mouse. and speakers. You can definitely do a much more price friendly option of this setup too. You don't need any of the apple brand accessories that are at minimum $100 or more a piece, you dont need a 4k monitor unless youre doing video/photo editing. i get office365 through work so I have all the microsoft office stuff. same the for the adobe suite. Its actually alot easier to edit PDFs and fill out forms on the ipad imo.

This video breaks it down really well

ngl those m1 ipads are fye af,
but personally i can't use it as a desktop. i need my 5k monitor and be able to have inputs and flexibility to do more
i been thinkin about an m1 for bedtime use when i dont wanna be on the desk

Okay I recently canceled $2.99 mo charge from APPLE for 200GB of storage.
I never back up to the cloud or have more than 5GB needed. Right now it does show my 5GB as full but it’s because I have 67.4 GB of texts and 6.6GB of ohtos.
My phone is. 500gB and only 76GB is being used.
If I delete the texts and ohtos from the cloud will it delete them off of my PHONE as well?
Worse case I pay $2..99 and stay safe but if I don’t want to actually save 5GB plus worth of **** to the cloud to keep that full, if I hit this delete button in this pic, is my phone texts going to get cleared as well?
IMG_6470.png

Last edited:
Overall honestly this so far is better than expected. It’s clearly lighter in the hands which should translate to better gimbel performance. Speeds are blazing fast. Internet speed is insane. Response to changes in apps etc is quick. Downloading and uploading is quick. Battery life is amazing, i’m not even charging my phone overnight so far. It did get hot again when I used it as a hotspot.

Hmmmm.. way better than expected so far.

damn I didn't know tim cook used NT :smokin

ngl those m1 ipads are fye af,
but personally i can't use it as a desktop. i need my 5k monitor and be able to have inputs and flexibility to do more
i been thinkin about an m1 for bedtime use when i dont wanna be on the desk
What would stop you from using a 5k display? It’s hdmi, usb-c, and thunderbolt compatible. Works flawlessly with apples 5k studio display if you’re looking to go that far. And because it’s usbc/thunderbolt compatible, any usb hub will work. I’m using a 16 port one.

IMG_6988.jpeg

IMG_6989.jpeg

If you’re going portable you are limited to the one usb-c port but the Magic Keyboard adds charge port that frees up the iPads usb-c for a dongle or mini hub to expand your options
IMG_6990.jpeg

If you’re already got a laptop/pc setting your iPad Pro for all this is redundant. But if you don’t it’s definitely an option that can do most things. I think the only issue I ran into in the past 4 years is that i couldn’t do any 3D printing work from it.

What would stop you from using a 5k display? It’s hdmi, usb-c, and thunderbolt compatible. Works flawlessly with apples 5k studio display if you’re looking to go that far. And because it’s usbc/thunderbolt compatible, any usb hub will work. I’m using a 16 port one.

IMG_6988.jpeg

IMG_6989.jpeg

If you’re going portable you are limited to the one usb-c port but the Magic Keyboard adds charge port that frees up the iPads usb-c for a dongle or mini hub to expand your options
IMG_6990.jpeg

If you’re already got a laptop/pc setting your iPad Pro for all this is redundant. But if you don’t it’s definitely an option that can do most things. I think the only issue I ran into in the past 4 years is that i couldn’t do any 3D printing work from it.
Yea i get that, i connect to multiple displays from my laptop (the apple studios)
im glad it works for u, but that 16 inch laptop screen ont he go can't be beat with a tablet

Yea i get that, i connect to multiple displays from my laptop (the apple studios)
im glad it works for u, but that 16 inch laptop screen ont he go can't be beat with a tablet

Oh for sure, can’t disagree with that! There are rumors of a larger iPad Pro coming out so that’s exciting so we’ll see. But the multi screen display is for sure something I’d like to see in the future too.

My 15 ProMax has arrived I'm liking it so far. Got a little warm during the data transfer, but so far so good.

It doesn't feel like a max phone. Which is cool.

But I need to figure out how to carry this during my runs. Gonna check out a flip belt tomorrow.

IMG_6988.jpeg

IMG_6989.jpeg

IMG_6990.jpeg

Link for that Anker port and usb port thing?

It’s weird that Apple implements two ways to “back gesture.” Sometimes it’s swiping down and sometimes it’s swiping from the left edge to right. Samsung is left to right across the board. Just something that I have to get used to.

My 15 ProMax has arrived I'm liking it so far. Got a little warm during the data transfer, but so far so good.

It doesn't feel like a max phone. Which is cool.

But I need to figure out how to carry this during my runs. Gonna check out a flip belt tomorrow.

I keep saying this. It definitely doesn't. I'm gonna ride this joint out for the next few years though.

For those who use cases, which one(s) y’all use?
I’ve been a fan of the OtterBox cases. Not the bulky box case but more like sturdier silicon case styles. Solid build and grippy.
I do change cases for fun, try out whatever.

Back
Top Bottom