Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

I hope they don't give you a new one. What do you guys expect to happen to a caseless device you use incessantly throughout the day?

Seriously? I didn't use a case for my iPhone 4 the 2+ years I had it and it never scratched. You shouldn't NEED to put a case on your phone just to prevent it from getting scratched/scuffed up. That's the problem with Apple using such precious materials or paints. Yeah they look really nice but for something you use constantly on a daily basis I shouldn't need to baby the phone or buy some crappy looking case just so it doesn't get ****** up.

Seriously? I didn't use a case for my iPhone 4 the 2+ years I had it and it never scratched. You shouldn't NEED to put a case on your phone just to prevent it from getting scratched/scuffed up. That's the problem with Apple using such precious materials or paints. Yeah they look really nice but for something you use constantly on a daily basis I shouldn't need to baby the phone or buy some crappy looking case just so it doesn't get ****** up.
Yeah but that's the chance you take with a naked phone.. I know because I don't like using cases myself... I put cases on my phone when I know ima be doing to much.. You got to be careful if you are using any phone with no case.. That's like me returning a pair of shoes because I scuffed em on the curb..Couldn't be mad that JB made em leather and not posite material.. If it came out the box like that it would be a diffrent story.. Just saying

My $800 class ring is all scuffed up. Should I return that? My MacBook has scratches and chips on it. Should I return that? My shoes have creases on them. Should I return them? It's called normal wear and tear. Cell phones have been getting scuffed and chipped FOREVER. If you don't want that to happen, buy a ******g case and quit crying.

My $800 class ring is all scuffed up. Should I return that? My MacBook has scratches and chips on it. Should I return that? My shoes have creases on them. Should I return them? It's called normal wear and tear. Cell phones have been getting scuffed and chipped FOREVER. If you don't want that to happen, buy a ******g case and quit crying.

did you get your class ring, macbook and shoes that way?

did you get your class ring, macbook and shoes that way?
Did the post that started this say that the phone came that way? If you read my posts, I'm clearly not referring to factory damaged phones.

did the post that started this say that the phone didn't come that way?

regardless, about half of all people got their iphone 5s scuffed or scratched out of the box or shortly thereafter. using something that's meant to be handled regularly and having it damaged 2 days after using it doesn't constitute "normal wear and tear." that's just poor design.

The 4 does seem rather slower...Does anyone know what the ongoing price of a 4S is? :nerd:

Gonna try to sell my 4 and cop one.

NFC has already been called dangerous and how if everyone in the room may have it on someone can easily walk by and take your information.

not really sure what the point of it would be tho....for any phone
for someone to walk by and steal your information your screen would need to be unlocked. i doubt anyone is going to walk next to you, power on your phone, and enter your pin or password

Huddler's search function isn't too good, so I'm not sure if this is the right thread.

But for anybody having issues with iOS 6 here's a couple problems I fixed. I have an iPhone 4

Looking for your dictionary (the define feature)?

Switch your language (I Chose British English)
Highlight a word, the define popup should show
Download dictionary
Change language back to American English

Define function should return

I'm really anal about my music having the correct art, artists, genre, etc. Somehow when I upgraded to iOS 6 my Rap & Hip-Hop and Soul and R&B genres were switched to Unknown.
In iTunes they are in the correct genre, but they only synced as Unknown

Solution: The only fix is by restoring

Those aren't major issues, but I figured I'd post the solutions since i had trouble finding them elsewhere.

^^
If I were to buy a random 4S off someone who upgraded to 5 & I'm off contract, when i activate it on my account, will a contract renew immediately? Just wondering.

PO

Did the post that started this say that the phone came that way? If you read my posts, I'm clearly not referring to factory damaged phones.

Yet the dude you told to stop *****ing made no comment on whether or not he scratched his phone or whether it came like that. You made the assumption that he scratched it on his own and told him to quit complaining. And i'm not *****ing i don't even own the 5, i don't care whether y'all rock cases or not or whether you scratch your phones or whatever the hell else you own. I'm just strictly talking about Apple using materials and painting materials as precious as aluminum for something people use on a daily basis and go through constant use. For people that like going with a naked phone your pretty much ****** if you don't want the thing to look like it went through a war. Pretty much have to go with a case if you don't want the thing scratched or scuffed up.

^^
If I were to buy a random 4S off someone who upgraded to 5 & I'm off contract, when i activate it on my account, will a contract renew immediately? Just wondering.
PO
no it would just do the searching on the phone and display no service. it would only activate well let me rephrase that the fone would not be activated until u connect to itunes and the activation is verified thru the apple servers. if u went into the store thats basically what they do... but with the 4s i believe u can just do it ota if u ever had a icloud account... ud go thru the steps... input ur apple id password and it will go thru apple servers and verify what ever service provider u have and pretty much make sure they align with one another aka the imei uid numbers etc... phone model number that ur cell phone provider associated with ur service.

sidenote thats how crack apps work they provided mask ids uid imei that have been produced by the ppl who cracked the app and instead of verifying matching up apple servers with ur cell phone provider info it redirects to the servers of the person/site etc... that cracked the apps etc...if u ever noticed if u jb a iphone and check the hosts files on ur computer the server ip address is compromised and has a loop to redirect from ur service provider to the site location of thee imei uid of the jb servers

Last edited:
NFC has already been called dangerous and how if everyone in the room may have it on someone can easily walk by and take your information.

Same as a Wi Fi network in your home. Leave it unlocked and people can steal free internet off of you. God forbid anything else worse.
Like everything in this digital age, there are risks in everything you do. You just have to be smart about it.

You have to lock your device the same way as how you put a passcode to sign on your wifi network.

-Drew

my wifi has been password free for 5 years now :lol:

The hell is wrong with the App Store though? I've been asked to agree to the Terms and Conditions like 20 times

The hell is wrong with the App Store though? I've been asked to agree to the Terms and Conditions like 20 times

same with me it was mad annoying.

so i traded my spare android handset for a 4s just to test it out a little. it already came jailbroken on 5.1.1.

and was wondering can any of u guys recommend me some nice themes or something???

i thought that too, then saw this. pretty cool.

anyone know why my iphone hasn't detected that my brother has imessage turned on? It keeps sending them as texts

look in your messages settings and make sure imessage is turned on

other than that make sure your appleid is signed in.

I dont trust NFC. The Mythbusters were censored from airing an episode about how easy NFC/RFID technology is to hack, no brute force needed.

same with me it was mad annoying.
so i traded my spare android handset for a 4s just to test it out a little. it already came jailbroken on 5.1.1.
and was wondering can any of u guys recommend me some nice themes or something???
install dreamboard first.... then go to sinfuliphone... has a list of repos that has iuno 10's of thousands of themes... macrumors is pretty decent to as well.

There was a carrier update released by Verizon recently. Not sure if ATT or Sprint released one. To get it, go to Settings > General > About us. It should prompt you to update and click Ok. Then you will have to reset your phone by holding the sleep button down, then sliding to turn it off.

Not sure what this is for quite yet. I think it's for the WiFi issue where the LTE was staying on. LTE should be disabled if you are connected to WiFi. This should help with battery life for those who use WiFi.

Patiently waiting for this untethered jailbreak. IDK if I should use a stock ios6 or stick with my jailbroken 5.1.1 while I wait for it to come out

Back
Top Bottom