Arrested Development Appreciation Vol. > 30 Rock or The Office

duh. arrested development has always been the funniest, best produced, best acting, all around perfect sitcom ever created.� i think i will even go ahead andsay best comedic piece ever created.� its replay value is off the charts.� i have personally viewed arrested development over 100 times without getting tiredof it.�� for most people, and that includes NT, especially NT (i know the demopgrahic...),� its too fast for you guys.� the jokes come too quick and theydemand your commitment.� most jokes run back in different episodes so it demands that you watch every subsequent episode to reep the punch lines.�� the showhas a hard time allowing never before viewers appreciate its one liners and "gifs".� the show is so rich in story and context that simply showing aclip of a funny or repeating a line wouldnt do it justice.� it wouldnt make sense to anybody else.� the show is a gem and the only thing that will spread itsname is word of mouth.

Spoiler alert...

I just had to add that this show gets infinitely more funnier when Buster gets his hand bitten off.

"FATHER?!!!!"

cue mysterious music

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie"value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen"value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embedsrc="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always"allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

is this show like It's Sunny in Philadelphia at all?

in a way yes due to the selfish nature of most of the characters. if anything its somewhat like a real-life version of family guy, but thats my opinion.

I came in here thinking it was about the Rap group.
I was about to get my Horseshoes ready

Originally Posted by LORENander

in a way yes due to the selfish nature of most of the characters. if anything its somewhat like a real-life version of family guy, but thats my opinion.

come on man. dont put family guy anywhere near arrested development. like putting dead babies next to the louvre

If I may, let me take off my assistant's skirt and put on my Barbra Streisand in The Prince of Tides %@!-masking therapist pantsuit.

HAHAH this is one of the funniest lines ever. I laughed so hard the first time I heard it I was like ++!.

bob loblaw's law blog

I'm a fan of the office but AD is much better

roll.gif

AD is amazing. The characters really do feed off of each other and make the jokes that much better. MY favorite episode was the company Christmas party and Gobkeeps raising how much he paid for his suit.p
Worker: Hey hold the elevator!
Gob: Yeah the guy in the 3000 dollar suit is gonna hold the door for the guy who doesnt make that in 3 months. COME ON!

Haha he is by far my favorite character. Cant wait to check the movie if it gets made
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bangtcg

Originally Posted by LORENander

come on man. dont put family guy anywhere near arrested development. like putting dead babies next to the louvre

Not to mention the shows are total opposites. Family Guy uses cheap cutaway jokes that have nothing to do with anything, and AD has intricately woven, plotintwined jokes that go back multiple episodes. They are as close to black and white as possible with two comedy shows.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Originally Posted by bangtcg

if anything its somewhat like a real-life version of family guy, but thats my opinion.
Not to mention the shows are total opposites. Family Guy uses cheap cutaway jokes that have nothing to do with anything, and AD has intricately woven, plot intwined jokes that go back multiple episodes. They are as close to black and white as possible with two comedy shows.
Yea, the only similarity with family guy is all the flashbacks they have, other than that they couldnt be any more different

My favorite comedy ever.. to dude who said he thinks this show is better than Seinfield. I may have to agree....the writing is tremendous and I love that theshow is not your typical "set" style sitcom. I can see someone going either way with this or Seinfield and honestly you can't go wrong...bothdamn good shows.

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

One of my favorite moments that few people picked up on, kudos to whoever remembers it:

"FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!"
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but
roll.gif

When Steve Holt is running for class president against George-Michael
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I love this show

Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

One of my favorite moments that few people picked up on, kudos to whoever remembers it:

"FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!"
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but
roll.gif

When Steve Holt is running for class president against George-Michael
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I love this show

My faith in humanity is rekindled.

scooped up the 3 season set off amazon for 29$ but still in wraps in front of my tv. lol
should get on that when i get some free time.
first few eps ive seen were mehh but keep hearin ravin reviews.

I loved this show, have all the seasons on DVD.
pimp.gif

TE.......MO......CIL.

TEMOCIL!

The sexual tension between George Michael and Maeby was
laugh.gif

I love The Office but Arrested Development is much funnier. Tobias Funke is probably the funniest TV character ever created.

Back
Top Bottom