Are you pushing it financially? Those who spend heavy or once did - UNITE

Just been shaking my head at myself lately, as my finances aren't terrible, but I'm not prepared for a rainy day at all.

I do have a 401k and a Roth with decent amounts, but I don't really count that as savings.

Last edited:
My income fluctuates so much so I have to keep a nice savings I've learned. Like right now I'm making 13.50. :lol: I can't live off that. If it wasn't for saving a bunch over the summer I'd be screwed but I'm straight since I did that. I'm just not trying to blow through it.

I don't have any retirement saved I've never worked a job with benefits. I don't have a car payment or cc bills either. Just rent.

Money comes and goes with me but I'm never desperate. Just might have to skip a vacation or something sometimes.

Just been shaking my head at myself lately, as my finances aren't terrible, but I'm not prepared for a rainy day at all.

I do have a 401k and a Roth with decent amounts, but I don't really count that as savings.

Basically I'm living outside my means and admitting it. I'm 27 and made a couple bad financial decisions the last few years - mainly with cars, that will have me tied down for the next 2 years.

Two car payments are $1,300 combined with insurance a month
Rent - $1500
Utitlities - $400 month easily
My son's school - $500 month
Whatever else we spend money - food, etc

My Income is great, we just find a way to spend it all. I need to reevaluate and just drive a Camry next go around and stop wanting the next best thing.

Life lessons I guess....anybody else feel me? End of pity party.

Anybody been in the same boat and turned things around?

yeah you'll be fine once you get rid of the car payments

where you live at? since you got two cars I'm assuming you renting a house?

I need to reevaluate and just drive a Camry next go around and stop wanting the next best thing.

Nothing wrong with a Camry.

Id take a new or CPO Camry over a used 2008 M3 in 2016

Youre grown man with a place and kid, dont listen to young spoiled NT fools.

Sounds like your chick has her hands in your wallet cuz all you talked about was bills. Bet she reckless wit your plastic son.

Definitely overspend based on my salary but I'm just trying to get through residency.

I'm not spending extravagantly though

Back
Top Bottom