Are Shoeboxes A Key Part of a Collection?

Do you keep your shoeboxes

• Yes . I’m a true “sneaker head” and I hold that corny title proudly

Votes: 31 86.1%
  • Nah. Takes up too much space

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
The shoe boxes from container store are legit and also the over the door shoe rack from bath and beyond.

If I had a nice variety of shoe boxes I'd do something like this.

Thanks for sharing, I might do this. But only to shoes I deem aren’t worth of value to keep the box.

Wouldn’t dare cut my Kobe boxes.

the packaging made these excellent imo:
1584226480830.jpeg

That generic orange Nike box is getting tossed every time. I keep jordan boxes and anything I have doubled in the box in a separate storage area.

Random Resell shops will put a slight tear in the box so you can't sell it on StockX LOL!!!

frickin' haters breh!

if I don't need it for storage purposes it gets broken down & disposed of, I think the old Nike boxes from the 90's have chemicals in them that have the possibility of eventually causing damage the sneakers. I may have even read that from a decent enough source or maybe they said it was just the tissue paper that may do this.

if I don't need it for storage purposes it gets broken down & disposed of, I think the old Nike boxes from the 90's have chemicals in them that have the possibility of eventually causing damage the sneakers. I may have even read that from a decent enough source or maybe they said it was just the tissue paper that may do this.

And plastics can outgas which could potentially damage the sneakers as well.

The answer is yes to the question in the title but it is a matter of perspective.

Is the original packaging/box a key part of toy collecting?
How serious of a collector are you? Or how much money do you have?

The answer is yes to the question in the title but it is a matter of perspective.

Is the original packaging/box a key part of toy collecting?
How serious of a collector are you? Or how much money do you have?
good point(s), I'm strictly a wearer which is a contributing factor to the box getting destroyed if I don't need it for storage. Highly significant footwears w/ the original box should command a higher premium. The old crumbling sneakers still hold value in the design/mold, I have mixed feelings about retros that aren't done very well but I have bought them before so I guess that says enough.

Last edited:
don't like keeping them in boxes, even if DS

i store in drop fronts. generic GR boxes get tossed. unique boxes can stay

I keep my boxes but have largely switched to drop fronts. If you keep the boxes and have drop fronts thats when it really takes up space because now you are storing empty boxes. Maybe i need to break down all the boxes.

Hmm, a bit off topic but, do you guys wear your outside shoes in the house?

Back
Top Bottom