April Wrestling Thread/NTWT Weekend Edition/WM April 10th 2021

Oh gawd....... shut up. No one cares. Leave!

D0Ta1C1XcAIomJo.jpg

Yep..PM me your PayPal info and i'll send the money asap..

I'm not 100 percent sure if the boxes are mint. Let me pull them out havent seen them in a while but well settle the money stuff later. I'll get you pics by tonight brother

I'm not 100 percent sure if the boxes are mint. Let me pull them out havent seen them in a while but well settle the money stuff later. I'll get you pics by tonight brother

All good..As long as the plastic ain't damage and the box isn't trashed I'll cop for sure..I don't need mint condition..

WWE SmackDown Live preview (Feb. 26, 2019): Numbers game

20190219_SD_Kofi_Victory_PHOTO__9263af554fd062163e10cdd29fdc1591.0.jpg
WWE.com
One night after Dave Bautista beat Ric up for his birthday, WWE heads to Flair Country for SmackDown LIVE in Charlotte, North Carolina.

The Headliners
It’s a big night for team blue, but especially for the man who will challenge WWE champ Daniel Bryan at Mar. 10’s Fastlane pay-per-view (PPV) - Kofi Kingston. It’s been an amazing ride for Kingston since replacing an injured Mustafa Ali in the main event picture for Elimination Chamber earlier this month, and he’ll be trying to continue his ascent with a contract signing segment with Bryan on the Feb. 26 SmackDown.

Contract signings are what they are in pro wrestling. There’s a high probability someone gets punched, or put through a table, or even stabbed in the hand with a pen. Bryan is firing on all cylinders (of a solar-powered electrical engine), and there’s really no reason to be concerned about him holding up his end of the bargain.

And I’m not worried about Kofi, who’s always been an above-average talker and is no stranger to operating as a singles star. But I am curious how his New Day brothers will be used.

Because I very much want this to be a showcase for a wrestler I figured was probably a future Hall of Famer of the long-time reliable hand variety before The New Day was formed, and now believe is a sure thing for at least one and maybe two inductions. But before I get ahead of myself...

The full trio of Xavier Woods, Big E & Kofi playing off DB’s anti-consumerism schtick should be fantastic. There’s a natural conflict between the cosplaying, video gaming, Pancheros-eating New Day and the champ’s Capt. Planet routine. We need that to be an element of the build in this feud, for however long it lasts.

But they also need to fade into the background in order to let Kingston show he’s the real threat, and deserving of this opportunity on his own.

They played it perfectly for Elimination Chamber, with the Princes of Positivity holding in down for their old head backstage and before & after the match, but not during. I expect they’ll similarly know how to balance things as this builds to a singles match.

That’s what friends are for.

The Title Scene
She finally returned to the ring and even got to talk some trash. But a distraction helped Mandy Rose roll up Women’s champion Asuka, and now she’s looking for revenge. You probably don’t want to be Fire & Desire.

In a sign of villainy from the Best Tag Team in the World, Miz implored Shane McMahon to book an immediate rematch for the Men’s Tag Team belts they lost to The Usos. But who’s turning to the dark side - the Awesome One for asking, or Shane O’Mac for agreeing? Or neither? While we wait to find out, the division remains on lock.

No mention of R-Truth and the United States title in the official preview for this week’s show. At least the champ has a sense of humor about it.

While they could conceivably show up, Women’s Tag champs Sasha Banks & Bayley’s first defense is against a team from Raw, so...

Other stuff to keep an eye on:
- The NXT 4 are going to busy again, with two matches announced in advance. DIY continues their issues with former tag champs The Bar when Johnny Gargano goes one-on-one with Cesaro in what should be a hell of a match, and the “why not?” tag team of Aleister Black & Ricochet faces the “creative has nothing for you” pairing of Shinsuke Nakamura & Rusev.

- Will the big WrestleMania angles from Raw spill over onto Tuesday night? Batista’s issues with Triple H reignited on SmackDown 1000 last fall, and it wouldn’t be shocking to see either man, or The Animal’s victim Ric Flair, or their old Evolution stablemate Randy Orton, address the situation tonight.

- What about the Raw Women’s title picture? Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch, the official #1 contender for the belt and the woman Ronda Rousey vacated the belt in an attempt to get her reinstated by Vince McMahon, are both still technically on the SmackDown roster, right?

Two weeks until Fastlane!

What will you be looking for on SmackDown Live tonight?

Back
Top Bottom