Are you willing to give up what you love for who you love?

Are you willing to give up what you love for who you love?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Title pretty much says it all Niketalk fam. Without getting into the particulars of my situation, I've reached a bittersweet moment in my life where I am living out many of the dreams that I've always had. The problem is at the same time it seems I've lost the one person I thought that I'd always be sharing it with. I'm wondering has success ever ruined relationships with your significant others? Thoughts? And does the success feel somewhat empty without that individual? Discuss.

Nah, I couldn't do it. I can't see myself giving up on my dreams to be with one person.

How old are you OP?

You know how many people there are in this world? You'll find another girl. Live it up while you can and everything else will fall into place.

No.

People come and go. Women really are a dime a dozen, except for that one who DOESN'T make you give up what you love.

I spent most of my young adult life letting girlfriends and fiances tell me to grow up, stop doing this, start doing this, all under guise of "helping me be more mature and successful".

I am here today to to tell you that I did not find any sort of peace, maturity, or success with myself until I said **** everything they had to say, straight up took a year off dating, and decided for myself what I want and don't want.

As a dude, we're gonna go out and be savage and hunt and kill. Women wanna reign us in and nurture and whittle our ferocity down into these manageable lumps of money creating mush.

I am vehemently against taking any woman's word on how I should live my life. And this is only after I spent years and was even engaged to a woman thinking I was "giving up what I love for who I love."

OP, I just recently got promoted at my new job and while family and co-workers were happy for me, my girl was the one throwing shade at me. It basically boiled down to more work responsibilities > attention I will give her, in her own mind. We broke up because while I was at work, I was giving her short answers via text message because I was doing actually work. She couldn't fathom the idea of people actually going to work, to do work, without having full drawn out text convos. Ever since I cut the dead weight, I've been happier at the workplace and just in general. Call it selfish but I have to have peace within my self before I have peace with someone else. I will continue to slay random sugar walls until I am 100% certain a woman can handle any success I achieve.

me > you

so what i love is gonna come before who i love any and every day

Lol I think this attitude may be the reason of my current predicament sadly smh.

For the record I am completely aware that there will be others, I'm not at all planning on giving up all of the things that I've worked for. I know I'll get over it. My question is moreso wondering has anyone been in the situation and had the success, but none of it really felt that worth it?

This is someone who has pretty much been there since day one. I honestly believe that the large amount of separation in where we are in terms of our own personal successes may be what has caused such a rift.

What I love takes precedence.

I do know one thing though; *******, they come they go.

OP, I just recently got promoted at my new job and while family and co-workers were happy for me, my girl was the one throwing shade at me. It basically boiled down to more work responsibilities > attention I will give her, in her own mind. We broke up because while I was at work, I was giving her short answers via text message because I was doing actually work. She couldn't fathom the idea of people actually going to work, to do work, without having full drawn out text convos. Ever since I cut the dead weight, I've been happier at the workplace and just in general. Call it selfish but I have to have peace within my self before I have peace with someone else. I will continue to slay random sugar walls until I am 100% certain a woman can handle any success I achieve.

Cool man thanks for that

Your job might change, but overall you will most likely still love it. Women change and could possibly cheat on you.

stack paper and buy yourself a damn wife.

I would resent her in the end for hampering my abilities and that nagging what I could've been thought.

what if that person is your dream?

Sad thing is finding that out, after you've achieved all the other things you've wanted

Edit: and that person is no longer an option, when they always have been

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom