Are Timberland boots played out?

Hey speaking of which does anyone have a plug on getting the 10061 6 inch premium wheats for under retail?

I see people talking about they're waiting for a Black Friday sale, but those never go on sale for some reason.

Check Amazon. I copped a pair around this time last year for $100 couldn't believe it. The purchase was fulfilled by Shoebuy.com so you may want to check there as well.

I'm from the DMV area and I know exactly what you mean..LOL! Dang, I forgot about the WB store..lmao!!!! Only people I see wear 6'' butters around here are hipster type dudes.. lol

False....

I see folks(non-hipsters) wearing them around DC and MD. Myself included. Timbs are too timeless to be considered played out :nthat:

Last edited:
I think the notion of them being played out has alot to do with age tho. for my age (27) all my friends and the people i hang around have been rocking timbs and never really stopped.

Its the younger crowd that seem to have sparked this "resurgence" of the timb. it was never gone for us tho. and with any trend or fad it gets played out eventually.

So i think for the older heads they can never play out cause they were never a fad or trend. similar to Polo.
But with the younger generation, they see it as the typical moving trend.

just my thoughts.

Never played out.

Timbs that are at the outlets or on sale at Macy's are lesser quality than the ones from the official timberland store FYI, the classic 6inch wheat timbs mostly but still.

They dont sell 6" premiums for under retail at the timberland store... u see the worker boots if theyre 89.99. No two tone sole or plush lining plus i feel like the material itself is different. Also the stitching is fake on the 80 dollar jauns

I pay 150 for a pair about every third year and always will :pimp:

Never.

Idk where y'all live but never in NY. Form+Function is untouchable.

I think the notion of them being played out has alot to do with age tho. for my age (27) all my friends and the people i hang around have been rocking timbs and never really stopped.

Its the younger crowd that seem to have sparked this "resurgence" of the timb. it was never gone for us tho. and with any trend or fad it gets played out eventually.

So i think for the older heads they can never play out cause they were never a fad or trend. similar to Polo.
But with the younger generation, they see it as the typical moving trend.

just my thoughts.

Repped. This pretty much sums it up. Although I put my Timbs away in like 04. Only ones I wear now are black Helcors that I got as a gift from DTLR last year. Came in a briefcase type box similar to the XVIIs with my name in it. Only wear those when there's snow on the ground tho.

This is like the ninjahood bat signal.

:rofl:

LMFAO

i left the timberland game and stepped it up to handmade premium waterproof joints str8 outta Maine.

230122_2764_41

Wear a pair of constructs damn near everyday in the winter.

Are those red boots Pharrell rocking really Timbs??? Those are wild :smokin

A stop at the timberland outlet during x mas time is like a yearly staple for us

6" wheats and blacks for 89.99>>>>>

Yeah, but those 6" wheats you're getting from the outlets for $90 are not the premium ones.

They let the black nubuck 6" premiums go on sale, but you probably did not buy the product code 10061 for $90 at the timberland outlet.

If it was then put me on :nerd: :D

Well damn, wasnt it like just last month dudes were talking about Timbs making a "comeback"?

This new gen dont know how to be, how to act. :lol:

Last edited:
I feel like it really depends how you wear em.

I havent worn a pair since i was like 8 though. kanyeshrug

Pretty much this, except I'd say 11 ('99) for me.

As far as stuff getting played out, my cousin (who's a junior in high school) was killing me telling me about a time he was decked out in USPA. His exact words were "I was USPA down boy", but didn't say that as the initials, but as a word ("US-PUH"). Said he had the shoes, the jeans, and the shirt with US POLO ASSN on the back, and everybody was BAGGING on him like crazy :rofl: :rofl:

Ditto to feeture feeture 's post, perfect way to sum it up

Last edited:
Lol at comeback. It never left.

Timbs aren't Puma Disc Blazes and ****. It's not cool one winter and lame the next.

People wear it because they are genuinely good boots for the weather and they look good.

Wheats are the all-around favorite but Black Nubucks imo are :pimp:

^
Wait a few weeks for a sale. Sign up for ll bean emails too. Bought a thinsulate lined pair on sale last year in December.

False....

I see folks(non-hipsters) wearing them around DC and MD. Myself included. Timbs are too timeless to be considered played out :nthat:
I know what you're saying. I'm 26 and I've always thought timberlands would never go out of style, but it was a time where nike boots really took over and timbs weren't nearly as popular here in the DMV. Overall, 6'' premium butters will never go out of style. I still will take the Nike Air Max Goadome ACG's comfort over the 6'' premium boot though.

40 below goat and black timbs and nice dark brown timbs are forever

NY fashion >

Back
Top Bottom