ARTWORK

Originally Posted by EyeSeeSoles

Nice work every one that's posted... just got back in to painting mainly using acrylics on a cotton canvas... any tips would be appreciated or suggestion...

Sure, what are you painting mostly? figures? still life?
90% of the time planning is very important to execute a gd piece.....always start with Sienna brown for under paint.

Let me know what else you would like to know, down to help

^ Appreciate it man... sienna brown? Why?... and im painting more figures I guess its a mexican theme painting a little aztec mix with day of the dead... but I want to take it into more of a grafitti route idk just need advice to get started.

^ Appreciate it man... sienna brown? Why?... and im painting more figures I guess its a mexican theme painting a little aztec mix with day of the dead... but I want to take it into more of a grafitti route idk just need advice to get started.

Sienna Brown is a more warmer tone and it is always easy to start your underpainting with a warmer than a cooler tone like Mars Black....the last thing you want is when you are done with the painting, the under paint still shows from the bottom. It makes it look like some wierd outlines....especially when painting figures

MASARO wrote:
New stuff I just finished, this should really "fit" the sneaker art forum title with the Js....

The Dream by ~Rollers-Studio on deviantART

Nice work.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^^Cool any other tips? Should I paint by section or paint the whole board on color then add the image on top of that?

^^Cool any other tips? Should I paint by section or paint the whole board on color then add the image on top of that?

NEVER paint any subject by section, since in that case your piece will come out like many others that are flat, disconnected and with no "flow". And if you have to do a small section bits by bits, always glaze a neutral color on top over the "whole area" where you had been working in sections earlier. That will bring all the sections together on the same plane.

Think of painting is pushing the paint around on any surface to suggest values (Light, Mid & Dark tones) & perspective. Color doesn't even matter without value...since think about how most animal see things in black & white, yet they have very good depth perception....with correct and adequate values, a monotone painting can be alot better than any multi-color rendering anyday.

I hope all this helps....

Originally Posted by MASARO

NEVER paint any subject by section, since in that case your piece will come out like many others that are flat, disconnected and with no "flow". And if you have to do a small section bits by bits, always glaze a neutral color on top over the "whole area" where you had been working in sections earlier. That will bring all the sections together on the same plane.

Think of painting is pushing the paint around on any surface to suggest values (Light, Mid & Dark tones) & perspective. Color doesn't even matter without value...since think about how most animal see things in black & white, yet they have very good depth perception....with correct and adequate values, a monotone painting can be alot better than any multi-color rendering anyday.

glasses.gif
 that was Deep...... but on a serious note thanks i will take everything you said and start my piece ill post pics when i can.... thanks a lot tho i def appreciate it.

Originally Posted by MASARO

glasses.gif
 that was Deep...... but on a serious note thanks i will take everything you said and start my piece ill post pics when i can.... thanks a lot tho i def appreciate it.
No Problemo, anytime.....I'm always down to help others develop their artistic endavors...
Let me know if you got any more questions....

You can hit me up over at my site too---> www.rollersstudio.com

Looking fwd to see what you gonna do....have fun, cause that's what really matters!

MASARO- That's some good advice right there. You just opened my eyes to one thing in particular that I will utilize on my upcoming paintings. thanks!

Originally Posted by c4

MASARO- That's some good advice right there. You just opened my eyes to one thing in particular that I will utilize on my upcoming paintings. thanks!

Ya Welcome

Originally Posted by ImReallyDirkNowitzki

Sketches for my next few paintings, can anyone guess the shoes?

Sorry for the blurry/crooked pics lol
1.lebron 4s
2.dunkman 3s
3.hyperdunks
good stuff

Back to painting,. lets not forget., that by adding a tone to all the colours, will make the painting dull and boring, like that of the academics, which where fought against starting from the impressionists.

Back
Top Bottom