Are you a failure in life if you live with your Grandma @ 30 years old?

Topic

I wrote down some goals (short and long-term).
Just realized I won't be able to move out (buy a home) until maybe 30 years old.

I can probably only save like 5-7 Gs a year. 
I pay 1G in rent each month cus my Grandma is mentally disabled aka she can't stop spending her credit card money.

I don't know much about real estate but heard down payments are like 20% of the cost of the home or something.
If I plan to buy a duplex which cost $350,000 not including the cost of borrowing money.. 20% of that is 70Gs
I would have to save for 8-9 years.

My thought process is I'm disregard female and acquire money but...
If I do try to take a girl home to my Grandmas house she gonna str8 up think Imma loser. 
I need my own place but I want to avoid paying rent and leaving my Grandma cus she gonna be homeless and I do love her.
I want to buy a duplex so she can live in the back while I live in the front.. I'll just pay for both houses.

I am black and 15 years old.  I'm just trying to figure stuff out financially... but my dad left my fam when he found out my moms was preg.
The internet is my only resource for knowledge so I need yalls help on this.  Please give me some insight thanks.

Sorry no cliffs cus I'm rambling.

If you're paying the bills their then it doesent matter. I'm guessing you have your own car? Nothing really 'loser' going on there

did you really just call your grandma that?
tired.gif

Anyways this thread smells funny. I'll check back later.

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

Originally Posted by notes32

not if your grandma is cool.

my grandma smokes weed.. but shes far from cool.
shes a typical porch monkey.. always tryna bum money off me.
what a very large bowl of hatred you spilled up your family tree young man.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by solefood229

If you're only 15 where are you getting a G a month from?

He said he is paying 1,000/month for rent. I assume he is making more.

He probably dropped out of school and workin full time.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Ya spot HAS to cost 350k?

Well I live in Socal so I'm assuming thats how much it cost at the low end... I specifically need a duplex tho for my situation.
I know duplexes (2 houses on 1 lot) are generally easier to get bank loans if you live in 1 and rent the other.
the banks count the money generated from the other tenent as part of your income i think... imma do more research.. hopefully someone has more info.

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

how are you gettin that type of money at the age of 15?...

I get paid 17/hour as a bookkeeper.  I lied on my resume to get the job.. i put a fake college degree on my resume.
Googled some information about bookkeeping and accounting so the interview was pretty smooth.  i look older than I am also.

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford

Good news is your grandma will most likely be dead when you're thirty

prolly... I might have to look into single family homes if thats the case.

So this job of yours...

Didn't check your references?

Didn't ask for your Social Security #?

Didn't do a background check?

Didn't check any ID?

Hm...

Originally Posted by iamsaikotic

So this job of yours...

Didn't check your references?

Didn't ask for your Social Security #?

Didn't do a background check?

Didn't check any ID?

Hm...

Who would've guessed GUTTA BOB would deal in a shady business venture 
eyes.gif

Rethink your plan completely OP. You're only 15 is that really how you want to spend the rest of your life?

I get paid 17/hour as a bookkeeper. I lied on my resume to get the job.. i put a fake college degree on my resume.
Googled some information about bookkeeping and accounting so the interview was pretty smooth. i look older than I am also.

Wait, what?
laugh.gif

Trollin' at an all-time high this month
roll.gif

Originally Posted by kickstart

Rethink your plan completely OP. You're only 15 is that really how you want to spend the rest of your life?

I'm tired of being poor all my life... all my fam is content with living off foodstamps and governement housing.

I'm trying to finish school and get money.  What do I need to do?  My ultimate plan is to buy a house.  After that I don't know.

What is you see in my plan that is wrong?

What about high school? No way in hell you work a full time job and attend high school.
How are you gonna get into college without a high school diploma? Lying doesn't make you cool, just desperate. 

Originally Posted by MonStar1

did you really just call your grandma that?
tired.gif

Anyways this thread smells funny. I'll check back later.
Damb son you was right.   

Back
Top Bottom