Asian Culture Discussion Thread

I don’t have anywhere to share this…but the most Asian thing happened to me today.

I’ve worked as an engineer ever since I graduated college. Did that for 11 years and then got laid off last year….I hated being an engineer! So stressful! So after getting laid off, I had no choice but become a stay-at-home dad. It was dope raising my son for a year (he’s 2). We have a crazy strong bond now since I’ve been the main person taking care of him.

But it’s time for me to go back to work since my benefits are running out. Landed a different job at my old company. It’s a demotion, I’m no longer an engineer and taking a small pay cut (6k). BUT I rather take that cut and have less responsibilities and authority. I was excited to tell my pops I landed a job and it’s pretty much the same pay as what I was making before and that’s not an engineering position. Dude was like :stoneface: “what…you couldn’t get your old job back?” :smh:

He couldn’t even be happy that I’m getting back in the work force. Oh well…gotta do what I gotta do for MY family.

That’s all, homies. Follow YOUR dreams, not someone else’s.
Don't sweat it bro. Some older generation just care the status cuz they want to flex on their friends.

Live your life and do what makes you happy. Can't be living for their approval forever.

Don't carry on their generational asian trauma into the next generation.

IMG_7535.png

korean on korean murder at golds gym 💀

bro shot him while he was doing pull ups 💀💀💀💀

Back
Top Bottom