Artist from the burbs

Chuck D

9th Wonder

OutKast

Wale though PG is crazy b/c the burbs actually be poppin though. of course the hood is 10x more poppin by default. Cats live in million dollar homeneighborhoods and it's basically the hood without downside of being poor. Which is also why PG is like the frontin capital of the world.

john_brown-suburban_empire.jpg

nerd.gif
pimp.gif

I never understood why a person had to be from the hood in order to be a rapper. whats the problem with being a normally raised musician that raps??

A lot of these rappers 'burbs are pretty hood. Like De La from Strong Island but parts of Hempstead are pretty bad. Same with Public Eney, and The Lox withYonkers. Not all suburbs are nice, places a lot of these place can be worse than neighborhoods in the inner city.

Originally Posted by The Takeover

indifferent.gif

I could care less where your from. Unless you know of some local group in your city that maybe you have grown to listen to. Music is music.

Originally Posted by I Be John Mayer

Wale though PG is crazy b/c the burbs actually be poppin though. of course the hood is 10x more poppin by default. Cats live in million dollar home neighborhoods and it's basically the hood without downside of being poor. Which is also why PG is like the frontin capital of the world.

Yeah... Wale went to school out MoCo though...

There are parts of P.G. county that are just like the city too.

Originally Posted by FR3SH like UgHH

who said cool kids and curren$y are from the burbs???
Mikey Rocks (Antoine Reed) is from Matteson, IL. A suburb of Chicago

Even though Asher's album wasn't as good as I hoped for, I still mess with dudes other music strong.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by I Be John Mayer

Chuck D

9th Wonder

OutKast

Wale though PG is crazy b/c the burbs actually be poppin though. of course the hood is 10x more poppin by default. Cats live in million dollar home neighborhoods and it's basically the hood without downside of being poor. Which is also why PG is like the frontin capital of the world.

naw kast is from the hood..... dre definitley is......raised in bankhead and east point....big boi came up in east point too

Originally Posted by ThatDudeChris

I never understood why a person had to be from the hood in order to be a rapper. whats the problem with being a normally raised musician that raps??
You have to be from the suburbs to be "normally raised"?

Back
Top Bottom