A's taking Shots at the Giants

I don't understand why fans spend their energy on inferior teams, especially between non-rivals (a sweep in one World Series does not constitute arivalry).

When A's fans are talking about how many championships they've won, do they count the Yankees' championships from the '50s and '60s whenthe A's basically functioned as a farm team for the Yanks?

like both teams

the a's have that edginess to them that i like, the atmosphere at their games are better (maybe it's cause their also raider fans, lol)

sf is more laid back, but there are their share of hardcore fans

and i do believe that the a's teams late 80s-90s were better than any bonds team ever

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

When A's fans are talking about how many championships they've won, do they count the Yankees' championships from the '50s and '60s when the A's basically functioned as a farm team for the Yanks?

Do the Yank/Celtics still count those championships though?
laugh.gif

If your team has won the championship regardless of when it was or under what conditions, you're going to talk about it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dfresh244

The A's will always be in the shadow of the Giants no matter what.

indifferent.gif
That's a lie. The city of Oakland will always be in theshadow of San Francisco, but the A's are for sure not in the shadow of the Giants. Come on now.....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Darko for MVP

indifferent.gif
That's a lie. The city of Oakland will always be in the shadow of San Francisco, but the A's are for sure not in the shadow of the Giants. Come on now.....
laugh.gif

I'm just stating the truth. It's sort of like how the White Sox are in the shadow of the Cubs no matter what. Besides they're moving tofremont
sick.gif

Originally Posted by caLiwestcoast1

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...aint it the damn truth...i hate how everyone in the bay is rooting for the C's juss cos of powe
laugh.gif

[nba2k8]Leon POOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWE!![/nba2k8]

pimp.gif
grin.gif

indifferent.gif
That's a lie. The city of Oakland will always be in the shadow of San Francisco, but the A's are for sure not in the shadow of the Giants. Come on now.....
laugh.gif

I'm just stating the truth. It's sort of like how the White Sox are in the shadow of the Cubs no matter what. Besides they're moving to fremont
sick.gif

Fremont>Santa Clara

\and I'm a niners fan

Giants fans still bitter about that choke job against the Angels a few years back. Remember the Rally monkey. Come to Oakland, and you see World Series flags.Go to Frisco and you see rainbow flags.

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

i just want to say thank you for taking barry zito.

worst move ever. i wish we could buy him out or something. ship him off the tripleA for a year. something. anything. a trade for a cup of coffee and ascone.
Originally Posted by swingmanxv

Giants fans still bitter about that choke job against the Angels a few years back. Remember the Rally monkey. Come to Oakland, and you see World Series flags. Go to Frisco and you see rainbow flags.

someone a little homophobic?

by the way, A/S/L??
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by y2kingsfan

the AL will always be in the shadow of the NL

I didn't even realize the AL was living in the shadow of the NL... you know, since the AL has the Red Sox and the Yanks ...
LMAO I hope the yankees get out of the mets shadow one of these days

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

I'm a Giants fan and I still find it funny.

What I find even more amusing is how A's fans love to talk $!@+ about the Giants, but Giants fans don't care about the A's at all.

Tim Lincecum is THE TRUTH

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
For sure you are mistaken. The A's have 10 more victories than the Giants and when you watch the local news, you'll see the Giants losing tothe Pirates 2-0 before you see the A's beating the Red Sox 7-6. That's the reality and that's being in the shadows.

In terms of media coverage in the Bay Area, the Giants are more favored probably. In terms of coverage around America? Neither teams gets much love. But if youknow anything at all about baseball, you know the A's are the better franchise right now, have a better history, and sure LOOK like there going to have abetter future. Just my 2 cents.

This 'living in their shadow' business has nothing to do with the greatness of either team but rather the airtime they get. The Giants clearly havebetter broadcasting, they're simply a much more heavily advertised team, not to mention they reside in one of the major cities of the country. Meawhile,many who do not live in the Bay Area hear 'Oakland' and think of gangs, drugs, the Raiders, death, etc. Talk aside, history and current standings are abetter measure for these two ballclubs.

Back
Top Bottom