Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
not saying its not durable at all

but metal>>>>plastic

which one looks better, feels better? and actually looks like its worth the $600 price tag?
Both phones are overpriced so what is your point? None of these phones are "worth" their price tag. Apple says buy our phones because we have x, y, and z. Apple doesn't say buy our phones because you NEED x, y, and z.
Supposedly it takes $200 something for apple to make 1 iphone 5.
Apple being able to sell their iphones for WAY more than it costs for them to manufacture them speaks volumes about their impressive marketing rather than the "superior" materials in the iphone.

of course they are over priced :lol: which is why i said, "looks" like its worth the price tag.

all in all, i was saying metal 5>>>>>plastic 5

and i guess iOS7 is releasing at 1PM EST tomorrow, 10am PST

I wasn't saying that metal is less durable than plastic.
I was saying that based on my experience with the 3gs, I expect the 5c to be just as durable.

Who else is going to try to pick up a 5C? Trading my note 2 for a 5, and will then probably try to trade it for a 5C, if someone wants to lol. That blue 5C is calling me

the screen size downgrade doesn't bother you? i would try an iphone but ill think ill wait till they bump up the screen to at least 4.7

So apple is selling them online at 12am on Friday? How about the carriers?

Last edited:
[quote name="NCvikingx97" url="/t/564981/apple-iphone-5s-and-5c-thread-new-iphones-avail-sep-20-ios-7-avail-sep-18/1410#post_18739367"]Who else is going to try to pick up a 5C? Trading my note 2 for a 5, and will then probably try to trade it for a 5C, if someone wants to lol. That blue 5C is calling me
the screen size downgrade doesn't bother you? i would try an iphone but ill think ill wait till they bump up the screen to at least 4.7[/quote]

I thought it would, but I am back on a 4 now and I actually really don't mind. I won't try watching any movies or tv shows on an iphone at this size, but for texting and web browsing it is fine. I'm trying to get out of phones, hence the reason I am trying to sell what is probably the biggest geek phone you can buy, lol

Code:
iOS 7 release
Expected US release times:
Pacific - 10am
Mountain - 11am
Central - 12pm
Eastern - 1pm

Expected European release times:
GMT - 5pm
British - 6pm
Central - 7pm
Eastern European - 8pm

Expected Asian release times:
Hong Kong - 1 AM (Sep 19)
China - 1 AM (Sep 19)
Korea  - 2 AM (Sep 19)
Japan - 2 AM (Sep 19)

link

Last edited:
So I can Just go to apple website and download ios7 at 1 pm?
you download it from itunes. I think.

you plug in your iphone, then it should say "an update is available."

something like that.

Last edited:
you download it from itunes. I think.
you plug in your iphone, then it should say "an update is available."
something like that.

Goodluck downloading it. Usually these major downloads takes HOURS to finish. I remember iOS4 and iOS6 took HOURS to download.

Yeah, i'll probably wait until I get home tonight to dl it. They take forever and so many people are downloading throughout the day.

Will we be able to update through the air? Won't be near my computer until later this evening.

yeah, you can do it over the air or preferably wifi . . .

i bet everyone will be trying to download it today and tonite so it'll be slow because of the traffic.

I'm in no rush. I'll do some maintenance (update apps / delete unused apps / perform a back up).

I'll wait a few days or weeks and let the other guy worry about the usual "first day" upgrade issues.

Last edited:
plus servers are gonna crash, you know how many people are gonna try and update? lol

this is gonna be a hectic day

yea, apple needs to stop playing around with the update.  If they were not gonna release at midnight, then now would be a great time of day to avoid instant server overload as most workers in all US time zones are probably at work right now

i did notice A LOT of my apps have been updating the past few days (as well as some app icons changing to the new "flat" design) . . . most of the notes for the updates said "iOS 7 support"

don't forget to do a full back up (either via itunes or icloud) BEFORE you upgrade.

because you don't want to be THAT GUY who cries he lost all his stuff on his phone when the upgrade failed because the servers crashed with everyone trying to upgrade at the same time and he didn't have a recent backup to restore.

Last edited:
T Mobile wont have the 64 gig 5S in store on release day *_* Guess i'll have to order online. $900 phone and I gotta drop another $25 on next day shipping, nice.

i did notice A LOT of my apps have been updating the past few days (as well as the app icons changing to the new "flat" design) . . . most of the notes for the updates said "iOS 7 support"

I've 10+ app updated.. Patiently waiting for the big update..

T Mobile wont have the 64 gig 5S in store on release day *_* Guess i'll have to order online. $900 phone and I gotta drop another $25 on next day shipping, nice.

ha, if you can afford to drop $900 on a phone, then $25 ain't gonna kill you.

Back
Top Bottom