Are The Orlanda Magic Really That Desperate For A GM? Edit- False Alarm But It Would Be Funny Though

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

So what if he can't speak proper English, what does that have to do with his potential to run an organization?
I understand you like to play Devil's advocate but this doesn't even make sense
What you mean? It worked for the Nigerian scammer.

So what if he can't speak proper English, what does that have to do with his potential to run an organization?

wait wut?

Originally Posted by jmause3

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Whatever it takes to get him off TNT.
Get Webb back on Inside the NBA!!!
That's another thing that'll disappoint ppl. CWebb will only be there occasionally if Shaq leaves. He's not a big enough name or compelling enough personality or even that great of an analyst to fill the 4th seat contract. TNT would just go back to the main 3, rotate the guest 4th seat and probably rehire Shaq after he's done being GM.

If I were a Magic fan I'd be heated if this happened

But I'd love to see how he'd do.

Shaq is like a female when it comes to attention. This isn't the first time he's tried to make headlines in the middle of the playoffs.

This would be the dumbest decision the Magic could make.

No way he could run a team, most of his arguments would be around how he is better than player A will ever be, so they deserve less money than he made. Or some bull-honkey like that.

Right?

Charles Barkley as an IT guy>>>>Shaq as a GM. This would be one of the worst if not the worst hires in sports ever
laugh.gif

Flashback

Team Shaq

Blake Griffin
Jeremy Lin
Ricky Rubio
Greg Monroe
Markieff Morris
Kemba Walker
Landry Fields
Norris Cole
Brandon Knight
Tristan Thompson

Team Barkley

John Wall
Kyrie Irving
DeMarcus Cousins
Paul George
Derrick Williams
Marshon Brooks
Gordon Hayward
Tiago Splitter
Kawhi Leonard
Evan Turner

Now envision Shaq putting together a team without the luxury of a pre-selected pool.�

Spoiler [+]
amway-arena-demolition-o.gif
Spoiler [+]
3323zbq.gif

I get where DC is coming from.....i mean Shaq may not sound like the sharpest guy out there, but he seems pretty smart, and he has basketball sense. I could definitely see Shaq as a GM one day

Originally Posted by thachosen123

I get where DC is coming from.....i mean Shaq may not sound like the sharpest guy out there, but he seems pretty smart, and he has basketball sense. I could definitely see Shaq as a GM one day

Are you serious? Dude is terrible at explaining, discussing, and breaking down the game. He says dudes should increase their scoring aggregate 6 points in the playoffs. Idk what tnt show you are watching but shaq is not a guy you want in your front office.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Are you serious? Dude is terrible at explaining, discussing, and breaking down the game. He says dudes should increase their scoring aggregate 6 points in the playoffs. Idk what tnt show you are watching but shaq is not a guy you want in your front office.

Ok, so what he's not great as a TV analyst? I don't think that has anything to do with how he would fare as a GM tho

I'm pretty sure that Jerry Krause wouldn't be a good basketball analyst either, but he was a great GM weather you like him or not.

Just sayin'

What do you mean it doesn't make sense? None of us know how good of a GM he will make. That is all I am saying. So what if he doesn't speak proper English, that has NOTHING to do with how well he will be able to run a team. It isn't about playing Devil's Advocate it is about you all trying to play prohet mohammed. We don't know how he will do and we have nothing to base it off of.
And so what if he isn't great on tv? What does that have to do with his potential GM abilities? Nothing. How are you all trying to make that connection? It isn't there. If it happens we will just have to wait and see but to believe he won't do well because of non-gm tasks is ridiculous. 

If English is his FIRST language, then that's a problem. 

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Lets not play dumb. People are saying he can't speak proper English because he speaks in an Urban Dialect. So don't hype it up as if folks can't understand what the hell he is saying.

Also keep in mind, his gimmick on TV calls for that. I have heard Shaq articulate his thoughts when the time is right. But that isn't what he does on TNT. That isn't his character on that show.
So again, citing THAT as the reason why he will fail as a GM is foolish.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Lets not play dumb. People are saying he can't speak proper English because he speaks in an Urban Dialect. So don't hype it up as if folks can't understand what the hell he is saying.

Also keep in mind, his gimmick on TV calls for that. I have heard Shaq articulate his thoughts when the time is right. But that isn't what he does on TNT. That isn't his character on that show.
So again, citing THAT as the reason why he will fail as a GM is foolish.
Yeah, let's not play dumb... I was clearly joking. 
grin.gif

I'm gonna piggyback here...

Let's put his articulation and his seemingly inability to express his thoughts in an intelligent manner aside.

The MAIN reason I wouldn't want Shaq as my team's GM is because of his work-ethic.  Dude didn't take basketball seriously.  Year after year this guy would use training camp and 3/4 of the season to get his %## in shape. 

You have guys like Stan Presti and others around the league who are crunching numbers, using advanced stats, amongst other things...and you're gonna tell me that Shaq is going to put in LONG hours in the office to do these types of things to shape the identity of a franchise????  C'mon now. 
laugh.gif

Look at how things are backfiring for Jordan.  He was the opposite of Shaq in his playing days (in regards to work-ethic) and things are not working out because people are saying he has interests elsewhere than doing what's best for the team.  Shaq has his hands in A LOT of things outside of basketball.  Being a GM is a full-time job and shouldn't be used as a hobby.  This would be an epic failure and a joke.  

Since DC like analogies, it would be like making Waka Flocka the CEO of Def Jam.  I mean he can't speak proper English, but what does that have to do with his potential to run a record label?

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

Flashback

Team Shaq

Blake Griffin
Jeremy Lin
Ricky Rubio
Greg Monroe
Markieff Morris
Kemba Walker
Landry Fields
Norris Cole
Brandon Knight
Tristan Thompson

Team Barkley

John Wall
Kyrie Irving
DeMarcus Cousins
Paul George
Derrick Williams
Marshon Brooks
Gordon Hayward
Tiago Splitter
Kawhi Leonard
Evan Turner

Now envision Shaq putting together a team without the luxury of a pre-selected pool.�

Spoiler [+]
amway-arena-demolition-o.gif
Spoiler [+]
3323zbq.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Shaq as a GM would be horrible. He's going to bully his way into that job I can see it.

As far as TNT goes  *raises hand* I thought it was going to be great but now I see why most players hate him. Put my man Cwebb up there with EJ, Kenny, and Chuck

Shaq speaks pretty well actually.

He might be corny and annoying but if you want to talk about people who can't speak English, just listen to Chuck. Dude messes up words on the regular on the air.

And its funny, most of you guys probably think he would be a good GM.

So I agree with DC, none of us really know if Shaq is qualified or not.

Agree with the trolling part. This is likely nothing other than backroom fake news to allow ESPN's writers to circle jerk themselves for clicks. Someone mentioned Chris Brousard having a hand in breaking this news? That's all I really need to know then. Shaq is likely just a token interview but Brousard now gets to hammer us with this storyline as this is the most important news this side of Tebow.

But let's say Orlando does take a guy like Shaq seriously for this opening. For how comical that really would be we also have to stop and realize NBA GM's are all not very good aside from the top guys.....and teams just cycle the same ones into new jobs, then fire them, then repeat.

Back
Top Bottom