Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Idk about ATT since its GSM 100% but I know with VZW the phone has to be activated especially if your trying to sell it because it would be linked to your line so who ever your selling it to couldnt activate it until you activate then deactivate. But When I worked for Tmobile everything was based off your sim card BUT the iphone has a sim card built in so I think dude had to activate it.

My fault im still new at this. So do you think Im good to sell it to someone now? They activated in the apple store which carried my # over but then I had ATT store deactivate and reactivate my old phone. Im just paranoid whoever i sell it to won't be able to transfer their # over or my current # will be on there when they go to activate it.

This is so much diff than sellng xbox's/ps3's :lol:

Nevermind, I just called at&t. basically i gotta go to the at&t store and theyll give me a new nano sim free of charge and ill have to include that with the iphone when i ship it to whomever so they can activate the iphone 5 with the new nano sim since the current nano sim in the iphone 5 has my line on there.

Nevermind, I just called at&t. basically i gotta go to the at&t store and theyll give me a new nano sim free of charge and ill have to include that with the iphone when i ship it to whomever so they can activate the iphone 5 with the new nano sim since the current nano sim in the iphone 5 has my line on there.

yea the person buying the phone will need a new sim, which either they can pick up or you can include and they just go to the att store or call in and have the sim number placed on their account. make sure to take your old sim out, even though its not active and can't be reactivated its always safe because sim cards are tied to account info.

yea the person buying the phone will need a new sim, which either they can pick up or you can include and they just go to the att store or call in and have the sim number placed on their account. make sure to take your old sim out, even though its not active and can't be reactivated its always safe because sim cards are tied to account info.

Thanks for the info. appreciate it. My last question tho: if i open up the phone and take the sim card out, isn't that probably gonna decrease the value? What kind of info is tied to my sim card that they can possibly access? And how can they access it if its not possible to deactivate/reactivate?

Didn't know selling a damn phone could be this complicated [for me anyway] :lol:

I'm sorry dude... I thought you said you got the phone from AT&T.. not the apple store.

Thanks for the info. appreciate it. My last question tho: if i open up the phone and take the sim card out, isn't that probably gonna decrease the value? What kind of info is tied to my sim card that they can possibly access? And how can they access it if its not possible to deactivate/reactivate?
Didn't know selling a damn phone could be this complicated [for me anyway] :lol:

lol brah the phone is new cutting the seal aint gonna devalue it, this isnt like sneakers, biggest thing is the condition of the device. I mean being that you havent used it and with things like icloud your contacts are in the air, but sim cards hold contacts, and the sim card number can pull your account but nobody at an att store would let someone read a sim card number to pull up an account.

Since I'll be getting the Iphone5 at some point. I'm going to jailbrake my ip4 is see what the fuss is all about.

i just notice something i dislike... the way mail pops up the whole read.dismiss popup... like if ur trying to make a call place on speaker phone etc.... like today im trying to dial a number and i had like 12 unread emails and everytime i go to press a number up pops the new mail read/dismiss popup... it seriously is kinda annoying.

i just notice something i dislike... the way mail pops up the whole read.dismiss popup... like if ur trying to make a call place on speaker phone etc.... like today im trying to dial a number and i had like 12 unread emails and everytime i go to press a number up pops the new mail read/dismiss popup... it seriously is kinda annoying.

Settings > notifications > mail > email account > under "alert style" choose banner.

casewise i went with the "Switcheasy Nude". great case and comes with both a front and back screen protector and a plug cover. all the protection i need and its only $20

Anyone had luck with this Pick Up In store system that they implemented last night? I just tried and ALL stores in NY are unavailable

For the pickup thing, check to see if its available in your area first. The "pick up" option will be greyed out until after 1am.

For the pickup thing, check to see if its available in your area first. The "pick up" option will be greyed out until after 1am.
Tried at 1030 PM EST. pick up button was active, but you could not select any store b/c they are all unavailable. Ill stay up to 1AM if it still doesn't work than I'll just have to keep trrying every night. Im trying to get one by this Friday before my next billing cycle with T Shmobile kicks in.

Picked one up over the weekend, tried to keep it lowkey because I didn't have a case for it and I didn't want anyone to drop it.  Well, my roommate asked to see it today and dropped it on our table, now it has a dent on the bottom
mean.gif
tired.gif

Anyone had luck with this Pick Up In store system that they implemented last night? I just tried and ALL stores in NY are unavailable

Tried last night and tonight. There was one available 2 hours from me that I was thinking about. Just checked again and now its gone :smh:

Oh well I'll try again every night

Back
Top Bottom