Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

air-jordan-8-retro-aqua-2015-release-blk-tr-rd-flnt-gry-brght-cncrd-012330_1.jpg

air-jordan-8-retro-aqua-2015-release-blk-tr-rd-flnt-gry-brght-cncrd-012330_2.jpg

air-jordan-8-retro-aqua-2015-release-blk-tr-rd-flnt-gry-brght-cncrd-012330_3.jpg

air-jordan-8-retro-aqua-2015-release-blk-tr-rd-flnt-gry-brght-cncrd-012330_4.jpg
These pictures have had me contemplating coming out of retirement all week but i will pass. I still have yet to wear my Playoff 8s and view my Suns 8s as poor mans Aquas. Good luck to everyone looking to cop though. These are nice

birch run outlet had GS pairs for sale already behind the counter, told me they had 2 pairs of men's but sold quickly

Birch Run Nike Outlet has J's????

They randomly got a small shipment in and I mean they have discounted team stuff but went for my first time yesterday

Peeped and saw those new spike shoes or whatever and GS aquas and I got confused since they didn't release for another week and asked him he said they got a randomly early shipment with a few pairs but he said of course soon as someone saw the men they sold out quickly. Only 2 pair of men's

Just secured a second pair but most likely not going to double up.  Rarely wear most of my shoes as it is.  That second pair would be all crumbled by the time I got to them lol

Last edited:
You gotta understand. I've been wearing these HARD since 93, and 2010! These are my favs of all time not only because of the design, but becaus they have always been kinda lowkey in the Jordan world.

After rocking these for so long, I'm just ready to move into the Playoffs. New color way, more lowkey.

Crazy thing is, now that I've got a call from Footlocker, I'll probably still cop these just because I love them so much. Probably make these my beater shoes

Not to be on the interrogation team because I could honestly care less what another man does with his bread.

But when were the aquas not hyped? They sold really well in 2007 and were sought after for years leading up to that release.

Over the last couple of year the hype has died only a bit but they still sold for a lot of bread because of all the 2010/2011 Kanye sightings.

I still have a really good condition pair of 07s I could wear but I'm copping 2015s because I like the aquas. I'm well aware that a ton of people will have this shoe and I'm good with that.

I've never once been like "oh nah I'm not gonna cop my favorite anything just because everyone else has them now". #yeshrug.

View media item 1794758

These are your "GRAILS" but dont wanna cop cuz everybody gonna have em.....so im guessing you dont buy any jordans whatsoever....help me out papi....im confused

You gotta understand. I've been wearing these HARD since 93, and 2010! These are my favs of all time not only because of the design, but becaus they have always been kinda lowkey in the Jordan world.

After rocking these for so long, I'm just ready to move into the Playoffs. New color way, more lowkey.

Crazy thing is, now that I've got a call from Footlocker, I'll probably still cop these just because I love them so much. Probably make these my beater shoes

View media item 1795577

Still waiting on my 1 call back.. Only put in 1 ticket since it didn't seem many ppl were after em. :lol: If no call today then I'll just grab a guaranteed ticket Monday..

Not to be on the interrogation team because I could honestly care less what another man does with his bread.

But when were the aquas not hyped? They sold really well in 2007 and were sought after for years leading up to that release.

Over the last couple of year the hype has died only a bit but they still sold for a lot of bread because of all the 2010/2011 Kanye sightings.

I still have a really good condition pair of 07s I could wear but I'm copping 2015s because I like the aquas. I'm well aware that a ton of people will have this shoe and I'm good with that.

I've never once been like "oh nah I'm not gonna cop my favorite anything just because everyone else has them now". #yeshrug.
These were lowkey from like 2010 up until now.

I remember back in 2010, the big hype was around the Blk/Cement 3s, Infrared pack 6s, and the Bordeauxs.

The Aquas were slept on for so many years.

They even sat at some stores back in 2007 

I remember back in 2010, the big hype was around the Blk/Cement 3s, Infrared pack 6s, and the Bordeauxs.

Nah I wish I could find some of the old WDYWT threads aquas were huge back then. That was around the start of the Kanye jogger phase as well.

