Are the Yeezy's the best non-retro Nike shoe of this decade?

IMO they are. Besides the Hyperdunks, which I think are only good for playing ball in and I would never wear with jeans,
the Yeezy's are the illest pair of kicks I've seen from Nike that we've seen this decade. Im not feeling any of the Kobe's
or LeBron's, although I know some people swear by them, I think they're wack. I don't know why Nike fell off so hard
from what they were producing in the '90s like the Pennys, Pippens, Air Maxs, Barkleys, Foams, the whole nine. They need
to get back to making those classic sneakers, the ones that would cause static when retroed. Maybe next decade tho.

If you disagree, what og shoe would you was the best of this decade?

I think the Yeezy's are wack, just look like another pair of mixed up hybrids to me.

it can't really be called an og designed shoe at all imo. anyone can look at the thing and see all the shoes it takes its ideas from. just likespiz'ikes the way i see it, these are better fusions though. im not a fan of them, but to each his own.

These shoes are only worth a damn because Kanye's name is attached to them.

If these were a standard GR by Nike: $14.99 on clearance racks easily

^yep.. the strap isnt even used.. functionality dismissed.. its a true disaster shoe imo.. from a design statepoint atleast

I cant believe the hype over these ugly things

They look like space boots huge tongue and Velcro strap people tucking there jeans in them like its 1988.

Im sorry but ina few years when dudes with these look back theyll be like damn why i buy these it was an at the time trend that blew up from Kanye I just dontsee that style of shoe being a long term classic its all hype and no substance.

Ugly ugly shoes big clunky pieces of &*$£

Peace
Scottie

I mean I respect Kanye for designing the shoe. I think they're okay. Probably won't cop.

From the looks of things he took cues from shoes he wears on the regular and combined them. Which I think is dope.

The midsole - AJ III, Tongue - AJ V, Height and Midfoot strap - Ato's, and the toe area is obviously taken from the - Bape Roadsta.

Not too much creativity I know, but I guess he saved the craziness for his Louis Vuitton sneakers. I think them boat's are clean as hell.

Yeezy's are
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I really don't see what's the hype around the shoe beyond a rappers' name. To me it looks like a boot with a strap and 1988 sole. And you sayit's a good shoe to rock casually. This may be true, but only casually. You made the examples with the Bron's and the Kobe's these are performanceshoes not casual shoes. Maybe i feel this way cause my ball shoes only touch the court. Now to answer your question no. Sorry for the rant i shall nowdigress.

Yeezy's are whack. Kanye is whack.

you said of this decade? meaning last 10 years, or since 2000?

either way thats way too many shoes for me to think about, but the one that stands out the most to me was....

(last 10 years)
Gold-Flightposite-Nike-Basketball.jpg

This topic is pointless and i would say stick it in the OTHER KANYE YEEZY THREAD but i'd rather just see this locked and not repeated.

The best OG designed nike...??

How the hell do you "OG design" a new shoe??

That doesn't even make any damn sense.

Originally Posted by geminifly

For those of you that disagree, what shoe would you say is the best of this decade?

are we talking performance and looks combined?? My vote has the ultraflight up there quite high we're going back quite a ways to 2002.... booty designbuilt into a plastic shell.. performance was out of this world.

IMO they are. Besides the Hyperdunks, which I think are only good for playing ball in and I would never wear with jeans,
the Yeezy's are the illest pair of kicks I've seen from Nike that we've seen this decade. Im not feeling any of the Kobe's
or LeBron's, although I know some people swear by them, I think they're wack. I don't know why Nike fell off so hard
from what they were producing in the '90s like the Pennys, Pippens, Air Maxs, Barkleys, Foams, the whole nine. They need
to get back to making those classic sneakers, the ones that would cause static when retroed. Maybe next decade tho.

If you disagree, what og shoe would you was the best of this decade?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

well first of, the yeezy's is basically a combination of kanyes previous stage shoes.. the ato, af1's jordan 4's so i wouldnt call them "thebest" and for that matter ORIGINAL, yeah, they look "great" but that really is subjective. and besides not all people are swayed by just thelooks of the shoe ( and the yeezy's DOESNT even LOOK GOOD), a shoe needs to perform well.

what shoe, well if its the shoe of the decade, there are alot of candidates, the bb4'ws, ultraflights, 2k4's, lebron 2's and 3''s (whichdoes look good with jeans.) the shox stunner, vc2-4's, the flightposites, the presto's(though its not a very strong candidate), i agrre with ATribe,the 4's were real nice, and did what a sig should do, polarize the mass market.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

For those of you that disagree, what shoe would you say is the best of this decade?

are we talking performance and looks combined?? My vote has the ultraflight up there quite high we're going back quite a ways to 2002.... booty design built into a plastic shell.. performance was out of this world.
I was generally talking about the design and I was basing it on shoes released since 2000.

@manglor I should have said the "best non-retro" of this decade and not put the Yeezy in the title. I just did it because that was my
answer to the question.

I'm surprised that no one is upset as I am that the designs from this decade compared to the '90s is not even close. I wanted to start
a dialogue about how and why Nike fell off. I mean, I haven't bought a non-retro Nike or JB shoe besides the Spiz'ike and Dub Zeros
in about 10 years or so. None of the kicks that have been mentioned thus far are hot to me. Whereas when I was coming up, you
would be hard pressed to find a sig shoe that wasn't ill, plus all of the other releases.

i have no hate for the yeezy's, but honestly... they're far from the best new nikes this decade. i'd go with the LB4's or the hyperdunks...

Back
Top Bottom