Are IMac computers really good?

From the reviews that I have read and being an owner of a Macbook. They are good. I am actually thinking of getting an iMac maybe this year and give my brothermy macbook...Or just keep my macbook. =P

Originally Posted by bjamez20

the top end macbook is the same as the low end pro, except for the case, screen size, and graphics card, and costs 400 more
Other than the Aluminum, 3/4 Express card slot, Firewire 800 port, Bigger screen, LED screen, backlit keyboard, smaller harddrive, and straight DVIcapabilities, and non magnetic closing, yes.

i think it's mainly because of the function key bein in the corner instead of the ctrl key in the bottom left corner.
What? Control is on the lower left corner of Apple's keyboard. My aftermarket keyboard (Macally iceKey) has control in the lower left corneras well.

When I'm using programs in CrossOver, control is control, and both my alt/option and command keys work as the PC alt key.

we must be talking bout different keyboards since i use a macbook, and it has "fn" on the corner.

and i know the buttons are the same, but in a game where i use my pinky to hit ctrl and it's not where the fn key is then it messes me up.

my bluetooth apple keyboard is also the same.

the iMac is amazing!!! I have the alumimac 20 inch 2.4 ghz. I love this computer and it's still running like new!!
I do all my work on this beast( adobe after effects, final cut pro, and photoshop) i can honestly run all the programs and it'll still runn great!!

2.2GHz Macbook Pro or 2.4HGz iMac 20"? Those are the two that I am interested in and besides the portability factor, what do you guys suggest I go with?

Originally Posted by BubbleGUMxSOLES

2.2GHz Macbook Pro or 2.4HGz iMac 20"? Those are the two that I am interested in and besides the portability factor, what do you guys suggest I go with?
Refurb 2.4 iMac.. it's a beast!

Our school gets macbooks for each student to keep until they graduate. At first I was like "I'm never going to switch to macs from PC." But after2 years of using the macbooks I LOVE them. And I'm actually saving up for one for when I graduate.

Back
Top Bottom