Archival Polypropylene Bags?

Has anyone ever used archival polypropylene bags to store shoes in their boxes to prolong the life and avoid yellowing during storage?  I just picked up some off of eBay made for 11"x15" Life magazines.  They don't seal, which is good, because I know the leather will dry out and crack if they can't breath.  Just wondering if anyone else has experience with these acid-free bags.  Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area.  
mmFR40tjnjoWYP5wq01m1BQABTVBfEneEyUKRvXgSpPSvVZhQn6YddvPLwTRSz6Pa27wI3g97z3MC1469rMSV1QHhJ-g_tZt8I73AuBhFVXol651sJquzVA0RQy3XZRfX6KGxVYoDsicgvr3PQWE8egMS0E

Has anyone ever used archival polypropylene bags to store shoes in their boxes to prolong the life and avoid yellowing during storage?  I just picked up some off of eBay made for 11"x15" Life magazines.  They don't seal, which is good, because I know the leather will dry out and crack if they can't breath.  Just wondering if anyone else has experience with these acid-free bags.  Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area.  
mmFR40tjnjoWYP5wq01m1BQABTVBfEneEyUKRvXgSpPSvVZhQn6YddvPLwTRSz6Pa27wI3g97z3MC1469rMSV1QHhJ-g_tZt8I73AuBhFVXol651sJquzVA0RQy3XZRfX6KGxVYoDsicgvr3PQWE8egMS0E

Hmmm, I might wrong but I think the Infrared Pack 6's were stored in these to prevent yellowing.

Hmmm, I might wrong but I think the Infrared Pack 6's were stored in these to prevent yellowing.

It doesn't prolong life or avoid yellowing. You actually end up suffocating the sneaker which causes the midsole to crumble and makes the leather more rigid

It doesn't prolong life or avoid yellowing. You actually end up suffocating the sneaker which causes the midsole to crumble and makes the leather more rigid

Originally Posted by moneymike88

How so, if the bags are left open to breath?  Also, I'd assume it would prolong the life considering the shoes aren't against acid-based material like the box or paper.

How so, if the bags are left open to breath?  Also, I'd assume it would prolong the life considering the shoes aren't against acid-based material like the box or paper.

Originally Posted by stevedensmore

has there been proof that the box or paper cause the soles to yellow? if it's caused by the air wouldn't leaving the bag open defeat the purpose of having the bag in the first place?

has there been proof that the box or paper cause the soles to yellow? if it's caused by the air wouldn't leaving the bag open defeat the purpose of having the bag in the first place?

i think these methods are way over board.. just let the kicks be and wear them.. i didnt even like the bag that came with the infra 6s to be honest. i just kept em in there because it came with it so wth.. plus, yellowing gives character to the shoes. it doesnt make it better compare to being icey of course, but it aint that bad to the point that i'd buy a bag for it or some sort..

i think these methods are way over board.. just let the kicks be and wear them.. i didnt even like the bag that came with the infra 6s to be honest. i just kept em in there because it came with it so wth.. plus, yellowing gives character to the shoes. it doesnt make it better compare to being icey of course, but it aint that bad to the point that i'd buy a bag for it or some sort..

Originally Posted by vipersupra

I have shoes in my collection I have no intentions of ever wearing, hence the reason I am looking into this matter.  As for yellowing giving character to shoes, I can't agree with you on that at all.  It's makes'em look like garbage.

Originally Posted by vipersupra

I have shoes in my collection I have no intentions of ever wearing, hence the reason I am looking into this matter.  As for yellowing giving character to shoes, I can't agree with you on that at all.  It's makes'em look like garbage.

^^ why would you buy shoes if your not going to wear them? After all the are shoes and not trophys, Wear your shoes man.

^^ why would you buy shoes if your not going to wear them? After all the are shoes and not trophys, Wear your shoes man.

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

It's called collecting.  Ever heard of it?  I have plenty to wear.

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

It's called collecting.  Ever heard of it?  I have plenty to wear.

the cardboard box is not acid based...where are you getting this info from?

Call Nike and find out for yourself.  What made you think the boxes are acid-free?

Call Nike and find out for yourself.  What made you think the boxes are acid-free?

From what I heard from someone who I consider to be an expert, keeping shoes in their boxes is fine, w/o the paper.

Back
Top Bottom