Artists That Changed Their Style Up For The Worst

You really think DJ Paul makes good music right now? My friend is a die-hard Three 6/Hypnotize Minds friend so I get to listen to any new Paul release when I go to burn one down with him and they suck *** :lol: Scale-A-Ton and all those other trash *** projects :lol: Only thing that ever got him by was his production and it sucks now, the songs you posted don't sound like Underground 16 or any of his good work so I don't know what you're getting at with those. All those beats sound the same and none of them use the dope sampling that Paul and Juice were known for.

Last edited:
Wale was the first rapper to come to mind for me. It's amazing how much his music has changed from 100 Miles & Running, Mixtape About Nothing, Paint A Picture days.

This.
Wale used to be my dude.
Now he's just some commercial rapper who trys to make too many "Spoken word" pieces to differ himself from what he ultimately is now,
just another rapper.
Like c'mon man, I ain't trying to hear none of that
"Tonight you shall reach a height that the sky won't catch you
The highest form of my admiration
And I ain't no connoisseur but I'm kinda sure you will admire my taste
But before the sun graze ya"
Man shut the **** up.

Lil Wayne obv fell off, but I hope the Hot Boyz reunion does happen and straightens him out.

Wiz fell super off, and he ain't never coming back.

You really think DJ Paul makes good music right now? My friend is a die-hard Three 6/Hypnotize Minds friend so I get to listen to any new Paul release when I go to burn one down with him and they suck *** :lol: Scale-A-Ton and all those other trash *** projects :lol: Only thing that ever got him by was his production and it sucks now, the songs you posted don't sound like Underground 16 or any of his good work so I don't know what you're getting at with those. All those beats sound the same and none of them use the dope sampling that Paul and Juice were known for.

again, i have never once said dj paul is a beast or better. what i am doing is answering the question the op asked, "what artist switched up for the worst". i used paul as an example for comparison because he was in a group w/ j. so if there is an original style/script/lane to change from they are starting from the same point. if we were to compare the two today (style/content/attitude wise) from where they started paul would be closer to that lane than juicy. that is the only thing i wanted to be gained/understood from my posts. deciding if paul is better than j is a discussion for another thread. im a lord infamous man myself.

again, i have never once said dj paul is a beast or better. what i am doing is answering the question the op asked, "what artist switched up for the worst". i used paul as an example for comparison because he was in a group w/ j. so if there is an original style/script/lane to change from they are starting from the same point. if we were to compare the two today (style/content/attitude wise) from where they started paul would be closer to that lane than juicy. that is the only thing i wanted to be gained/understood from my posts. deciding if paul is better than j is a discussion for another thread. im a lord infamous man myself.

I personally don't think Paul is making nearly the same type of music. Infamous and Koopsta at their peak>the other members no question.

SHYNE PO

i rocked wit shyne hard..i remember my unc used to play his debut 24/7 when i was younger..

godfather buried alive went hard..had me anticipating his release and what not...

sad what my man has become...

"dear america, im only what you made me....young, black, and f'n crazy..please save me"

never will get back to that sadly...diddy be taking dudes souls
omg how can we forget about this tragedy.

son sounds like he drank a fifth of bleach now.

The Crazy thing about Kanye is that he doesn't write most of his lyrics.   He's like Dr. Dre he has several ghost writers.  To me his topics changed.  Kanye is full of himself now.  College Dropout is one of my all time favorite albums because of what he was talking about.  It was classic.  Now all he talks about is himself and how much money he has.   lol it gets old quick.

Agree and second the notion of wale.

O
Gotta agree WTT was hot garbage, especially from 2 artist of their caliber :smh:[/quote

I feel the same. I just think dudes don't like to go against Jay to much. Don't get me wrong he is top 3 ever. But that being said everything he does isn't great.

Shyne immediately comes to mind. He needs to bring back that 2000 flow. Fam sounds like he needs Ricola nowadays.

the carter IV tho? I swear i didnt know that album was even remembered. After the first week i heard nothing else of it and i only know one person who owned it.

I do have to say that Paul's 'Person of Interest' album is his best project in AGES. It just gets repetitive pretty fast cause its like 25 songs.

I actually like Kanye's music now but yeah it doesn't really compare lyrically to the earlier stuff.  It just seems like there was so much heart in those first three albums and zero heart after that.  It's just not genuine in the same way.

the carter IV tho? I swear i didnt know that album was even remembered. After the first week i heard nothing else of it and i only know one person who owned it.
most of the carter 4 was very good.. the album just never got a ton of publicity

Wale was the first rapper to come to mind for me. It's amazing how much his music has changed from 100 Miles & Running, Mixtape About Nothing, Paint A Picture days.

He went the 50 route...

" Switch ya style up.. and if nigs hate,let em hate and watch the money pile up! "

Dude was selling like what, 10k a week and damn near out of the music industry.

Changed style and one of hottest artists in music today. Going gold and ish

Back
Top Bottom