Are you ever too old to wear sneakers cqasually?

For all the 30+ rocking sneakers: Do ya'll have "nice" jobs/careers? Like are ya'll doctors, lawyers, or stuff like that? I think that makes a difference, too.

For all the 30+ rocking sneakers: Do ya'll have "nice" jobs/careers? Like are ya'll doctors, lawyers, or stuff like that? I think that makes a difference, too.

I'm 32 & I wear all my sneakers to work. I can wear whatever i want. But I work in IT so I know it's different from doctors. Been @ my company for for 9 years.

Yes you gotta grow up eventually. After 20 i only wore kicks for sporrs.

You work anywhere relevant you have to wear shoes.
You go out to any relevant spot on the weekend... Shoes.

As for weekends and hanging with friends, yeah i guess but legit i'd almost be embarassed of my appearance if i ran into certain folks

Get the **** out of here with this. "Embarrassed" wearing sneakers on the weekend? This sounds so foolish.

I can't imagine anyone taking life advice from someone spewing this nonsense.

Anytime someone on here uses the term "relevant", it it usually an instant fail.

Won't get into specifics, but let's just say I do well for myself, have a wife and family, I'm over 30 and yes, I still wear Jordans, Forces etc. Constantly.

i seen a old dude the other day in some XI's... he was easily in his mid 50 or so.. white guy too.. i thought it was cool.. I wear sneakers everyday, when i m going out i dress quite dapper.. no sneaks no jeans no t shirts... ladies love a man who can dress either way appropriately

depends on the person really. i stopped wearing all jordans because one day i was at the mall and i saw waves and waves of kids all wearing the same few jordan releases, shirts too big, pants hanging off their backsides and what not. just decided i didn't want to be associated with that.

dress shoes monday-friday for work, on the weekends i'll wear some nike free runs, roshe runs, or air maxes.

im 22 btw

No need to get butt hurt. meeting clients or potential connects llike you about to run a pick up game :rofl: you do you and im going to do me. I like to look my best always.

Getting turned down at the door b/c of your shoes, you really going to act like this doesn't happen.

No need to get butt hurt. meeting clients or potential connects llike you about to run a pick up game :rofl: you do you and im going to do me. I like to look my best always.

Getting turned down at the door b/c of your shoes, you really going to act like this doesn't happen.

:lol:

You use terms like "butthurt" and you're worried about what you wear on your feet?

Good luck son. Please, continue to "do you".

Dog, I've been to the biggest and best clubs in the world in sneakers. NY, Miami, LA, Ibiza. And I'm talking Air Max, J's, Air Force. Not even Lanvin etc.

Any halfway decent club has the same policy....it's not what you wear, it's how you wear it.

The only clubs that do the "no sneakers" BS are the clubs that are trying too hard to be fly. On Long Island n' ****.

Maybe you didn't get turned down because of your shoes.....

Last edited:
Lol it's funny because I feel like when I get older and have a better job I'll be buying even more shoes. My uncle is like 35 and wears his foams religiously.

Nope. Pop tart is just rustling jimmies, its prime time business hours and this man is on NIKETALK, talkin bout he'd be embarrassed if he was caught in sneakers. :lol: How do you think they feel about you being on a site called NIKETALK?

Bruh, those who try, are not.

If you feel like you have to dress a certain way to be considered an adult, you're probably not.

Real talk, I have on a polo(tucked), chinos and Concords right now(to be honest, this is my first time doing it). Once you got get caught looking at or talking about sneakers a few times and get labeled, "The sneaker guy", if you know how to play it you can get a pass. I worked at Chase for 5 years and wore the grit sbs damn near everyday.

I'm 38; been collecting since my late teens so the collection has built up. Still wear Nikes & other kicks to work since it's a casual wear environment.

Wear mostly Air Maxes, OG AMs, sometimes Foams/Jordans, Saucony, New Balance, etc., nothing too wild colorway wise.

Retroes have been a blessing (get the shoe you couldn't get as a teen in the 90s!) and a curse (horrible build quality, cardboard pleather, painted insta-crack midsoles, smaller air units) but hey, you sometimes take what you can get (or find)

I've given my Dad some of my kicks and he rocks them daily as well, he's almost 70 so yep, no age limit on kicks I guess.

:lol:

You use terms like "butthurt" and you're worried about what you wear on your feet?

Good luck son. Please, continue to "do you".

Dog, I've been to the biggest and best clubs in the world in sneakers. NY, Miami, LA, Ibiza. And I'm talking Air Max, J's, Air Force. Not even Lanvin etc.

Any halfway decent club has the same policy....it's not what you wear, it's how you wear it.

The only clubs that do the "no sneakers" BS are the clubs that are trying too hard to be fly. On Long Island n' ****.

Maybe you didn't get turned down because of your shoes.....
you're 30 and still wearing kicks on a daily basis. One day you'll grow up. I never been turned down at the door in my life. You're not getting to the biggest and best anything with sneakers so miss me on that. You can buy your way in, or depending how much money you throw for bottle service or who you may be with. But cash speaks over everything. These the same type of dudes trying to wear spacejams to proms and weddings :lol:

Edit: no **** people are passionate about kicks on niketalk. I use to be thats why im here but i've outgrown all of that

Last edited:
The funny thing is that you actually believe that what you wear on your feet has anything to do with growing up. You have a lot to learn.

If I cared to get into detail, I could really make you look incredibly foolish with the idea of me paying to get into any club.

"miss me on that". "butt hurt". Yes, you certainly sound like the arbiter of maturity and "growing up".

Prom? What does someone going to prom have to do with wearing sneakers when you're older? You're all over the place.

I wore a Hugo Boss tux and proper patent leather shoes to my wedding BTW. Another completely idiotic comparison to wearing sneakers on the weekend.

You sound like you have a lot more to worry about than just your footwear kiddo. Get your mind right.

It had to do with your overall look and appearance. Internet slang shouldn't be so foreign or strange to a man with 14,000 ******g posts. Jesus.

there's a time and place for everything. I also don't carry my belongings in a superman backpack because i've tossed it for a brief case but maybe i'm just too concerned about a facade of growing up.

there's a time and place for everything.

Oh the irony.....

You haven't even been smart enough to ask if maybe....just maybe....my profession allows me to wear sneakers daily.

Are you oblivious to the possibility that sneakers can me a part of the everyday dress code in some industries? Because you're living by hard and fast rules of what being an "adult" is?

A grown man like yourself uses "internet slang"? Do you get "all da yambs" too?

"Superman backpack" extremes to try to make a point?

You got it.

you're 30 and still wearing kicks on a daily basis. One day you'll grow up. I never been turned down at the door in my life. You're not getting to the biggest and best anything with sneakers so miss me on that. You can buy your way in, or depending how much money you throw for bottle service or who you may be with. But cash speaks over everything. These the same type of dudes trying to wear spacejams to proms and weddings
laugh.gif

Edit: no **** people are passionate about kicks on niketalk. I use to be thats why im here but i've outgrown all of that
Lol I can tell this is the kind of guy who has no game and needs cash to approach/develop a relationship with women.

"the biggest and best anything", cause that's all people worry about 
grin.gif

Yes you gotta grow up eventually. After 20 i only wore kicks for sporrs.

You work anywhere relevant you have to wear shoes.
You go out to any relevant spot on the weekend... Shoes.

As for weekends and hanging with friends, yeah i guess but legit i'd almost be embarassed of my appearance if i ran into certain folks
i have to agree with this, one girl i knew wouldnt go out with me if i wore foams or 13's she classified them as moon boots... her old man let me drive the 550 a couple times though
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom