Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

lol nah I'll remember
Wana bet me that I won't?
nerd.gif
k its a bet then

Does anyone know why Nike only released 3 colors of the 8 originally?
a lot of shoes didnt have a lot of OG colors released.

the 1s had bred, royal, black toe, chicago as the main colors

the 3s had 4

the 4s had 4

the 5s and 4 

the 6s had 4

i may not be 100% accurate but there werent 14 colors of each shoe dropping like today's sigs.
True...

he retired for the first time When they Were out in 93, could be one reason. But like the other guy said there weren't many colorways coming out for 1 model back in the day anyway

he retired for the first time When they Were out in 93, could be one reason. But like the other guy said there weren't many colorways coming out for 1 model back in the day anyway
You may be right, I know he used to wear a white base shoe to start the following season, until the All-Star game. Where he would introduce the next model. So with him retiring, I guess Nike saw no need to make a 4th color way of the 8's.

Thanks for the help.

No we simply don't know. Most OGs came in about 4 colors, 12s came with 5.. The 11s only released in 3 OG colors as well.
His retirement had nothing to do wth it...

The usual pattern went: Home colorway, road colorway, all star cw, a non traditional uniform colorway (sport blue VI's, true blue III's etc) and in later years, a playoff colorway. That was the marketing strategy. There was no BHM, Laney, or any other stupid hook to get you to buy shoes. Also, if I remember correctly, MJ complained about this shoe. I think it was irritating his foot or something.
All peeps saying they have 07's and dont need these i hope yall stay far far away when release day comes, make it easier for us small folks with no 07's lol
Will do chief

IMO 8s never had a chance to cook.When the white/red 8s dropped in early 1993 they (at the time) looked just like the  Hares and Cardinal 7s that came out a few months earlier. 7s were still very popular from the dream team domination buzz. The confusing thing about that marketing plan is that Warner BrothersXJordan commercials were running for both models at this time. I can remember watching SNICK seeing a AJ7 one commercial break then seeing a AJ8 commercial minutes later. Also at this time in 1993 Huraches and Barkleys were more popular Nike models than Air Jordan. Air Max Force and Air Max 93 were the "expensive/show off" then. The Air Raids were a more affordable choice also. Playoff 8s sold well but I clearly remember Aquas sitting all the way until 1994. Jordan IXs came out in fall of 93 and the 8s time in the sun was done like that.
Tinker had done different models with similar looks in groups of 3 for a time. III's, IV's, and V's are progressions in design. Then he switched with VI's, VII's, and VIII's, then the IX's, X's, and XI's are similar in design. I'm sure it was intentional on his part. 
Strapped or Un-strapped, either or is good imo.
agreed

The 07s were two tone.

Hopefully the 15 is something in between
Yeah but the contrast was subtle. Hope they keep it the same or close to 07.
I OG had the more noticeable contrast. The 07 doesn't have the OG contrast, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. 

I'll always prefer the two-tone of the OGs, but the '07s retros were nice... it was just a shame that the paint flaked soooo bad on those.... if JB are gonna re-release these, they need to sort that out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom