Are IMac computers really good?

Just thought I'd ask the Iheads of NT if those imac computers are worth the purchase....I'm looking into purchasing the 24" joint that's onapple's website. I only own 2 products of apple(ipods) and thought I'd ask you guys(since I see a lot of apple threads) I'm in the market for a newpc between.

if you just want a PC for internet, ms word, and basic functions then buy a laptop for a few hundred, macbook doesn't really have value unless you plan ongetting a pro imo.

Originally Posted by Liquid Sword Chamber

if you just want a PC for internet, ms word, and basic functions then buy a laptop for a few hundred, macbook doesn't really have value unless you plan on
getting a pro imo.
but he said nothing about laptops...

get the imac.

Yea, they are worth it. I have a macbook pro now for school but will be replaceing my desktop with an iMac sometime soon i hope

those of you using bootcamp or parallels, don't you find it awkward using a mac keyboard with it when you play games?

does pluggin in a windows keyboard work?

i havent tried this yet.

Originally Posted by GREENREDGREEN

those of you using bootcamp or parallels, don't you find it awkward using a mac keyboard with it when you play games?

does pluggin in a windows keyboard work?

i havent tried this yet.

yes it does. the mac keyboard is exactly the same besides the option key really or apple key compared to the windows key.

i know its the same, but it just feels awkward to me when im playing a pc game.

i think it's mainly because of the function key bein in the corner instead of the ctrl key in the bottom left corner.

Originally Posted by ConcordeFliteSchool

dunkaroos, explain?
He must not have one then.
laugh.gif
jp

They look amazing and function very well. I myself don't have one, but many kids in my dorm do and they all love them, and I have enjoyed the time I'veused them. also the 24 inch is huge.
Overall I say go for and if you can use a student discount.

if you just want a PC for internet, ms word, and basic functions then buy a laptop for a few hundred, macbook doesn't really have value unless you plan on getting a pro imo.

the top end macbook is the same as the low end pro, except for the case, screen size, and graphics card, and costs 400 more

Back
Top Bottom