::Are Floor Seats That Much Better Than Lower Level (Elevated) Seats?::

I'm asking because I have the choice of floor seats and a section thats lower level, close to the middle just a little bit off to the side. My girlfriendis going to the concert with me and she's short, so I'm worried that if I get floor seats she won't be able to see anything if the people in frontof her are tall. Are they worth the extra money?

So NT, floor seats or elevated lower level seats?

If you and your girl treasure your hearing, then no, floor seats aren't better.

Engineer is mixing the performance @ its potentially best from his perspective.

For the best sound, post up closest to the in-house engineer and the venue's sound console.

But of course, no one cares about that... Majority always think that: louder = better quality,

So they get GA Floor tickets.

And, of course, so they're close to the artist and have a chance to grope/touch 'em (word to RZA).

Edit ~~~//> Ask any old head. Guarantee you they regret being @ front stage for concerts they attended.

I already know what you're talking about, Arco Arena, Glow In The Dark Tour?
laugh.gif

I asked someone this earlier who's been to many concerts, Lower Level ftw.

Originally Posted by its Labrev

I already know what you're talking about, Arco Arena, Glow In The Dark Tour?
laugh.gif

I asked someone this earlier who's been to many concerts, Lower Level ftw.

haha howd you know? you goin? what section?

hahaha...im goin to the one in SJ...got the lower level tickets. last time i had floor seats i couldnt hear for a few hours and everyone had to yell at me.dont wanna go through that again

grin.gif
I would rather be GA and know that it's up to me how close Iget...the sound is never really a problem

But i'm sure once i get older it's gonna be lower level but since i'm young GA Floor FTW

funny i just argued this with my lil brother when we were tryna get tickets for the Jay show....i've sat everywhere from front, to balcony to thestage....now i only get loge/club seats....that first elevated section is the best for me...

the floor is tricky...first you need to be close like 1st 5 rows in order to see unobstructed...but then you get the squeeze of all the people crowding therows that dont belong there...and hardly anyone sits down so you'll be standing the whole time...depending on the kind of concert that joint is liable toturn into a mosh pit at any given time
laugh.gif

the first elevated section is close...perfect view...you can sit when you want and still see etc - at this point id pay way more for a nice set of club seatsover front row...

Sittin super close in concerts are the worst but I thought you were speaking about a basketball game, in that case floor is best lol.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

funny i just argued this with my lil brother when we were tryna get tickets for the Jay show....i've sat everywhere from front, to balcony to the stage....now i only get loge/club seats....that first elevated section is the best for me...

the floor is tricky...first you need to be close like 1st 5 rows in order to see unobstructed...but then you get the squeeze of all the people crowding the rows that dont belong there...and hardly anyone sits down so you'll be standing the whole time...depending on the kind of concert that joint is liable to turn into a mosh pit at any given time
laugh.gif

the first elevated section is close...perfect view...you can sit when you want and still see etc - at this point id pay way more for a nice set of club seats over front row...
This man speaks the truth, lol. I was going to say, basically, the same thing. Floor CAN be better, depending on where you sit, but most of thetime elevated will be better.

And RHYTHMentality, gotta disagree. I'm an 'old head,' and the best show I've ever been to was a U2 show I had GA for, and was rightagainst the stage. Unbelievable to see them that close.

Peace,
J

Originally Posted by jshortt

This man speaks the truth, lol. I was going to say, basically, the same thing. Floor CAN be better, depending on where you sit, but most of the time elevated will be better.

And RHYTHMentality, gotta disagree. I'm an 'old head,' and the best show I've ever been to was a U2 show I had GA for, and was right against the stage. Unbelievable to see them that close.

Peace,
J

Ooh yeah, I definitely agree with you in that sense.

It's real fresh to see the artist that close, don't get me wrong...

But if you actually read what I said, I'm talkin' about in terms of your hearing afterwards.

How was it? You'd be lying if you said your hearing was immediately fine after the concert was over.

There's nothing like being front row at a concert. Period.

If you're worried about your hearing afterwards I think the answer is obvious. My ears ring for almost 2 full days, but it's well worth it.

As for viewing I think you'd have to go with the higher seats. Your girl may love the music, but if she can't see anything she might as well listen onher iPod and stay home. Unless you wanna play Marv Albert for the night and describe everything that's going on. Wait...don't play Marv Albert for thenight. Nvm.

im ordering tickets for the heart of the city tour, whats the best seats to be in???

im going to the show in the continental arena aka izod center

just went to the foo fighters concert 2 weeks ago.

IMO, having the floor seats was such an awesome experience, but it was ONLY because my friends and i were on the railing right in front of the main stage.

concerts, go elevated. i thought you were talking about basketball. floor is always better for basketball games.

IMO, having the floor seats was such an awesome experience, but it was ONLY because my friends and i were on the railing right in front of the main stage.
yo, i've got floor seats for the foos when they come here is there an acoustic stage still? should i kick it in front of where the acousticstage is or go to the main stage? i'm still thinkin...how long do they play at the acoustic?

but anyways just got my GA floor seats for 'Ye...3rd time seeing him GA been close every time....

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

concerts, go elevated. i thought you were talking about basketball. floor is always better for basketball games.

Have you people even sat courtside before? 2nd-4th row > Floor seats, dude. You're sitting down watching 6'7"+ guys playingbasketball...you're too low to the ground, it's not the best view. A couple rows back and you're perfect.

It depends how much you like the artists. If you are really into them, I would definitely want to be closer to them. If you would rather have a better musicalexperience, then take the risers.

Depends on the venue/concert/city

- If the floor seats are Reserved then it's good if your in the first 15 rows after that you can barely see the artist depending on how tall they are, witheveryone standing up you may not get a clear view.

- Here security don't play in major stadiums so they won't allow people to leave their seats and go to the front you'll be kicked out.

- If the Floor Section is standing room and not seats IMO it's not worth it because you can't sit, you gotta push around and you would have to get tothe venue MAD early to be line just to get a good spot.

- Elevated is good if your on either side of the stage and your in the first 10-20 rows since no one really is infront of you. Now with an artists like Kanyeit's even better because he moves ALL over the stage, someone like Jay he mainly is in the middle and from time to time moves to either end.

my general rule for floor seats.. if you're not in the first 20 rows.. you're better off being in the stands

Ahhh Don't say that I'm 28 seats to be exact away from the stage to the right side no less.

Originally Posted by DRETHEMAN

my general rule for floor seats.. if you're not in the first 20 rows.. you're better off being in the stands

Yup... and that's why I got tickets in the first 20 rows.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Have you people even sat courtside before? 2nd-4th row > Floor seats, dude. You're sitting down watching 6'7"+ guys playing basketball...you're too low to the ground, it's not the best view. A couple rows back and you're perfect.

I disagree, courtside at either hoop > 3-4 rows up.

Back
Top Bottom