Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
I buy my phones off contract and will continue to until I'm no longer offered this unlimited plan on Verizon. As for the 6s, miss me with that. I'll be holding onto my 5 for another year and stashing away the phone money until the 7.

I buy my phones off contract and will continue to until I'm no longer offered this unlimited plan on Verizon. As for the 6s, miss me with that. I'll be holding onto my 5 for another year and stashing away the phone money until the 7.
just hold off until the iphone 9 drops heard its going to be cwazy 

You guys are like crack addicts for these new iPhones, man.

Scrambling to get the funds for a new phone :lol:

If you want the new phone every year, get the early upgrade plans through these carriers.

The issue is carriers are removing the 2-yr contract subsidized phone plans. That was the incentive, you get an $800 phone for $300 as long as you stay with the carrier for two years on a new contract.

Now you either pay $800 upfront or pay $800 over 2 years if you can't do all at once.
In that case I'll just buy the phone outright unless they provided some incentive to do the payment. I'd rather have the option to sell my phone at any point for 50-80% return and apply it to a new phone. Others rather wait a complete year, give the phone back and start all over paying $800 for the next phone.

Example. I didn't buy the 6 on release day. Got it in June.

• If I paid for it outright at $800, I can get $500 for it now and apply it to the new 6s at $800 when it drops. I'm only spending $500 on a new phone, that I own ($1100 total over the span of those 2 phones).
  • Someone who is on those plans has to wait until next June to even do that, meaning they pay $400 for the year, then start paying for the new phone. If they want to own the new phone, that's an additional two years and $800. They've then spent $1200 to own the new phone and had to wait even longer.

Last edited:
Verizon heads. I've been grandfathered into my unlimited data. Haven't signed a contract in over 4 years. I usually just pay full price for my phones. I guess my question is, if I lease the phone through Apple, will it affect my unlimited data plan with Verizon? Verizon has been trying to get me off of unlimited for w while now.

[thread="564981"]Apple Iphone Thread Iphone 6 And Iphone 6 First Pg Under Construction Post Any Good Apps/17880#post_24118952​[/thread]

You don't have to upgrade either. If you're cool with your 6S/+ when the 7 come out, you can still hang onto it.
I hear you, but i'll end up paying the full price for it instead of the upgrade price with my carrier.. 
this man brings up a good point.

Option A
So a 64 gig iphone 6s on the apple payment plan is (with good credit mind you starting at) $36.58. in 12 months that equates to $438.96 in a year.

Option B
If you just do a 2 year plan the 64 gig iphone 6S is $300.

Now what am i missing? Yes you get apple care with option A. Which is what $129 or so for a year? So that makes it $429 vs $439.

With the ATT next plan they just amortized the price of the phone at 0% for 2 years allowing you to keep it after 2 years or turn it in after 1 and get a new phone. ATT profited because they got your phone back and your money for 12 months. You profited because you paid for half a phone and get a new one. Apple forcing apple care on the price kinda seems like a no go for me

Im gonna stick with paying the $300 and in 2 years selling my phone for around the same price and just repeat
you didn't profit, it's all the the same. You just paid it upfront and others pay it in 24 months lol the only way you profit is if you don't get another iPhone after you sold the first one
Hypothetically speaking if you keep just getting the newest phone every single year you are making money. You are paying for half of a phone for a year. Just repeat until you die
laugh.gif
that way you never have paid for a full phone and get the full use of the phone.

But does ATT max share really charge you an extra $25 a month? for what? The ability to upgrade when you want to? That sounds shady i thought companies stopped that
The mobile share plan doesn't allow for 2 year contracts so of you get an iPhone through apple or At&t at a discounted 2 year agreement rate they will charge you $25 extra a month for that line. 

Leasing a phone is the same **** as financing it.
If you decide you want to KEEP the phone you pay the phone off and keep.
Personally I don't see the point in purchasing a 650 dollar phone every year and trying to flip it for the pennies on the dollar when the new one is dropping . Vs financing it .
Pay 325 for one year
Trade it in and get the new phone. Not to mention depending on your carrier you can do multiple upgrades per year.
If it lets you sleep at night that you bought a phone cash that's okay. :lol:
You're not getting charged interest you're gaining the flexibility to do whatever the **** you want. I've had my 6 through tmo for one month paid nothing when I got it .
If I get tired of it I can go tomorrow and get the 6 plus and still pay nothing for it out of pocket . Same goes for different color memory etc.
Same dudes that paid 800 for their 6 plus a few months ago are crying cause nobody will give them near what they paid , online or on Craigslist .

Last edited:
The issue is carriers are removing the 2-yr contract subsidized phone plans. That was the incentive, you get an $800 phone for $300 as long as you stay with the carrier for two years on a new contract.

Now you either pay $800 upfront or pay $800 over 2 years if you can't do all at once.
In that case I'll just buy the phone outright unless they provided some incentive to do the payment. I'd rather have the option to sell my phone at any point for 50-80% return and apply it to a new phone. Others rather wait a complete year, give the phone back and start all over paying $800 for the next phone.

Example. I didn't buy the 6 on release day. Got it in June.

• If I paid for it outright at $800, I can get $500 for it now and apply it to the new 6s at $800 when it drops. I'm only spending $300 on a new phone, that I own ($1100 total over the span of those 2 phones).
  • Someone who is on those plans has to wait until next June to even do that, meaning they pay $400 for the year, then start paying for the new phone. If they want to own the new phone, that's an additional two years and $800. They've then spent $1200 to own the new phone and had to wait even longer.
Your example makes no sense. If you spent 800, sell it for 500, and apply the 300 to a new iPhone that cost $800 you paying $500 to get the new phone :lol:

I like knowing i get to keep my phone and i don't have to turn it back in. I will happily spend $200-300 every 2 years on a phone i can keep rather than spend $300+ per year for a phone i have to keep turning back in

I like knowing i get to keep my phone and i don't have to turn it back in. I will happily spend $200-300 every 2 years on a phone i can keep rather than spend $300+ per year for a phone i have to keep turning back in
so you don't even sell your phone afterwards you just keep them? lol

On another note I copped the Midnight Blue silicone case. Glad it fits the 6 :smokin

If anyone has a question on the silicone Apple cases feel free to ask ive been using them for a year-ish now

Dont forget, you guys have to pay an activation fee every time you upgrade.

For SPRINT, thats $38 every time I want the latest and greatest.

I really dont see the benefit of that 3D picture feature on the new phones.

I'm starting to think that Apple and all other phone companies are slowly reaching the limit of inovation. But that's just me.

Pennies on the dollar is a complete exaggeration for selling a phone

You see the money saved with a lower bill each month

It's only so high they can go with new features.
Soon Apple with have a innovation drought I can already tell

Back
Top Bottom