Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
Does Jail breaking your phone void any warranty?

probably but you can always restore the phone and they'll never know it was jailbroken :smokin

pro's of jailbreaking :nerd: :nerd:

a lot of people jailbreak for full customization of the OS (layouts, different lockscreens, unlimited folders, different fonts) but I use the jailbreak for tweaks that might not seem a big deal but you'll find that you can't live withoutt.

3G unrestrictor - makes the app think that you're always on wifi (good for youtube, safari etc)
adblocker - NT is clean without ads
appcake - paid apps from appstore are free for download (updates work as well)
bitesms
cccontrols - adds a lot more things in the control center
f.lux
flex 2
icleaner - cleans up the iphone and gives you back tons of space
itunes radio ulimited
moviebox
pandora downloader - lets you download songs off pandora (also makes pandora unlimited skip)
pdanet - paid app but it lets you tether and hides the tethering from youre provider
savegram - saves pics off the gram
swipeselectionpro - swipe along the keyboard to move the curser

many more man

theres are def more pros than cons, however you need to be careful what you download from cydia as some are not stable. getting tweaks from reputable sources are the way to go :smokin :smokin

ios 8 jailbroken is huge if true. Iphone 6 owners will probably be able to get the same keyboard in landscape as the plus owners soon plus many more

ah i also forgot, on my ipad i just recently got OS Experience, it allows true multitasking on the ipad. lets you resize the apps too. Were not as fortunate as some android owners that has multitasking so this will do for now :smokin :tongue:

ah i also forgot, on my ipad i just recently got OS Experience, it allows true multitasking on the ipad. lets you resize the apps too. Were not as fortunate as some android owners that has multitasking so this will do for now :smokin :tongue:

im not a 100% apple guy so i have a galaxy note 2 10.1 & can already do this :tongue: ... i never really liked ipads & after using samsungs tab's they blow pads out the water imo

but im reading thru your list above now.....

Last edited:
jail breaking does not void your warranty. Your warranty covers hardware not software, jailbreaking isnt permanent. Apple geniuses wont service it but all you have to do is remove the jailbreak by doing a restore.

probably but you can always restore the phone and they'll never know it was jailbroken :smokin

a lot of people jailbreak for full customization of the OS (layouts, different lockscreens, unlimited folders, different fonts) but I use the jailbreak for tweaks that might not seem a big deal but you'll find that you can't live withoutt.

3G unrestrictor - makes the app think that you're always on wifi (good for youtube, safari etc)
bitesms
f.lux
flex 2
itunes radio ulimited
moviebox
pandora downloader - lets you download songs off pandora (also makes pandora unlimited skip)
pdanet - paid app but it lets you tether and hides the tethering from youre provider

many more man

theres are def more pros than cons, however you need to be careful what you download from cydia as some are not stable. getting tweaks from reputable sources are the way to go :smokin :smokin

ios 8 jailbroken is huge if true. Iphone 6 owners will probably be able to get the same keyboard in landscape as the plus owners soon plus many more

cons? :nerd:

bitesms
f.lux
flex 2
itunes radio ulimited
moviebox

many more man

cons? :nerd:

cons i would say is decreased battery life if the tweak/app is not stable.

there are a lot more useful tweaks than the one i posted, those are just the ones I have on my iphone 5 and its been running good since I copped it when it first came out. My battery suffered a bit but i was able to isolate which tweak it was and just removed it and icleaner

Last edited:
pros - you can run unsigned apps that wouldnt make it to apples app store. You have a good amont of access to the phones file structure. You have close to root access, the kernal for IOS wont allow you to do anything too crazy like installing linux on it.. At this point its only time till someone ports a virtualization app to run other OS's but we will see. Cons - the applications since they arent professional apps can be buggy since the same amount of effort to developing isnt the same. Also there is a little documentation for developers to do things apple doesnt want them to do so a lot of times this will lead to unpolished applications.

Jailbreaking is probably the best thing you can do in terms of improving user experience. I would make sure you do your research first. Wait for a stable jailbreak to come out. Only download apps that are reputable as well. Too many dudes downloading whatever they see

Jailbreaking is probably the best thing you can do in terms of improving user experience. I would make sure you do your research first. Wait for a stable jailbreak to come out. Only download apps that are reputable as well. Too many dudes downloading whatever they see

and thats why jailbreaking gets a bad look at times. ppl just download whatever :lol:

There is none.. Jail breaking basically adds what apple missed out on making it the best phone in the market.. Personally I don't see why people don't jailbreak.
Any apps for the win
In app purchased for free for the win
Customize to a droid for the win (just to rub it in their faces)
Icleaner is so helpful if you have a 16gb it cleans and deleted stuff you don't need = for the win
Shall I proceed lol

Last edited:
Tbh, aside from free apps, there's sort of no real reason to JB anymore. Apple has integrated most of the best JB's into ios8

From Notification Center, quick reply, quick toggles in the swipe up menu, widgets, Safari tab cards, etc

The only thing I wish they had was a springboard refresh toggle

Tbh, aside from free apps, there's sort of no real reason to JB anymore. Apple has integrated most of the best JB's into ios8

From Notification Center, quick reply, quick toggles in the swipe up menu, widgets, Safari tab cards, etc

i disagree. quick reply doesn't beat bitesms. you should try the tweaks i posted above. theres always a reason to jailbreak bruh

Pretty much how I felt when I did it on my 5. Other than the quick reply, Apple intregated the tweaks I used when I jailbreaked. Themes are cool but can slow down the phone.

I can think of one big reason not to jailbreak, especially if you use your iPhone on a work network/servers. HIPAA compliance. We just had to go through this big training about keeping files/data secured and while the chances are pretty slight, I'm sure I'd get bounced out of a job if the IT guy needed to see my phone and they noticed I was running unsecured code programs on the same device I was sending privileged emails on.

free apps alone makes the jailbreak worth it already

Back
Top Bottom