Asian Culture Discussion Thread

giphy-downsized-large.gif

me and shibadekobe shibadekobe riding through the streets of Gangnam (im in front)

The identity of the motorcycle 'bikini couple' who took off their tops and walked around in Gangnam on a rainy day (video)​

me and shibadekobe shibadekobe riding through the streets of Gangnam (im in front)

The identity of the motorcycle 'bikini couple' who took off their tops and walked around in Gangnam on a rainy day (video)​

i couldn't read a single character in that article but the pictures sufficed.

speaking of motorcycles, i've spent a considerable amount of time today trying to find news about a motorcycle accident i drove by yesterday along interstate 5 in California. resulted in an hour of traffic, but as they allowed drivers to start moving i saw an SUV with a motorcycle in front of it, laid its side.. with a large white sheet covering something. pretty sure it was the motorcyclist's body. pretty jarring scene to observe

for anyone in this thread who rides motorcycles, please do so safely. wild how quickly life can changed in an instant, if not entirely ended :frown:

AT Meetup...I'm the one filming in the Porsche

Horrible: 70-Year-Old Woman Beaten, Kicked By 4 Attackers In San Francisco!

Must be some tik tok trend to attack the elderly asian population.

Where are all the “what about” people ?

Last edited:
Everybody sees the trend but do what they do best and turn a blind eye. Straight crickets from other communities. Funny how the few members who enjoy policing this thread aint got a ****ing thing to say.

i’m straight baffled about how we stop this ****. teaching elders self defense or arming them will only go so far

bruh that’s exactly what the **** im sayin. it’s window dressing.
Sorry , i dont even know any one recommending that. It would be crazy to give weapons to these people since they are being attacked by people 50 years younger than them.

On one end of the spectrum, harsher penalties for race based crimes and grass root policing of Asian communities. On the other end, "punisher squads" may be needed.

I am not advocating for punisher squads.

speaking of anti-asian hate, this country and it’s administration continues to deport large numbers of southeast asian refugees. went to a protest last week to show support to a brotha awaiting his deportation. Cali folks, strongly urge you to call or email newsom's office to pardon Phoeun You and pass the vision act to protect other immigrant communities from deportation

IMG_7637.jpg
IMG_7670.jpg

IMG_7660.jpg
IMG_7614.jpg

Please provide some background on this case for every one moe200069 moe200069 .

It's pitiful that the Asian thread as become the Anti-Asian Attack thread. But if all these cases are not showcased, they and the injustice connected to them will go unnoticed like decades before.

Sorry , i dont even know any one recommending that. It would be crazy to give weapons to these people since they are being attacked by people 50 years younger than them.

On one end of the spectrum, harsher penalties for race based crimes and grass root policing of Asian communities. On the other end, "punisher squads" may be needed.

it sucks that for many of us in the Asian community, the immediate solution seems to fall somewhere between vigilante justice groups and increasing police presence. neither of these solutions are sustainable or viable. hell in oakland, the chinatown where people are being targeted is across the street from oakland's police headquarters. the perpetrators of these crimes are branching out of the immediate chinatowns, as well, and it's spilling into the adjacent "little vietnam" neighborhood.

as i said earlier, i am absolutely baffled about how to help our elders not only just "feel" safe but actually be safe. i've been messaging our council members of those districts to see what they're considering but still awaiting some response.

Please provide some background on this case for every one moe200069 moe200069 .

It's pitiful that the Asian thread as become the Anti-Asian Attack thread. But if all these cases are not showcased, they and the injustice connected to them will go unnoticed like decades before.

before I link the articlesabout him, just some context to how i heard about Phouen You. some of my homies from my undergrad days work with the Asian Prisoner Support Committee (APSC) a support group for API prisoners who are locked up at San Quentin. Some of the brothers are lifers and some of them are finishing their sentences —ultimately the purpose of APSC is to make sure these brothers are able to maintain human connection to the outside and help them rebuild their lives after being released and avoid recidivism. One of the men is Phouen You, who was locked up for 25+ years for a murder. Through his time behind bars and participation in APSC, he's changed his life. In prison, he earned his Associate of Arts degree, became a counselor and mentor and was a journalist for the San Quentin News. He recently wrote an op-ed in the sf chronicle

From https://www.advancingjustice-alc.org/news-resources/perspectives/hnh-phoeun-you

Phoeun was bullied at school and grew up in a dangerous environment. He and his family struggled with the unprocessed trauma of surviving war and genocide with no culturally comptent resources or mental health care. For a sense of belonging and protection, Phoeun joined a gang when he was 13 years old, and desperate to numb his and his family’s pain, he also began abusing drugs and alcohol.

By the age of 20, Phoeun only knew violence as a means of protection and survival. One day, while waiting to pick up his nephew from school, he and his family were attacked by a rival gang. In response to the attack, Phoeun tried to seek accountability in the only way he knew and drove for hours trying to find the rival gang and confront them, ultimately opening fire in a crowd that resulted in his incarceration.

One of the most disturbing videos out there regarding attacks on asians.
Whats more disturbing is that after witnessing two people getting murdered, the customer decides to steal two bottles of rum instead of calling police.

Back
Top Bottom