I actually remember selling a fairly used pair for more than retail in 2011

They weren't slept on, especially with Kanye. They were a massive general release. Despite that and them cracking, aquas had one of the higher resell values for a general release posted within the past ten years. They were easily going for over $350.

They weren't slept on, especially with Kanye. They were a massive general release. Despite that and them cracking, aquas had one of the higher resell values for a general release posted within the past ten years. They were easily going for over $350.

Fam I think we might be old heads in here but I clearly remember that time period as well. Aquas have not been slept on.

Aquas were never slept on. They dropped during the time back when we didn't have a retro release every weekend. Although if I recall back on 2007 the Aqua release and the play off 8 release were like a month apart. Which didn't happen very often back then.

Facts:
I was a Store Manager for Champs only making 40k/yr wasn't worth it at all lol

Yeah the ends don't always justify the means. I could imagine being a shoe store manager in these times could be sort of hectic.

Just secured a second pair but most likely not going to double up.  Rarely wear most of my shoes as it is.  That second pair would be all crumbled by the time I got to them lol

So much truth. I regret doubling up on the pairs I have. Still on my first pair from shoes I bought like 6-7 years and they're still crispy for the most part. To add insult to injury some of those shoes have even rereleased since then.

I'm new to this raffle thing do I have to enter to even have a chance or will I just be able to walk in on Friday say 10am and pick these up I'm asking as someone who lives in Canada so the malls will be pretty normal for a Friday

Aquas were never slept on. They dropped during the time back when we didn't have a retro release every weekend. Although if I recall back on 2007 the Aqua release and the play off 8 release were like a month apart. Which didn't happen very often back then.

Aquas were in September n Playoffs were in December of 2007.

I still remember on the Playoff release being 3rd in line with two females in from of me and they told us the smallest size they had were a size 11 as soon as they opened the door :stoneface: but the Aquas were easy.

Aquas were never slept on just resale price was through the roof around the time everyone became a "sneaker head" (2011-2014).

I remember trying to sell my used 07 pair for weeks in 2010 for $150 and nobody wanted them. :lol:

dd1d0581_1021965.jpeg

a327ee37_1021964k.jpeg

2f193631_1021973.jpeg

Last edited:
Aqua's were available when I went to get the playoffs. They didn't get sleepy on but no no one lost sleep trying to get this shoe. But idk if y'all forgot but almost all of retros had high resell back in 2007-8 because the number of retros for shoes was relatively low. Grapes were $450, DMP pack was $900, and the chrome 8s were like $350. Aqua's were not as popular as the playoffs in 2007; that didn't happen until 2008 when kanye started being regularly spotted in them.

I take it these dont have a resell value since everyone is getting a call, No demand?

Looking like a easy cop even if i dident get into a raffle , or will be able to buy a store price?

Aquas were in September n Playoffs were in December of 2007.

I still remember on the Playoff release being 3rd in line with two females in from of me and they told us the smallest size they had were a size 11 as soon as they opened the door :stoneface: but the Aquas were easy.

Aquas were never slept on just resale price was through the roof around the time everyone became a "sneaker head" (2011-2014).

I remember trying to sell my used 07 pair for weeks in 2010 for $150 and nobody wanted them. :lol:

dd1d0581_1021965.jpeg

a327ee37_1021964k.jpeg

2f193631_1021973.jpeg

Oh okay thanks for the correction. I remember them being close but I didn't remember how close.

The play off 8s were the every mans jordan around me back in 2007. Maybe because they were a holiday release and an easy color way but I guess buzz was building back then and I remember cats that didn't wear Jordan's talking to eachother about copping those. Needless to say the aquas didn't sit around me, the playoffs on the other hand were everywhere even made it out to display at my local mall. I think their popularity had something to do with how widely avaiLble they were

Aqua's were available when I went to get the playoffs. They didn't get sleepy on but no no one lost sleep trying to get this shoe. But idk if y'all forgot but almost all of retros had high resell back in 2007-8 because the number of retros for shoes was relatively low. Grapes were $450, DMP pack was $900, and the chrome 8s were like $350. Aqua's were not as popular as the playoffs in 2007; that didn't happen until 2008 when kanye started being regularly spotted in them.
Didn't Kanye get his Aquas early in '07 and start rocking them before release date? 

Back
Top Bottom