Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
It'll be my first time getting a new phone on release day and I have a few questions -- Would appreciate it if anyone could answer them:

- Which retail stores will be selling them on RD?
- From your experience, what time do people line up in the morning? And how quickly do they sell out?
- Is there a specific model that'll sell out quicker (16gb, 32gb, 64gb, and etc)?

Located in San Francisco and I'll most likely be at Stonestown Galleria at 8am :nerd:..

I would say treat the 5S release like your typical sneaker release and you'll be good lol.

Also Im hearing that the messaging style on IOS 7 is hideous.

I hate APPLE, must of got a bad update, iMessage won't activate and everytime I click on a push notification app, get the popup "Connect to itunes to use push notications" ........Will have to backup my phone, restore as new, get update, and resync my photos, apps, etc, total pain in the butt!!! (I don't wanna lose my contact, gonna make sure they resync corretly)

updated in and it wiped my whole phone :smh:
tried to do a restore from a pervious backup and it didnt work. not the most recent backup is of the wiped phone :x
any way to restore to a backup of say 2-3 days ago?

Anyone got a bot for Apple.com at midnight pacific?

laugh.gif

Just got update. It's cool but nothing spectacular. I feel sorry for anyone who got bricked.

I'll prob go to target and pick mine up. No line ever. My target store will even let you reserve a 5s

Last edited:
HOW TO MAKE MONEY BUYING YOUR PERSONAL IPHONE: if you're not doing this already, you need to be. This won't help you now, but it will next year.

When you buy a 32 or 64G phone, as long as you upgrade every year, it pays for itself and you actually make extra money.

Say you have a 32G iPhone 5 and you wanna buy a 5S. If you have an upgrade through your provider you can get the new 32g for $300. If you have the 5! All you need to do is sell it on eBay for $450 sometimes more depending on it's condition, you buy they 5S and pocket the $150 and get a new phone for nothing.

I you don't wanna use ebay, you can use GAZELLE.com. They give you 35 days after you set up an account and "lock in" your price they will pay you for your phone. YOU MUST LOCK IN YOUR PRICE THE DAY BEFORE THE NEW IPHONE IS ANNOUNCED - NOT RELEASED - ANNOUNCED - to assure you get the maximum amount of money. After they announce the new phone, the price for your 5 drops about $50, and after the 5S releases it will drop another $150. So you lock in your phone on Monday and they will pay you for Broken, Fair or Flawless condition. My phone was flawless and I locked my 32G in for $400. I'll buy the 5S on Friday, mail my phone to Gazelle and they will put $400 in my PayPal after they get the phone and make sure it's in the condition I quoted it to be in. So basically, I get a free phone every year and walk away with $100-$150 just for using an iPhone. I plan on upgrading to the 64G this year so I can walk away with $250-$300 every year instead. IF YOU DON'T mail your phone back within the allotted 30 days, then you lose your locked in price and you'll get less than half what the original quote was.

It's actually pretty common sense and I'm sure a lot of you do this already. But gazelle is very trustworthy and efficient, and it's done me right thought 6 iPhones.
The simplier alternative would just be to sell your iphone a couple weeks before the new iphone is announced.

You'd get more money and you'd get the money faster.

One of the reasons I'm considering getting the 5S is to get iMovie for free.

But my question is, it's only gonna be on the phone correct? I'll still have to buy it for my MacBook correct? If that's the case, I don't know how convenient it'll be using my phone for iMovie.

Debating on getting the 5c or the 5s. I currently have the iPhone 4, and I'm so fed up with it. I think I can cash my 4 in at radio shack for $100 bucks, but I really want a 32 GB model phone. So I'm tempted to get the 5c, it's basically the exact same phone as the 5. It's a tad bit heavier, due to the plastic build out. Also, the front-facing camera is a bit better quality, and obviously the colors. Also has a slightly better battery. The 32 GB option is $199 w/ 2 year contract, which hopefully I'll be able to knock off $100 bucks.

5s.. I'm not super wowed by the finger print scanner. I'm very impressed with iOS7, so far. The flash/ shutter speed & slow-mo aren't really too much more of a selling point, either. The A7 & M7 chip is really the only reason I am still in debate. The 32GB model is rolling out at $299 w/ contract, may be able to knock -$100 bucks off w/ trade-in. Also, thinking of going with T-Mobile.

Hmm.. decisions decisions.

Thoughts?

Debating on getting the 5c or the 5s. I currently have the iPhone 4, and I'm so fed up with it. I think I can cash my 4 in at radio shack for $100 bucks, but I really want a 32 GB model phone. So I'm tempted to get the 5c, it's basically the exact same phone as the 5. It's a tad bit heavier, due to the plastic build out. Also, the front-facing camera is a bit better quality, and obviously the colors. Also has a slightly better battery. The 32 GB option is $199 w/ 2 year contract, which hopefully I'll be able to knock off $100 bucks.

5s.. I'm not super wowed by the finger print scanner. I'm very impressed with iOS7, so far. The flash/ shutter speed & slow-mo aren't really too much more of a selling point, either. The A7 & M7 chip is really the only reason I am still in debate. The 32GB model is rolling out at $299 w/ contract, may be able to knock -$100 bucks off w/ trade-in. Also, thinking of going with T-Mobile.

Hmm.. decisions decisions.

Thoughts?

Get the 5s. The 5c is wack IMO. Since you gonna spend money minus whale go all out. And you're getting rid of your 4 so that could help out too

I hope the 5s has a longer lasting battery. I'm surprised the iphone wasn't  water proof since now theres phone out there that are water proof.

My store received half of our 5s and 5c shipment today. Cant wait for Friday to make some good money.
(I work for T-Mo)

If you don't mind telling, I'm going to pick up a white 5s 32GB sometime after 6pm tomorrow from one of the T-Mobiles in the DMV; with the stock you recieved, what are my chances?

My store received half of our 5s and 5c shipment today. Cant wait for Friday to make some good money.
(I work for T-Mo)

If you don't mind telling, I'm going to pick up a white 5s 32GB sometime after 6pm tomorrow from one of the T-Mobiles in the DMV; with the stock you recieved, what are my chances?
I don't think T Mobile sells 32 or 64 GB in stores. Btw I thought at T Mobile you just have to put down $149 to set up a payment plan for the 32 GB. So if you trade in your iPhone 4 you'll only have to put $100 AT MAX.

did the upgrade to iOS7 wipe out the local data on your phone / did you need to do a restore after the upgrade was complete?

lol this battery is draining like crazy and im barely using it...

cant wait to see how it goes tomorrow. this is gonna suck
Turn on "reduce motion" it turns off that 3D effect! Also, turn off "background app refresh" turn off the ones you don't need.

did the upgrade to iOS7 wipe out the local data on your phone / did you need to do a restore after the upgrade was complete?
For me it did bc if failed around 90%. 

Did a restore/update option on my iTunes and it came back life with the iOS 7. 

Then it took about two hrs for my phone to get through the servers to reactivate my phone on VZN. 

Once that was done, I just restored it from the last backup, which was about 3-4 hrs ago.

Back
Top Bottom