Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
So I'm not sure how I should handle this situation..

I spoke to my Verizon rep on 9/7 after the announcement and asked him to pre order me a 7 Plus. He said he would and that it would be there on launch day.

I call him on 9/13 (Tuesday on launch week) to make sure my pre order is all in good order. He says yes, hangs up, then calls me back and says it was actually pushed back to Mid October. I tell him to cancel it.

TURNS OUT, he didn't cancel it. Not only that, but I found out how to view the pre order on My Verizon, and it says that the order was placed on 9/13. The day I called to check on it. :x

Dude didn't even pre order it til I called to make sure all was okay.. then he lied to my face, said it was all good, then ordered it, and called me back telling me it got "pushed back". :x

Should I be mad, yall? Or should I just roll over and take the L at this point? :smh:

I don't even care about waiting for the phone at this point.. all the excitement is gone, my 6 works fine until it comes in.. I'm just upset about how this was handled. I could have pre ordered online if he didn't offer to pre order for me.. and I would've done it on launch day at midnight, I most likely would have had it by now. But since dude didn't pre order til the following Tuesday, I'm stuck in waiting for a month to get this damn phone. Wth man.

Verizon rep? Did you get it through your company or something?

Is Apple Music worth it? I'm thinking of getting it

Yeah, if you listen to a lot of different types of music and don't want to have it all on your phone or don't want to put on a cloud.

So I'm not sure how I should handle this situation..

I spoke to my Verizon rep on 9/7 after the announcement and asked him to pre order me a 7 Plus. He said he would and that it would be there on launch day.

I call him on 9/13 (Tuesday on launch week) to make sure my pre order is all in good order. He says yes, hangs up, then calls me back and says it was actually pushed back to Mid October. I tell him to cancel it.

TURNS OUT, he didn't cancel it. Not only that, but I found out how to view the pre order on My Verizon, and it says that the order was placed on 9/13. The day I called to check on it.
sick.gif

Dude didn't even pre order it til I called to make sure all was okay.. then he lied to my face, said it was all good, then ordered it, and called me back telling me it got "pushed back".
sick.gif

Should I be mad, yall? Or should I just roll over and take the L at this point?
mean.gif

I don't even care about waiting for the phone at this point.. all the excitement is gone, my 6 works fine until it comes in.. I'm just upset about how this was handled. I could have pre ordered online if he didn't offer to pre order for me.. and I would've done it on launch day at midnight, I most likely would have had it by now. But since dude didn't pre order til the following Tuesday, I'm stuck in waiting for a month to get this damn phone. Wth man.
complain and try and get your bill lowered

spizike231 spizike231 i'm not gonna lie, i'd be furious. i would escalate that as far up the ladder as i could. it'll be tempting to cuss them out but keep your cool and explain the situation. hopefully they can help you out

...it's a slim chance, but worth a shot i think

I'm gonna go in tomorrow after work and talk to a manager.

I'm mad, but I feel like I'm gonna look like the "typical iPhone guy" who's mad he didn't get his phone early enough.. I'm not even sure what they can do for me- it's not like they can make a 7 Plus appear ya know?

We'll see. It's the principal at this point. I left ATT because they lied to me..

And to dude who asked why I said "my rep" it's because this the same dude who called me a month ago to personally ask if I wanted to get their new insurance deal. I said nah and that I wanted the iPhone 7 when it came out.. said he'd call me to pre order when it was announced. He did, he followed up, and I've worked with him specifically since. Now I'm regretting it.

I'm mad, but I feel like I'm gonna look like the "typical iPhone guy" who's mad he didn't get his phone early enough.. I'm not even sure what they can do for me- it's not like they can make a 7 Plus appear ya know?

We'll see. It's the principal at this point. I left ATT because they lied to me..

And to dude who asked why I said "my rep" it's because this the same dude who called me a month ago to personally ask if I wanted to get their new insurance deal. I said nah and that I wanted the iPhone 7 when it came out.. said he'd call me to pre order when it was announced. He did, he followed up, and I've worked with him specifically since. Now I'm regretting it.
You can try but at the end it's a he said she said. Just take the L

It's not really he said she said when there is proof that the phone was preordered late. But, I doubt they'll do anything.

Anyone pre ordered the 7 Plus from the Sprint site on Sept 9th and receive the phone already? Mine has a ship by 9/30 date..smh..
All 7+ phones ordered from Sprint 1800 number, in store, online are all pushed back until 9/30. Not one sprint store received any 7+. While I was there trying to figure out my mess, about 10 customers stormed out because they did not receive their orders.

Me, theres no need to storm out or get upset, phone will arrive soon..

Not much they will do/offer you. I also tried to see what I can get out of them for messing up. After talking to the guy, all he gave was a sincere apology.

I recommend you be calm because they can still delay your phone by not calling you when it comes in.

Man.. I may not even waste my time then.

It's not he said / she said, the only thing I can hopefully get out of it is a manager telling me they'll hold one aside if they get the model I want in. But that's a long shot and it may be safer to just leave it be and wait til my phone comes in.

Either way, I'm over it.. just gonna wait. I got other things on my plate to bide the time for the next 3 weeks I guess. Just sucks. I was excited for this to be the first iPhone I actually got on launch day. :\

Man.. I may not even waste my time then.

It's not he said / she said, the only thing I can hopefully get out of it is a manager telling me they'll hold one aside if they get the model I want in. But that's a long shot and it may be safer to just leave it be and wait til my phone comes in.

Either way, I'm over it.. just gonna wait. I got other things on my plate to bide the time for the next 3 weeks I guess. Just sucks. I was excited for this to be the first iPhone I actually got on launch day. :\

This is one of the reasons I ordered through Apple. Carrier customer service sucks.

My boy ordered his jet blk plus through Apple with no issues.

I wouldn't let them slide, maybe they will offer you something.

If you can voice your opinion here why not with the company you spending money with.

For guys that have att next. do you think it's best to wait til I finish paying my installment plan or upgrade early. I have two more payments to go. Thanks

For guys that have att next. do you think it's best to wait til I finish paying my installment plan or upgrade early. I have two more payments to go. Thanks

What phone do you want? If it's a jet black Plus you might as well wait two months.

if it's only two months you might as well pay it off.
having an unlocked phone as a backup is never bad

Really thinking about just switching our billing address to my address on our att account then ordering on apples site and being done with it. 3-5 weeks isn't bad.

Don't just run into the store to purchase I would reserve it with apples reservation system. Very likely phones will be sold out by time you get there.

Edit : Actual shipping is Oct 19 - Nov 1 lol that's 4-6 weeks.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if I can trade in my phone to Verizon, put the upgrade on my acct, then go to Apple and use it there. :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom