Are Land Rovers such as, range rover, discovery series, and etc. the worst cars to own???

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by imvictor

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

damn...i always wanted a range...guess i wont be getting one anymore
This
ohwell.gif

as if reading this is the only reason either of you aint coppin a rover tomorrow 
laugh.gif

going to pick out a graduation car in a few weeks and this was an option...get out of my pockets
eyes.gif
toma
TOMAAA

Crazy that they can charge 70k for a range, but they are terribly unreliable.. Are the new ranges any better?

Crazy that they can charge 70k for a range, but they are terribly unreliable.. Are the new ranges any better?

alot of the horror stories come from older ones...just like the older BMWs and other euros-

a car like that is one you don't wanna have out of warranty - they are just so tempting cause once that initial lease period/warranty period ends the prices drop like crazy...so you see them with 50k+ or 1 month left on the warranty for cheap but you gotta be ready to put in that work, literally
laugh.gif

i just passed on a 2003 with like 70ish on it for 10k ...i wanted to just cop it as an extra workhorse but decided against it...

edit: if your really interested go to the range rover/land rover forums...you will get a better picture of what years/models to avoid and what problems to look out for rather than a bunch of hearsay

alot of the horror stories come from older ones...just like the older BMWs and other euros-

a car like that is one you don't wanna have out of warranty - they are just so tempting cause once that initial lease period/warranty period ends the prices drop like crazy...so you see them with 50k+ or 1 month left on the warranty for cheap but you gotta be ready to put in that work, literally
laugh.gif

i just passed on a 2003 with like 70ish on it for 10k ...i wanted to just cop it as an extra workhorse but decided against it...

edit: if your really interested go to the range rover/land rover forums...you will get a better picture of what years/models to avoid and what problems to look out for rather than a bunch of hearsay

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by FDUB

With all the problems with this truck, why are they still being produced when they are not improving...

Because people are still buying them as is ... The only people who complain about the reliability are the people who buy them used and out of warranty.

With all the problems with this truck, why are they still being produced when they are not improving...

Because people are still buying them as is ... The only people who complain about the reliability are the people who buy them used and out of warranty.

My brother owns a 2005 HSE. His maintenance bills are through the roof, but he doesn't care because it's a "Range Rover." It's amazing all the things he has to bring it in the dealership for, but he already knew what he was getting himself into.

My brother owns a 2005 HSE. His maintenance bills are through the roof, but he doesn't care because it's a "Range Rover." It's amazing all the things he has to bring it in the dealership for, but he already knew what he was getting himself into.

I hear that they always have problems. Even the new ones. Electrical. Mechanical.

For the last 7-8 years they've ranked in the bottom 5 in terms of reliability of all car companies AND the range rover in particular has been in the bottom 5 of all cars on average in the same time period.

Their reliability issues are EXTREMELY unattractive to the point that the lust I had for ever wanting one has completely shifted. Ya'll can keep feeling like you're in a rap video. I'm straight on that.

Porsche Cayenne and I'm straight.

People just buy things for the image so I guess the company has no reason to change it. Its the most expensive truck out so people like to flex.

I hear that they always have problems. Even the new ones. Electrical. Mechanical.

For the last 7-8 years they've ranked in the bottom 5 in terms of reliability of all car companies AND the range rover in particular has been in the bottom 5 of all cars on average in the same time period.

Their reliability issues are EXTREMELY unattractive to the point that the lust I had for ever wanting one has completely shifted. Ya'll can keep feeling like you're in a rap video. I'm straight on that.

Porsche Cayenne and I'm straight.

People just buy things for the image so I guess the company has no reason to change it. Its the most expensive truck out so people like to flex.

Originally Posted by flight23air

laugh.gif
even the dudes on Top Gear make fun of the poor reputation of the car.  And they love the car but even they will admit that it will break down.  

on the flip side they can go through some pretty tough conditions.

Your joking right? In regards to the Ranger: Thats the is the last SUV I'd take off the road.
laugh.gif

I've seen these %@*%! get stuck in mud/snow sooooo easily.

Originally Posted by flight23air

laugh.gif
even the dudes on Top Gear make fun of the poor reputation of the car.  And they love the car but even they will admit that it will break down.  

on the flip side they can go through some pretty tough conditions.

Your joking right? In regards to the Ranger: Thats the is the last SUV I'd take off the road.
laugh.gif

I've seen these %@*%! get stuck in mud/snow sooooo easily.

I really don't understand how this car can have such a notorious history of unreliability and NEVER improve.

If people won't stop buying it do you guys think theres another way to get this company to do better by its consumer base?

I really don't understand how this car can have such a notorious history of unreliability and NEVER improve.

If people won't stop buying it do you guys think theres another way to get this company to do better by its consumer base?

Do you guys think ford motor company had something to to do with their lackluster quality when it was under them?

Ford doesn't make Land Rovers anymore
land rover quality was suspect way before ford owned them.  ford didn't buy them til 2000 (from BMW 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
).  

Do you guys think ford motor company had something to to do with their lackluster quality when it was under them?

Ford doesn't make Land Rovers anymore
land rover quality was suspect way before ford owned them.  ford didn't buy them til 2000 (from BMW 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
).  

that's silly.
you buy a NEW car and it's in the shop every other month, you don't think you'd complain too b/c it's "still under warranty?"

I know someone who had a lease for one.. at the end of the lease they said they'd NEVER buy one again..terrible car. 

that's silly.
you buy a NEW car and it's in the shop every other month, you don't think you'd complain too b/c it's "still under warranty?"

I know someone who had a lease for one.. at the end of the lease they said they'd NEVER buy one again..terrible car. 

Back
Top Bottom