Ask the Barber

Originally Posted by SoVerSoTowel

why is Jadakiss as hard as it gets?

laugh.gif
this gets me all the time

Originally Posted by DiPlOMaT007

How do i tell a barber to shut up and pay attention to what hes doing right now?
How do you tell dude to slow down, when he takes his time the cut is fire other times it can be " ight "
Why are barbers so sensitive ?

You can't, I mean you can but you shouldn't.
Find another barber on the cool. 

I don't ever be on my phone when I have someone on my chair. 

Speed of the haircut depends on the type of hair cut and how many people are waiting. 

I'm not sensitive, maybe we do get annoyed fast though...? 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Wilson+Chandler+Denver+Nuggets+v+Los+Angeles+Jw_IvZSI7SSl.jpg

what in the hell is this called? 
nerd.gif

a fade that was grown in check sons edge
Looks like a grown out fade, could be a grown out high taper fade by looking at the back of his head as well though....

I should b taking my masterbarber test in March. In the middle of trying to find a shop to work at now.

Im looking to open my own shop by the end of the year (if i pass my master test )

Queens/NY NTers will be hooked up

pimp.gif

If I want to cut my hair at home, what tools do I need?

I have T-Outliners

What other tools do I need? I am Black BTW.

How do I fix my widows peak problem?
Every time I go get a haircut he always has a hard time because he says my widows peak is weird and that my hairline is a trip, I mean he does it right every time but it's weird that my widows peak creates such a obstacle for him.

Also, I remember the last time when my shop was closed and I had an interview that day I decided to go to this shop right outside my job.

I walked in, signed the paper, and took a seat.

The whole time dude kept asking me about my shop and when I told him that they're closed Sunday and Monday he just kept saying that I should stop going there and start coming to him because he's the best in San Antonio.

30 minutes later he's done and when I get home I start looking at my head, he left a HUGE patch of hair on the back of my head and half-assed my hairline, he didn't touch it up with a razor.

All he did was talk about how good he is the whole damn time but dude couldn't give a proper haircut to save his life 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

I should b taking my masterbarber test in March. In the middle of trying to find a shop to work at now.

Im looking to open my own shop by the end of the year (if i pass my master test )

Queens/NY NTers will be hooked up

pimp.gif
i like to get a tapeup with a trim on top, thanks

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

If I want to cut my hair at home, what tools do I need?

I have T-Outliners

What other tools do I need? I am Black BTW.

Well, you got the edgers. 
Now you just need some clippers. 

I recommend some Wahl Seniors, and buy the guards that go with Wahl. 

Guards are the plastic coverings that you tell your barber give me a 1, 2, 3, etc...

If those are too expensive then go ahead and buy some Wahl Designers. 

Just know they will NOT bald out! 

If you want to do a bald fade or a bald taper fade anything like that I suggest some Wahl Balding Clippers.

Electric Razor buy the Wahl 5 Star Bump Free Shaver. 

Just depends on what your trying to do.

If you want to keep a nice clean cut, then go ahead and just buy the clippers whichever fit in your price range.

Wahl Seniors are better though, and last longer.

They come with Oil, so you'll be good.

Just like cars they need maintenance. 

Blade wash, oil, disinfectant, etc... 

What is the cap as far as how much money you can make in one day?

How much money do u make a week?

You ever run into smelly hair that you dont want to cut?

Do you just cut certain types of ethnicity, or is it awkward when you have to cut a white guys hair?

Originally Posted by ErickM713

How do I fix my widows peak problem?
Every time I go get a haircut he always has a hard time because he says my widows peak is weird and that my hairline is a trip, I mean he does it right every time but it's weird that my widows peak creates such a obstacle for him.

Also, I remember the last time when my shop was closed and I had an interview that day I decided to go to this shop right outside my job.

I walked in, signed the paper, and took a seat.

The whole time dude kept asking me about my shop and when I told him that they're closed Sunday and Monday he just kept saying that I should stop going there and start coming to him because he's the best in San Antonio.

30 minutes later he's done and when I get home I start looking at my head, he left a HUGE patch of hair on the back of my head and half-assed my hairline, he didn't touch it up with a razor.

All he did was talk about how good he is the whole damn time but dude couldn't give a proper haircut to save his life 
30t6p3b.gif

Can't really fix that issue, best thing your barber can do is give you a pushed back edge up.
I'm assuming you might have a cowlick or a different growth pattern where your hairline starts. 

Yeah, that's a half___ Barber!

Don't ever go back to them, those are the type that are more about their money than making the people look good! 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by nightruans

lol at youngmoney threadjacking and OP disappeared when they stole his shine!

He ain't the only Barber on NT, I'm here for y'all fam'! 
Hoping to start an official Barber Thread, with the tools I got. 

Products I use, how to do Bald Fades, Taper Fades, Edge Up's/Line Up's, Even all over's, etc... 

What is the cap as far as how much money you can make in one day?

How much money do u make a week?

You ever run into smelly hair that you dont want to cut?

Do you just cut certain types of ethnicity, or is it awkward when you have to cut a white guys hair?
There's no certain amount... 
I mean you have walk-in's and appointments but not that many. 

It all depends on the weather or holidays... 

Smelly hair I haven't ran into that, but when I do I'll take 'em to the bowl and shampoo their hair out.

I don't, maybe other barber's do though... 

I can care less what their ethnicity is, I'll give 'em a cut if they ask me for one. 

So all I need are the shape-up clippers + The Designers?

What about the tool that barbers use to even out the hair. They usually use 3 tools

laugh.gif
 Why would that be awkward though?

Originally Posted by lexflex81

laugh.gif
 Why would that be awkward though?
lol i have just noticed it sometimes when someone white goes to an urban barbershop it looks uncomfortable for either the barber or the person getting the cut lol

ca103f941487ff38_2011_Men_s_Haircut_and_Hairstyle_Trends_2.jpg

Some people cant cut hair like this, i'm just asking

how exactly do you "maintain" clippers? for example, you said "blade wash" but can you be more specific in terms of what you wash it with, do you use a cloth/cotton ball/ect.?

laugh.gif
@ OP

Questions:
- Do you (barbers) cut your own hair? Or do you find a buddy at the shop and cut each other's?
- What kind of hair is easier to cut in your opinion, assuming they want the same haircut..an asian/white guy or a black guy?

Thx in advance.

If you had the chance to cut Lebron's hair would you do him the favor and cut it all off or just shape it up and let ppl continue to make fun of him

Back
Top Bottom