Are rappers like Pac, Big L, Eazy E, and Biggie really considered great cuz of their talent?

this shouldn't even really be a question if you listened to their music...

I don't think that anyone would consider a person great because of their death.

It is based on talent.

People recognize what talent they had even more when they are gone.

I knew of Big L from various guest spots, etc... but Big L's true talent was a real surprise to me once I listened to his albums... Dope...

those individuals you named are greats because of their talents and the fact that they were taken away so early before they really had a chance to reach theirprimes.

just because you die doesnt make you a great. for example, im from the bay so no disrespect but everyone cries that mac dre (rip) is the g-o-d of the bay arearap scene. the sad part is he was hardly gettin recognition in the bay before he died. he has a couple cool songs but in no way is he the best to do it fromthe bay.

so in a way, their status was lifted after they passed but theres no doubt that big, pac, big l, and eazy e were extremely talented

I think that since they died that gives them more exposure and hence why people think that these guys are the GOAT.

They were all talented
whether it be lyrically(L,Biggie and Pac) or At making songs(Eazy)

But I dont think Pac was a great lyricist

i mean the way they died were so g in my book. they really lived what they rhymed about.

laugh.gif
of course, it's because of their talents. have you listened to them?

Big L would have been just another rapper if he hadn't died. The hype around him is based on the potential he had in the mainstream. I'm not sayinghe's bad, but people act like he's some sort of saint in the rap genre.

Tupac and Biggie I throw into the Kurt Cobain group of the fact they almost "had to" die (don't get this confused with the world needing them todie). They dominated the game but there was this uneasy tension the entire time, and when they died, it was almost too perfect an ending.

Definitely their talent...go listen to a Biggie and Pac album....speaks for itself

Definitely their talent...you don't hear about Pimp C and Stack Bundles (RIP) being great even though they're dead.

you dont hear em talkin bout freaky tah like that. must be the talent.

Definitely their talent...you don't hear about Pimp C and Stack Bundles (RIP) being great even though they're dead.

True... But wow... that's some statement. Very true still
tired.gif

The hype around their death is more than anything. Pac murdered on LA strip. Eazy E died of aids. Big L died of mistaken identity. Big died after Pac in Cali.Sounds like movie endings if you ask me.

what's that Jada line? about "dead rappers gettin better promotion" I think most of these cats WOULD NOT be runnin the rap game right now likeppl say.

people dont respect eazy e as a person(grimey a hole) or rapper really...they respect him for bringin out nwa...no eazy = no dre, EVER...

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

The hype around their death is more than anything. Pac murdered on LA strip. Eazy E died of aids. Big L died of mistaken identity. Big died after Pac in Cali.
Sounds like movie endings if you ask me.

Pac died in Vegas.

Back
Top Bottom