Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.2%
  • Case

Votes: 280 61.7%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Anyone else passing on the 16 this year?

Yes, still on my 14PM. Literally no need to upgrade, I still don't care about USB C :lol:

I could pass but my 14Pro battery is sh.. it’s at 85% and I’m tired this thing only making 3/4 of day with moderate use.

I’m actually considering going to 16Plus and of course the consensus is can’t go back from 120hz but turned off refresh rate thing 2 weeks ago and it’s not even bad like that.

We’ll see. I will upgrade just because of the battery and take advantage or Verizon’s usual trade in of like $800

The battery thing idk man we have so many ways and opportunities to charge somewhere nowadays that “my phone cant even last me 10 hours” is almost crazy talk to me. Yall dont have access to a charger? Maybe if you work construction or you doing some long *** hike or something. On a regular type day though I dont see how you cant regularly just charge it. Phones charge stupid fast nowadays too.

mine 100%. I knew from day one to put it on low power mode whenever I can and charging optimization is optimized.
IMG_3933.png

after about 1,000 cycles it would retain 80% of the capacity. Battery is still good before the 16 releases.

I’d like to use the Apple Intelligence stuff, so I’ll upgrade from my 14 Pro when it’s out and stable. I read that it won’t be ready by the launch of the 16

it’ll be part of the 18.1 update.
it’s already being beta tested

The battery thing idk man we have so many ways and opportunities to charge somewhere nowadays that “my phone cant even last me 10 hours” is almost crazy talk to me. Yall dont have access to a charger? Maybe if you work construction or you doing some long *** hike or something. On a regular type day though I dont see how you cant regularly just charge it. Phones charge stupid fast nowadays too.

Depends on the situation. But at the same time so basically we’re supposed to go find a charging area constantly throughout our day? When they tout the battery is supposed to last x amount of hours.

Isn’t constantly charging like that a contributing factor to battery degradation?

Battery replacement at Apple isn’t that expensive, I just use it until it gets bad and replace it

No apple stores in my state

I'm replacing my battery soon. The only thing that I constantly see people running to online, is that some Apple stores won't replace ya battery if the health isn't below 80%, even though you're choosing to pay for it. That's ridiculous to me.

That’s what I have read quite often which is wild considering you offer to pay for it.

Apple Care most likely will run out before I get below the 80% so I’m gonna have to pay regardless why not just let me pay for it now at 85. I could see if someone wanted to come in at 90 but it’s still their money take the money Apple.

No apple stores in my state
See what authorized service providers are near you on Apple’s service site. I had my battery replaced at a Best Buy. You make an appointment, took less than an hour. Was maybe $80 if I remember correctly but that was for my X a couple years ago.

I believe that 80% battery health requirement is for coverage under Apple Care. You should be able to pay out of pocket if you want it replaced before that. Maybe Apple stores still won’t do it to manage workload but just go to an authorized partner.

Back
Top Bottom